Hacking Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its like... take three normal paper sheets. this kind of thickness and ridged/strenght it will be.
if you want them more ridged, then laminate them or print directly on thicker paper. but like I said. Most of the "cheaper" printers cant handle paper like 160mg/m² - which is more like cardboard.

Katcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the info. I dug around to see what I could use and saw the spec page for my printer listing "Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper". Googled what that was and it turns out to have a paper weight of 255g/m². If it can handle that then would something around 240g/m² be ideal?

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this NFC dump gives me all deity drops like all armor etc when I use it once? I used a different NFC code that wasn't modded and I just don't like playing hope I get the rest of the armor. I already wasted my power tag using the wrong amiibo dump and I don't want to waste anymore tags.

Last edited by qaz015393,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this NFC dump gives me all deity drops like all armor etc when I use it once? I used a different NFC code that wasn't modded and I just don't like playing hope I get the rest of the armor. I already wasted my power tag using the wrong amiibo dump and I don't want to waste anymore tags.
Can't link to that site, it goes against the forums copyright rules. Amiibo fall under copyright protection.

Reactions: qaz015393

KevinQ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've spent the last hour trying to find the backgrounds for the SMB wave 2, Koopa Troopa, Goomba, and the player 2 versions. Does anyone know where I can find the image files for these?

I would love copies of them where the figure is in the background (so like how they look on the box).

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mario odyssey cereal delicious card

Do these need their own backs or is the normal odyssey back good enough?

mario ceareal odyssey card v1.png mario ceareal odyssey card v2.png

Last edited by Random11,
Reactions: Golgo13 and Frexxos

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would say the original one fits perfectly - because its for mario odyssey so why not the odyssey background! my opinion

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do these need their own backs or is the normal odyssey back good enough?

View attachment 111398 View attachment 111401

I think the original back is fine especially because you have the original and a v2 back as well. :D
Now, I've compiled a listing of the ones I was unable to find that were made by you.. (I've been printing your credit-card-sized ones):
additional zelda backs for those of you reading this looking to gather more cards:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/compcs-amiibo-cards.413508/page-60#post-7631662
https://gbatemp.net/threads/compcs-amiibo-cards.413508/page-60#post-7650145

If you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction if these exist, that would be fantastic. Thank you.

Last edited by datahoarder,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the original back is fine especially because you have the original and a v2 back as well. :D
Now, I've compiled a listing of the ones I was unable to find that were made by you.. (I've been printing your credit-card-sized ones):
If you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction if these exist, that would be fantastic. Thank you.

Unfortunately I have not made cards for any of what you have listed with the exception of Barioth & Ayuria.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I have not made cards for any of what you have listed with the exception of Barioth & Ayuria.
Thank you for the quick response. I believe I am done editing my posting. Now everyone will be aware of what we need to fill the collection.
If anyone notices any that I have missed for the available amiibo that has cards that have been created; please post the information for us.
I realize there were some Player 2 cards that had been created, but they weren't high quality so I have left them out or simply missed the release.

Last edited by datahoarder,

mike817

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone had any luck printing these at a place like staples? If so, can you give me a few quick tips?

ares9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
additional zelda backs for those of you reading this looking to gather more cards:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/compcs-amiibo-cards.413508/page-60#post-7631662
https://gbatemp.net/threads/compcs-amiibo-cards.413508/page-60#post-7650145

I downloaded the images of USA Animal Crossing cards from Nintendo's site when they were still available, the check list was taken down (Series 1 to 4 and Welcome amiibo, 450 cards) and the EU Sanrio cards from Nintendo EU site, I had to scan the back of the Sanio because I could not find it anywhere, still waiting for the set of original WA cards to scan a back which I don't have either.

I also have images of the 16 amiibo figures, but I don't remeber where did I find them or who's the author, if you want them I can include them in file, they are taylored for EU region
If you want those files I can upload them later today or tomorrow

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the images of USA Animal Crossing cards from Nintendo's site when they were still available, the check list was taken down (Series 1 to 4 and Welcome amiibo, 450 cards) and the EU Sanrio cards from Nintendo EU site, I had to scan the back of the Sanio because I could not find it anywhere, still waiting for the set of original WA cards to scan a back which I don't have either.

I also have images of the 16 amiibo figures, but I don't remeber where did I find them or who's the author, if you want them I can include them in file, they are taylored for EU region
If you want those files I can upload them later today or tomorrow

I found all of the amiibo figure images on someone's Dropbox, but I'm on mobile, so I can't link to it currently, but I would absolutely LOVE the animal crossing images!

ares9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

forthisisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Random11 ! I've been away for a bit but I've had an amazing time with these cards that I created a bit ago with your formating. I've done a bit of searching around but haven't seen a SSB Bayonetta (P1 & P2) done by you. I prefer your format because your backgrounds are always done perfectly and the bleeds are always on point for use when printing out. Do you happen to have these done? If not, could I bother to request them? If not, that's okay as well. Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have an exact way you modified the cards CompC made to fit properly on MPC? All of yours fit perfectly without modification, I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to fix all of CompC's card arts.
Hey, did you ever figure out how to adjust CompC's cards? I have the same issue as I've gotten spoiled by Random's format that when I need a card that he hasn't done, I have to play around with Comp's till it works.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how ridged will the cards be when made?
If you want cards to be rigid there's a very easy solution. Just take scrap booking paper and sandwhich it between the two. You'd need twice the glue since yours obsioily gluing a third sheet in there but it works very well. This produces something slightly thicker then your average trading or playing card. It's a bit more effort but I started doing this and have been pleased with the outcome. My wife does scap booking so there isn't really an additional expense as I can use her paper scraps. Even still it maybe add around 5 cents a card if you go out and buy sheets yourself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone had any luck printing these at a place like staples? If so, can you give me a few quick tips?
I printed mine at staples before we bought a color laser printer (for unrelated reasons). I guess it might depend on who you work with. I printed them on multiple occasions (at least 6) since I made them for fitness too and I didn't have any resistance.

I say just try. It's not like their going to call the fbi on you lol. Look st how many people are selling this stuff all over the web. You trying to get a copy printed is going to be a very low risk in comparison.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi