Gaming Cubin's list of upcoming xbox360 games to buy

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, with all the games coming out at the end of this year I'd figure I would make a list so I can budget it all. I'm gonna be so broke
frown.gif

1.Half life/portal/team fortress 2

These games are gonna be the SHIT. So awesome that it comes in a 3-in-1 pack! I love the half life 2 series and portal and team fortress just sweetens the deal.

256px-OrangeBoxPC.jpg

189848466_f4364fb510.jpg

2. Halo 3

Lots of haters of the halo series but I love it. Chances are halo 3 will blow 1 & 2 out of the water. Single player sounds awesome with huge environments and 4 player co-op over xbox live or system link. I'll go over my mates to play this on day 1 and co-op through the campaign. Multi-player will keep me entertained for weeks and there's too much cool stuff to list about it here.

This is an awesome article from wired about how much game testing and thought went into it, amazing:
Wired-Halo 3

121928-4-1.jpg

halo3_valhalla-3rdperson-01.jpg

3. Mass Effect

If you liked star wars KOTOR chances are you're going to love this game. Looks like an amazing sci-fi RPG. It's supposed to be a huge game that feels truly epic.

mass-effect-boxart.jpg

masseffect_05_745x440.jpg

5. Call of Duty 4

Set in the near future COD4 looks like it'll beat out all of the previous COD games.
Multi player has an RPG-like system where your character levels up and can gain special abilities called 'perks' every preview of this game says good things and I can't wait for it!
Some perks:
* Deep Impact - Ability to have deeper penetration through objects with bullets
* Extreme Conditioning - Sprint for longer distances
* Last Stand - Pull out your pistol before dying
* Martyrdom - Drop a live grenade when killed
* Dead Silence - Movements make less noise
* Sleight of Hand - Faster reloading
* Sonic Boom - Higher explosion damage
* Stopping Power - Increased bullet damage
* UAV Jammer - Undetectable from a UAV(unmanned aerial vehicle) that you/your opponent can use.
cod4evolved.jpg

cod4demo802.jpg

6. Blue Dragon

Sounds like a really fun RPG but I don't really know much about it, might give it a miss considering my cash flow.

7. Halo Wars(2008)

Looks like they've figured out how to do a RTS on a console! The last command and conquer was good but this looks like it'll control much tighter.

00171555.jpg

halo_wars.jpg

Rock Band

Guitar Heroes successor, play the guitar, drums, sing and bass. Play with people from all around the world in an awesome online community. Download FULL albums to rock out to with your friends.

I'm gonna get the drums
wink2.gif

800px-Rock-band-screen.jpg

With all these games + Metroid, smash bros and galaxy I think gamers who appreciate all consoles will be pretty busy this Christmas.

huhrah for awesome games!

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, all those look great, also Guitar Hero III and Rock Band...
frown.gif
Too many games, not enough cash!!

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hrmm not sure sekhu I'll have to check it out and edit my post accordingly. If anyone has a link to news about it let me know
wink.gif

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PGR4
Turok
Pro Evo Soccer 2008
Blacksite: Area 51
Burnout Paradise

All of the above look fantastic.

BTW- I also read that Haze was now PS3 exclusive. I don't really frequent many games sites, so it was probably on IGN or gamespot or something.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ubisoft has told GameSpot that First Radical's sci-fi first-person shooter Haze is now being planned solely for Sony's PlayStation 3 platform.

Originally, Haze was slated as a multiplatform release for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 in spring, but back in May Ubisoft announced that the PS3 had become the "lead platform" for the title, which would be released in November on the PS3-only, although "no exclusivity for any platform has been officially announced."

Today, Ubisoft said that currently no other versions in development, and although it was still leaving the door open in the future for "new partnerships," currently the game is indeed only planned for the PS3. A spokesperson said, "The official statement on PC and Xbox 360 is that these platforms are not confirmed."

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a PS3 owner, but dang I'd buy a 360 just to play Blue Dragon. Just waiting for a failproof and yet still moddable 360 =P

Not a big fan of FPS on console, I might try whichever of your list comes out on PC. I just can't deal with pads, I played CS too much so I'm never satisfied with the crosshair of console games. I like my crosshair to stay between enemies two eyes, not have enemy head-to-toe inside my gigantic crosshair.

I hope Haze comes out on PC even if next year, using enemy Nectar's looked hellota fun. But again never gonna play the PS3 version =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night