Hacking Crown3ds flashcard - Hacking your 3DS and playing 3DS games

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would imagine that this kind of thing takes time... perhaps even a few more months. I don't know. I'm no hacker but I haven't written the Crown3DS off as a fake yet. I've sort of just tried to stop thinking about it. If it turns out to be real then bravo, if not, oh well... I'm leaning more towards it being legit though...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
@Deadlyfoez - Coming late to this topic and calling us all idiots is not a way to endear yourself. Unless you've used it yourself, Its even more idiotic to claim its real soley based on a picture of a bunch of jumbled random cables. If I wanted to waste the time, I could make something just as "convincing" that did nothing.
On the contrary, it is also idiotic to claim that it is fake because of a pic of a bunch of cables and real developmental tools.
Suffice it to say, its been many months and absolutely nothing has happened. That doesn't bode well for truthfulness.
Like I said, it'll be a bitch for them to fit all that they need in a modcart. the FPGA that they need to use is going to be expensive for it to be that small and that fast.

But I've been following this thread since it first started, and I think I've even made a few posts earlier. It does not matter if I was "coming late to this topic".

Reactions: 1 person

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe they are waiting for the 3ds to be properly hacked.
Because unless it is they are gonna need some creative way of selecting the game.
The more conventional things that comes to my mind already involve physical buttons (>=1) on the device itself.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Noob Rantings :

If think were all pretty sure its not IF anyone will ever hack the 3DS but when will they , if Crown proves to be fake i take my hat of to them as they certainly have created a buzz around the scene , 115 forum pages here and counting alone. If they choose to dangle a carrot to tempt people why the hell not , im sure theres other dev teams frantically hacking away in an attempt to be the first to release something worthwhile . The footage and images all look legit to me (i work in the elctrical / electronics industry) . Im not sure trolling a thread on how late someone posts is positive input , but it takes all sorts. I just watched the trailer for a new film coming late this year , damn cannot wait for its release now having seen some of whats due. :) .

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who knows what happened nintendo has come out with a new fw updates im sure that may have slowed down development , and like foez said fitting that into a flashcart may not be easy, they may have had to commission some special proprietary chips to get it to work and fit, which who knows how long that would take,and how do we know who this crown team even is? ever think it could be an alias and there an existing team? or members from a couple different existing teams who have teamed up together, like team twiizers+ extra members= fail overflow?
we dont know any of this ,

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
though from the board pics it does seem like an awful lot of larger capacitors and transistors , why do they need that huge bank of 12 capacitors and the other bank of 6 or 7 capicitors,?seems like an awful lot of components and large ones at that,

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
though from the board pics it does seem like an awful lot of larger capacitors and transistors , why do they need that huge bank of 12 capacitors and the other bank of 6 or 7 capicitors,?seems like an awful lot of components and large ones at that,
Because it's a developmental board that is meant to be used with prototyping lots of different types of things. That board was not specifically designed just for them to use with the sole purpose. They probably bought it premade from some company somewhere. There's probably thousands of those boards all over the world being used to prototype thousands of different things.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I think the amount of voltage regulators on that is the odd part, I mean, does the board really require that much power that it needs six voltage regulators? I highly doubt that. Speaking of power, there only appears to be two cables exiting the board, both appear to be black colored and regardless if it's real or not, that's just improper workmanship. Those two wires are also pretty low gauge so why the need for so many voltage regulators?

I'm not saying its fake but I almost guarantee that it is. They are staying to secretive to be true, they would be showing off more if it was true.

hergipotter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I think the amount of voltage regulators on that is the odd part, I mean, does the board really require that much power that it needs six voltage regulators? I highly doubt that. Speaking of power, there only appears to be two cables exiting the board, both appear to be black colored and regardless if it's real or not, that's just improper workmanship. Those two wires are also pretty low gauge so why the need for so many voltage regulators?

I'm not saying its fake but I almost guarantee that it is. They are staying to secretive to be true, they would be showing off more if it was true.
If these are really voltage regulators then they sure provide different supply voltages on this board, e.g. 12V, 5V, 3.3V etc. which is quite common for a prototyping board. But they don't need to be voltage regulators at all, could be any other IC in this kind of package...
But i think it's useless to discuss the board at all, it can be neither proof for it to be real nor to be fake.

Falsi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since they haven't updated the progress in awhile, I'm leaning more towards fake. You have to keep potential customers interested, no?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since they haven't updated the progress in awhile, I'm leaning more towards fake. You have to keep potential customers interested, no?
It could be that they've just been really busy. Though this is from an optimist's point of view... it could very well be a fake.

xmanfit0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to point out that there is a relatively recent notification on the Crown3DS site that explains why there has been a lack of progress:
"Currently we did encounter an unexpected issue during the testing period, anyway we are still working on it, hopefully will fix it very soon and keep you updated as well, thank again for your concern and continued support!​
Crown3DS.com is the sole official site, all others are not from us any more...

Crown3DS Team 2011-12.9"

I say just wait it out a while longer and see where this leads, fake or not.​

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say fake until I can hold the cart in my 3DS and play Tetris off of it, or read a review.

I mean just who are these Crown people? One would think that the seasoned cart makers such as M3 or R4, or the people who broke the DSi Mode barrier, Cyclo, would be the 1st ones to even hint about a 3DS cart in progress. My speculation is they might try and sell us blank, useless carts/clones, promise a later update to allow 3DS compatibility, and then just take the money and run.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to point out that there is a relatively recent notification on the Crown3DS site that explains why there has been a lack of progress:
"Currently we did encounter an unexpected issue during the testing period, anyway we are still working on it, hopefully will fix it very soon and keep you updated as well, thank again for your concern and continued support!​

Crown3DS.com is the sole official site, all others are not from us any more...

Crown3DS Team 2011-12.9"​

I say just wait it out a while longer and see where this leads, fake or not.
Relatively recent? This is more than a month old, and everyone has already seen it already.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I say fake until I can hold the cart in my 3DS and play Tetris off of it, or read a review.

I mean just who are these Crown people? One would think that the seasoned cart makers such as M3 or R4, or the people who broke the DSi Mode barrier, Cyclo, would be the 1st ones to even hint about a 3DS cart in progress. My speculation is they might try and sell us blank, useless carts/clones, promise a later update to allow 3DS compatibility, and then just take the money and run.
just because they are new it doesnt mean automaticly that something is fake or scam?
Do you say the same thing about new software devs?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I believe that they have in fact done something, but I have a few issues with them.
1. It is going to be ridiculously expensive
2. Even with SDXC how can it hold more than a few games
3. How are we going to select games
4. They only showed evidence of it working with one game

I bet their unexpected issue was an anti-piracy measure that was not in the splinter cell game but is in many other games. I still put faith that they at least got it working for splinter cell and they did not fake that.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Those questions are easy since there is no exploit which runs 3DS mode homebrew on the 3DS...

1. It will hold 1 game at a time in accordance to what this does (loading Splinter Cell on the 3DS home menu, not from a homebrew loader)...think of the first GBA carts...
2. You select the game by reflashing the cart by a USB port from a computer...think of the first GBA carts...
3. Crown3DS showed only a questionable video. If they wanted everyone to believe them they should have shown a video of running, for example, the Splinter Cell game and then reflashing the cart through a computer and loading a different game.

Their use of Engrish sort of makes me want to believe they are legit, since there is usually a lot of Engrish on flash cart websites, but they're not really showing judgable evidence whether or not it is either real or fake.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Those questions are easy since there is no exploit which runs 3DS mode homebrew on the 3DS...

1. It will hold 1 game at a time in accordance to what this does (loading Splinter Cell on the 3DS home menu, not from a homebrew loader)...think of the first GBA carts...
2. You select the game by reflashing the cart by a USB port from a computer...think of the first GBA carts...
3. Crown3DS showed only a questionable video. If they wanted everyone to believe them they should have shown a video of running, for example, the Splinter Cell game and then reflashing the cart through a computer and loading a different game.

Their use of Engrish sort of makes me want to believe they are legit, since there is usually a lot of Engrish on flash cart websites, but they're not really showing judgable evidence whether or not it is either real or fake.
I would use two buttons on the cart to cycle games (with only a limited number of games that will work)
or one that toogles between game and a ds-based selection menu
making the 3ds think the cart was removed might need some additional hardware but should not be to hard

Edwii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think the entire crown ds website was made by nintendo to make all the other hackers think somebody was gonna do all the work for them so that all the real hackers would just sit back and wait and there for nothing would ever happen.

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think the entire crown ds website was made by nintendo to make all the other hackers think somebody was gonna do all the work for them so that all the real hackers would just sit back and wait and there for nothing would ever happen.
Well Neimod is doing an effort with his RAM dumper.
I am also sure the Team Twiizers also are in the works,if I were you just be patient like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s