Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
if they like my themes or not to everyone, with that I am more than satisfied...but that for someone to come to look to the smallest detail and to stand out my good and bad points, just bothers me ...
It's not the theme contents that are a problem. Examples below will maybe help explain what I'm trying to get at.

...can someone tell me "hey, your theme is good, but the music is heard fairly bad " or say " your background is very snobby, " that to me does not help me, did not come to give the visual one likes me...
If you are visual, I'll give you a visual example of the sort of thing that I am having an issue with.
vvhp18r.png

I hunted down the image you used for Miku. On the right is the image that I put on top of your image, on the left is your original. See how the lines on the left compare to the ones on the right? That is because of "aliasing". Aliasing makes things look jagged and sometimes hard to look at. The right is scaled down with a standard algorithm (sinc) which smooths out the image and tries to prevent aliasing from happening.

On audio, I said it sounded like it was recorded with a mic or something:
The one used in the theme: https://filetrip.net/view?7iW614HJcw
The original that is available: https://filetrip.net/view?DVWQL6eg8O

The audio used in the theme has game sfx still in it, and it's less audible. Sometimes those aren't readily apparent and the audio is still passable, other times it's really obvious.

...and whom an downloaded my themes, which are people I do not know, they did not lose time to give me a review...
I am one of those people you don't know, but I will lose time to give you a review. Someone who thinks well enough of your theme to spend the time and tell you what he would like to see improved.

...but i speak spanish,my english is so bad
My Spanish is non-existent, so me being able to understand a fair amount of what you said means something.

Also, if you want the Hatsune Miku image:
upphSBa.png

It's not exactly clean, or anything, but it is an improvement to what you currently have.

---
Added the audacity fork

Last edited by jurassicplayer,
Reactions: Chary and MaK11-12

ayurumina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello again
well, it was not my intention to make you improve my work :( , the fact is that I do not like to handle things I do not understand, and my work, although very basic, in my view are well as I remain, although the tools use does not give the desired result (I use the format factory and yata plus)
Really sorry to make you work, but I already remove me up themes for the same, for me, make themes was a hobby, not looking to please someone or grow in the page ...
if something can accept are their answers that you have given me, and now that my works belong to the community, asking them to choose what they want and download what they want ... my goal in princip was to publish 100 themes and get 1000 downloads, after seeing that almost reached the 800 downloads, I reduced my goal to 50 themes, and were 2 rats (the themes are MARIO 30TH ANNIVERSARY and ROMEO AND CIDERELLA), who commented, so leave this ... must understand that for that is a very constructive review, there are rats who look badly, that wanted to avoid blocking me of all kinds of criticisms ...
again, thank you for answering

Miyuki_2

Trophies
XP
Country
- Theme of the Week -
RaiTo19's BlackRock Shooter
cESMDyL.png

So this week's theme is a Black Rock Shooter theme with custom folders, icon borders, sound effects, scrolling top screen, and music. The music and sound effects are completely unrelated more or less with the music being from Attack on Titan, and the sound effects from Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. With that said, neither are particularly bad choices, though a bit on the heavier side (the sfx sounds like swords and some "Mission Accomplished" sort of thing). Most of the colors aren't offending in any way, except for the folder icons and folder back button which sport solid blue and solid red colors that aren't in the palette anywhere. The icon borders are...just a plain gray color, so nothing special there. The bottom screen looks simple enough to make scrolling or animated, though unfortunately is a static image.

The most prominent part about the theme is the scrolling top screen fashioned somewhat haphazardly from various artworks. It's like a jigsaw where the art on the pieces themselves doesn't matter, just that the edges sort of fit together. I like the idea, but not the execution. Some of the artwork has a large amount of space, others have very little, the artwork itself isn't uniform (different artists), and rather than transitions, they are just straight cuts with each cut unlike the other.

It's not a fantastic theme, but the attempted scrolling top screen is still something special among the people that seem to make 3ds themes.
this theme is great may i have one? Pls

heraymo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spent some time on this having issues with chmm2 recognizing the music enless i do shuffle.

Attachments

• preview.png
    preview.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 187

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jurassicplayer

What's the fastest way to fix themes that have the weird pixelated borders around the icons? There's a lot of nice themes that have this issue. Apologies if you've already wrote this down somewhere.

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any sort of picture to describe what you are talking about?

This is how the border is supposed to look like as shown through the preview:

teGQur4.png

This is how it looks like when it is actually applied tho (if you zoom in you can see this weird white pixellation on the corners):

xNxxFmZ.png

All of the veteran themers (such as yourself and the people you recommended in your video) are able to avoid this problem though:

jgR73hR.png

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You need to spread the pixels on your image a little bit after what you are using as a template. Normally, to keep from worrying about any of those sort of things, you fill the transparent/unseen sections of the image with a color from the closest edge for all of the images.

The 3ds seems to slap down white as transparencies and then takes the visible section as a full rectangle before performing its own image mask to remove the corners. So it's only really an issue for when people follow the templates a little too rigorously.

- edit -
Thanks Ryumaru for conveniently having images uploaded every single time.
02-textura-de-borda-48px-png.88117

Last edited by jurassicplayer,
Reactions: whateverg1012

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This wav is meant to loop from start to finish, but when converted into bcstm it just becomes this 448byte 10 second mess and doesn't even play. Can you convert this, as I made other themes with the same tool in the past with excellent results (in my opinion)

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not the theme contents that are a problem. Examples below will maybe help explain what I'm trying to get at.

If you are visual, I'll give you a visual example of the sort of thing that I am having an issue with.
vvhp18r.png

I hunted down the image you used for Miku. On the right is the image that I put on top of your image, on the left is your original. See how the lines on the left compare to the ones on the right? That is because of "aliasing". Aliasing makes things look jagged and sometimes hard to look at. The right is scaled down with a standard algorithm (sinc) which smooths out the image and tries to prevent aliasing from happening.

On audio, I said it sounded like it was recorded with a mic or something:
The one used in the theme: The original that is available:
The audio used in the theme has game sfx still in it, and it's less audible. Sometimes those aren't readily apparent and the audio is still passable, other times it's really obvious.

I am one of those people you don't know, but I will lose time to give you a review. Someone who thinks well enough of your theme to spend the time and tell you what he would like to see improved.

My Spanish is non-existent, so me being able to understand a fair amount of what you said means something.

Also, if you want the Hatsune Miku image:
upphSBa.png

It's not exactly clean, or anything, but it is an improvement to what you currently have.

---
Added the audacity fork
do you still have this theme? I loved this particular theme as well as a few others made by random users but the themes have been deleted by site deletion or who knows what so I would really love to have this theme again in my theme list...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Screenshot (29).png
how do I make my single image fit both screens?? I hated the way of doing it back in the days of using yata 3ds but, I just want to get back into making themes and starting off with a theme of an anime that brings back good memories... so any help on making this theme a reality would be a huge help for me in the longrun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM