Custom Amiibo Cards for BOTW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Random11, Mar 11, 2017.

1. windlily

windlily Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2017
    Canada
    You are absolutely right! I never noticed that diamond in the 'O'.. Looks like my eye isn't so keen afterall haha. Carry on then :)

2. forthisisme

forthisisme Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2017
    United States
    Hey @Random11 , not sure if you've answer this before but what technique do you use to extend your images to add bleed and crop marks in PS. Thanks in advance.

3. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    Well I dont "extend" the images. I make them with the bleed in mind already. So where as everyone else makes the cards and crops them.... I crop them with some extra room. The only cards I "extended" were the smash ones from CompC. For those again I didnt really "extend" the image, I remade the cards from scratch and then again just cropped them leaving more space for bleeds.

4. nine0nine

nine0nine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2006
    Albania
    Seems your set of graphics got noticed in China, all the knock off sets are using these same designs here.

5. Jesal

Jesal Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2017
    United States
    really hope you'll add the four new amiibo that were announced for revali, daruk, urbosa, and mipha it would be appreciated :D 4 new zelda amiibo.jpg

EDIT: I created my own Daruk Amiibo using your template. Please tell me how it looks:) Daruk Amiibo.jpg

Last edited by Jesal, Jun 13, 2017
  6. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    It looks good. Some critiques: the masking job could be better. There is some haloing going on. Also on his left leg (your right) there is a spec of white floating off in space there. Also the name text, you capitalized the first letter. In all the other BOTW amiibo the first letter isnt capitalized. But if its good enough for you, dont let me tell you otherwise.

I was going to wait until the official box art to make anything. They seem to like randomly changing the layout and stuff for no reason. I already kinda got messed up with majora, tp and ss links. But if you dont want to wait feel free to make them yourself.

7. Jesal

Jesal Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for the feedback! I'd much rather wait and see what you make instead

8. AgentSmith03

AgentSmith03 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    Hey. I created an account just to say thank you @Random11 for your great work on these cards. I love them. I printed them out on my printer using 65 lb cardstock (non-glossy). I wish I would have found glossy cardstock, but I think they turned out great! I used rubber cement to glue the backs on and love the final product. I am excited to see your artwork for the 4 champion's that were just announced! Keep up the GREAT work!!

My results:
    http://imgur.com/a/LzVmw

Last edited by AgentSmith03, Jun 16, 2017
    Random11 likes this.
  9. Laura_18

Laura_18 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2017
    United Kingdom
    has anyone made them with NTAG215 Cards?

10. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    Yes. Everyone.

11. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    just playing around a bit

If anyone has a clean render of the metroid from the box art please let me know... the one I used is a hodgepodge of the Japanese and US box art and me doing my darnedest to Photoshop the missing parts, but I would really prefer the proper art.

These are not intended to be printed. They are not finished. Just showing what I'm currently working on
    IMG_7279.JPG

Last edited by Random11, Jun 22, 2017
    TerryG likes this.
  12. UndarkAido

UndarkAido Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2017
    United States
    Is there somewhere I can get these without the lines on the corners, in case of a misprint? @Random11 , at any point did you do more amiibo that aren't in the main thread?

13. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    Sorry for the confusion. The metroid amiibo art was not meant to be used for printing. It was just something I was messing around with yesterday.

You can find all my cards in the op of each of my threads.

14. UndarkAido

UndarkAido Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2017
    United States
    Oh, with the lines bit, I was talking about the guide lines in the OP images.

With the second part, I was wondering if you'd done any other cards, like Shovel Knight or more Smash, or do you have a way I could do them myself?

15. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    Oh my bad.

There is wiggle room to allow for misprints. Also if you round the corners your print would have to be pretty far off to have the crop lines show up in the final image. But if you really want the lines gone you can download the templates in my op and just mask out the parts behind the crop line. It's a bit of work though.

As for other cards, like I said, all my finished cards are linked in the op. I never did shovel knight or the rest of the smash line.

Last edited by Random11, Jun 22, 2017
  16. Gifted1

Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    Those metroid ones look great Random.

17. UndarkAido

UndarkAido Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2017
    United States
    Looks simple enough!

What did you do to make them, so I can try to do some myself?

18. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    For the smash ones I used this template and expanded upon it, which meant I basically had to remake everything from scratch anyway but its fairly simple. For all the other ones I made I just take the box art break it down into the individual pieces I'll need and start either googling a lot to find renders or remake the art from scratch at a higher resolution.

thanks

Last edited by Random11, Jun 23, 2017
  19. UndarkAido

UndarkAido Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2017
    United States
    Ok, cool.
    I've made some progress on Shovel Knight:
    Edit: This is a modification of one of @CompC 's Amiibo Cards.

Last edited by UndarkAido, Jun 23, 2017
    Jesal likes this.
  20. Random11
    OP

Random11 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 16, 2008
    Canada
    If you are just trying to extend someone else's cards, make sure to give credit when posting it in forums. Preferably linking to where you got the original card from.