Hacking Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

windlily

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have a keen eye lol. Thats actually done on purpose. The box art for wolf link had a slightly different logo. The O in "Legend of" has a diamond in it in the newer amiibo where the wolf link didnt have that. And like you noticed it is slightly smaller on the wolf link amiibo. Personally I wanted to match the amiibo box art so I made the logos different to match the different logos used on the official box art. But you can edit it if you like it better so they all match.

You are absolutely right! I never noticed that diamond in the 'O'.. Looks like my eye isn't so keen afterall haha. Carry on then :)

forthisisme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @Random11 , not sure if you've answer this before but what technique do you use to extend your images to add bleed and crop marks in PS. Thanks in advance.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey @Random11 , not sure if you've answer this before but what technique do you use to extend your images to add bleed and crop marks in PS. Thanks in advance.
Well I dont "extend" the images. I make them with the bleed in mind already. So where as everyone else makes the cards and crops them.... I crop them with some extra room. The only cards I "extended" were the smash ones from CompC. For those again I didnt really "extend" the image, I remade the cards from scratch and then again just cropped them leaving more space for bleeds.

Jesal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really hope you'll add the four new amiibo that were announced for revali, daruk, urbosa, and mipha it would be appreciated :D
4 new zelda amiibo.jpg

EDIT: I created my own Daruk Amiibo using your template. Please tell me how it looks:)
Daruk Amiibo.jpg

Last edited by Jesal,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
really hope you'll add the four new amiibo that were announced for revali, daruk, urbosa, and mipha it would be appreciated :D View attachment 90036

EDIT: I created my own Daruk Amiibo using your template. Please tell me how it looks:) View attachment 90039
It looks good. Some critiques: the masking job could be better. There is some haloing going on. Also on his left leg (your right) there is a spec of white floating off in space there. Also the name text, you capitalized the first letter. In all the other BOTW amiibo the first letter isnt capitalized. But if its good enough for you, dont let me tell you otherwise.

I was going to wait until the official box art to make anything. They seem to like randomly changing the layout and stuff for no reason. I already kinda got messed up with majora, tp and ss links. But if you dont want to wait feel free to make them yourself.

Jesal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks good. Some critiques: the masking job could be better. There is some haloing going on. Also on his left leg (your right) there is a spec of white floating off in space there. Also the name text, you capitalized the first letter. In all the other BOTW amiibo the first letter isnt capitalized. But if its good enough for you, dont let me tell you otherwise.

I was going to wait until the official box art to make anything. They seem to like randomly changing the layout and stuff for no reason. I already kinda got messed up with majora, tp and ss links. But if you dont want to wait feel free to make them yourself.
Thanks for the feedback! I'd much rather wait and see what you make instead

AgentSmith03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I created an account just to say thank you @Random11 for your great work on these cards. I love them. I printed them out on my printer using 65 lb cardstock (non-glossy). I wish I would have found glossy cardstock, but I think they turned out great! I used rubber cement to glue the backs on and love the final product. I am excited to see your artwork for the 4 champion's that were just announced! Keep up the GREAT work!!

My results:
http://imgur.com/a/LzVmw

Last edited by AgentSmith03,
Reactions: Random11

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just playing around a bit

If anyone has a clean render of the metroid from the box art please let me know... the one I used is a hodgepodge of the Japanese and US box art and me doing my darnedest to Photoshop the missing parts, but I would really prefer the proper art.

These are not intended to be printed. They are not finished. Just showing what I'm currently working on
IMG_7279.JPG

Last edited by Random11,
Reactions: TerryG

UndarkAido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there somewhere I can get these without the lines on the corners, in case of a misprint? @Random11 , at any point did you do more amiibo that aren't in the main thread?

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there somewhere I can get these without the lines on the corners, in case of a misprint? @Random11 , at any point did you do more amiibo that aren't in the main thread?
Sorry for the confusion. The metroid amiibo art was not meant to be used for printing. It was just something I was messing around with yesterday.

You can find all my cards in the op of each of my threads.

UndarkAido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the confusion. The metroid amiibo art was not meant to be used for printing. It was just something I was messing around with yesterday.

You can find all my cards in the op of each of my threads.

Oh, with the lines bit, I was talking about the guide lines in the OP images.

With the second part, I was wondering if you'd done any other cards, like Shovel Knight or more Smash, or do you have a way I could do them myself?

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, with the lines bit, I was talking about the guide lines in the OP images.

With the second part, I was wondering if you'd done any other cards, like Shovel Knight or more Smash, or do you have a way I could do them myself?
Oh my bad.

There is wiggle room to allow for misprints. Also if you round the corners your print would have to be pretty far off to have the crop lines show up in the final image. But if you really want the lines gone you can download the templates in my op and just mask out the parts behind the crop line. It's a bit of work though.

As for other cards, like I said, all my finished cards are linked in the op. I never did shovel knight or the rest of the smash line.

Last edited by Random11,

UndarkAido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you really want the lines gone you can download the templates in my op and just mask out the parts behind the crop line. It's a bit of work though.
Looks simple enough!

As for other cards, like I said, all my finished cards are linked in the op. I never did shovel knight or the rest of the smash line.
What did you do to make them, so I can try to do some myself?

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What did you do to make them, so I can try to do some myself?

For the smash ones I used this template and expanded upon it, which meant I basically had to remake everything from scratch anyway but its fairly simple. For all the other ones I made I just take the box art break it down into the individual pieces I'll need and start either googling a lot to find renders or remake the art from scratch at a higher resolution.

Those metroid ones look great Random.
thanks

Last edited by Random11,

UndarkAido

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the smash ones I used this template and expanded upon it, which meant I basically had to remake everything from scratch anyway but its fairly simple. For all the other ones I made I just take the box art break it down into the individual pieces I'll need and start either googling a lot to find renders or remake the art from scratch at a higher resolution.

Ok, cool.
I've made some progress on Shovel Knight:

Edit: This is a modification of one of @CompC 's Amiibo Cards.

Last edited by UndarkAido,
Reactions: Jesal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.