Gaming Crysis 3 is not coming to the Wii U. Is it a sign of whats to come or a horrible decision

vdoggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on top of that, everyone expects to have something more when a third publisher release a port on the wii u or wii (like it must use motion somewhere) or for wii u, it must use the gamepad! this can discourage the third parties..if they just provide the classic controllers with no motion bs that does not work well, i would still be very satisfied.. the motion or gamepad controller should not be "obligatory" ... like the kinect on xbox, not all games need it

I agree.. in some cases I believe that is why they decided to create the gamepad.. now I have heard some developers say similar things to what you are saying "how will we use/leverage the gamepad"... is this an excuse to not bring a game to the wii u? because there have been a BUNCH of B.S. public excuses when everyone KNOWS it's not he developer who has ANY say.. it's the PUBLISHER... fact is, they don't need to incorporate ANY of those features and it could be a straight port only allowing the gamepad or pro controller for compatibility with NO EXTRA features.. heck.. I'm good with that.. I'm NOT asking for anything extra... it's a bonus if there is.. like I said.. it's obvious we need to be patient until at least the second if not third and fourth quaters of this year... we can only hope.. I'm more than willing to buy a 3rd party game on Wii U as the off tv play is a great feature alone..

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am interested in getting the wii u too... asynchronous play sounds fun for multiplayer too and i can play my old wii titles too ..

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
That has nothing to do with anything. That has to do with poor choice of media format, easy piracy, hardly any online, the fact that they set a bad name for themselves since the 32x nobody gave them a chance, they were in huge debt. That and also the fact that the PS2 was able to do DVD playback, whereas the Dreamcast couldn't.

But still, doesn't change the fact that the Dreamcast is a fantastic system with still some of the best games available, Power Stone, Marvel Vs Capcom, Jet Set Radio, Typing of the Dead, Sonic Adventure, a fantastic (quite possibly the best version) of Soul Calibur, hell pretty much every fighting game on the Dreamcast was the definitive version.

FYI EA's sports games were a huge factor in making the Genesis and SEGA popular in America, arguably the most important market for video games. I'd say that losing EA's support didn't do the Dreamcast any favors.

vdoggie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI EA's sports games were a huge factor in making the Genesis and SEGA popular in America, arguably the most important market for video games. I'd say that losing EA's support didn't do the Dreamcast any favors.

wrong... it had everything to do with discontent of the Sega name.. it had been well documented how they fubar'ed all the previous consoles post Genesis. There was massive backlash from the public consumer and that's why it failed.. there are other reasons.. but the EA is definitely NOT the primary reason.. Sega was not run properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended