Gaming Crysis Question n

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, this may sound dumb... but what's so good about this game? The graphics, of course, they seem to rock hard. But we all know, because we love Nintendo, that graphics don't make the game. So, what about the "rest" of its components? Story, weapons, etc :S

Your right, graphics don't make the game. But Graphics fill up 45% of the game.

But, as you put it, what about the remaining 55%? What's the game about and all that?

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it depends on how many spoilers you want.

Aliens on an island that the Koreans control, you are a member of a black ops team that infiltrates to gather intel and rescue the scientists that were studing it

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, this may sound dumb... but what's so good about this game? The graphics, of course, they seem to rock hard. But we all know, because we love Nintendo, that graphics don't make the game. So, what about the "rest" of its components? Story, weapons, etc :S

Your right, graphics don't make the game. But Graphics fill up 45% of the game.

But, as you put it, what about the remaining 55%? What's the game about and all that?

Most likely the freedom to do whatever the hell you want and the enviroment to support it.
The whole enivorement is fully interactive and the AI is very flexible.
You also have the option to do missions in your way, either guns blazing or stealthly sneak past.
The gameplay mechanics are very good too.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
my $1,500 plays crysis just fine on medium/high settings (most of them are on high) with 1440X900 widescreen resolution.

specs:
amd x2 6000+ (oc to 3.2ghz)
geforce 8800gts
2 gigs ram

You paid 1500$ for that? Did you buy or build? And the Geforce 8800GTS.. Is it the 320MB version, 512MB Version, or 640MB version?

ArAcHnId

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
this game lacks gameplay, especially on multiplayer, but the graphics are wicked
tongue.gif

the 3000 barrels thing was way cool
tongue.gif

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can play crysis with almost everything on very high with the exception of postprocessing which stays on just high

My setup is:
8800 Ultra Superclocked(And overclocked more to 680/1140)
Q6600 @ 3.5 GHZ
and 2 gigs of ram on vista, 32 bit

R-Unit 4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I found out what Crytek uses. They use the Intel Core Duo(or was it quad core?) with a Penryn core which is not released for retail yet! They also have Tri-sli and some poorer members have Crossfire. Some also use quadro-force.I found this out on youtube.

P.S The AIs are funny in my opininion. I was planning the use the SCAR with the assault scope to snipe some Koreans and what did I see? A guy peeing on the other guy. This is real, check it on youtube. I also saw on youtube that you can get killed by a shark.O_O!

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought a laptop for $1000 and it runs crysis fine in directx9 mode with medium settings across the board at 1280x1024. Good enough for me, this game is most definitely not worth wasting money on.

Is it NOT worth spending money on...as in like the game? Or not worth buying hardware for? I was thinking of picking up the title...but know nothing about it except its graphic intensive...

The hardware, my troubled Greek friend
wink.gif

R-Unit 4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Turn the res down and you can do anything...my graphics sucks( ATI radeon x1600 pro with Avivo) and by turning it down to 800x600, I can run high on almost everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, I'm sorry for your loss. Rest in piece. 🙏 +1