OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
HHu7e3j.png

Recently, I posted a news article on Crytek gaining a new source of income that "rejuvenated" their funds. Before hand, they kept it quiet on how and where they exactly got this money, but have now recently announced that they sold Homefront and all of it's properties, including the brand new Homefront sequel, to Deep Silver. Deep Silver will now be taking over development on Homefront: Revolution.

The source of Crytek's recently-announced new capital appears to have been revealed as Deep Silver, the proud new owner of all things Homefront. "We are thrilled to see another great IP joining the Deep Silver universe," Koch Media Group CE Dr. Klemens Kundratitz said in a statement. "We strongly believe in the potential of Homefront: The Revolution and trust in the new team to continue the path they have been walking in the last years."

The game will be finished by Deep Silver Dambuster, a new addition to Koch Media's studio lineup. Deep Silver declined to comment on whether it's actually a new studio or if Crytek UK has also been acquired and renamed, saying that it's still in the process of setting things up.

:arrow:Source

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Looks like the rumor was true. Least Homefront was saved I guess, but was it even worth saving? The first game is one of the very few I didn't bother with lastgen.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks like the rumor was true. Least Homefront was saved I guess, but was it even worth saving? The first game is one of the very few I didn't bother with lastgen.

It was okay, I never had a chance to try to multiplayer though. I've seen the main story(I played the first two missions myself from what I remember), I like it because Korea is involved.(*Looks at his avatar*) But the gameplay is a different story. These are the words from a person who doesn't like FPS's though so don't take them too serious. :3

I might buy this new Homefront if the price is right. ^_^

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Crytek wasted years of time and money and Deep Silver has paid millions for Homefront. It sounds like a lose-lose all around.

I beg you don't Crytek.

x Mac Gear x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol idk if wiki is right but it says the company has released more than 200 games. Only games I remember from them is the dead island and metro series. There not something to brag about either, but neither was homefront. That game looked and played like a ps2 game. Just couldnt get into it, but maybe cry has a decent amount done already. That way Deep Silver can have a good game or at least one thats not glitchy.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
lol idk if wiki is right but it says the company has released more than 200 games. Only games I remember from them is the dead island and metro series. There not something to brag about either, but neither was homefront. That game looked and played like a ps2 game. Just couldnt get into it, but maybe cry has a decent amount done already. That way Deep Silver can have a good game or at least one thats not glitchy.

Deep Silver is mostly a publisher, they've published around 200 games. They (with their 2 now 3 dev groups) have developed only a handful of games, including Saints Row IV (they acquired ownership of Volition as Saints Row IV was being developed).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple