Hacking Crown3ds flashcard - Hacking your 3DS and playing 3DS games

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that the 3DS would get fatter, with such a replacement, should go without saying.

But really, it isn't even confirmed if the 3DS monitors the power draw and tbh I highly doubt it.

Even the 360 monitors fan voltage, hence why certain fan mods bricked 360s afaik.
it's gonan be one of the many alternative methods of console manufacturers to curb modding of their systems.
Yeah I doubt that. More likely that they drew too much power and a fuse blow.

you are correct. what dreasicca is referencing is the 12v fan mod where people cut the wire from the 360's case fan, and then spliced it into the 12v powerwire on the dvd drive. needless to say, this was a horrible idea and caused complications as a result (potentially resulting in physical damage).

what dreasicca was saying alluding to this being a security measure couldn't be further from the truth. if the point about ms monitoring voltage was true, complications would have still been present when people started using a 12v source on the motherboard that isn't tied into the dvd drive instead of the dvd wire.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have posted pics of the board to run the games
why dont acekard or supercard try to reverse engineer what crown team have done

>__>

They can't reverse engineer it because it hasn't been released. Also they posted pictures of running ONE game. At least they could have shown it can be reflashed which would add a lot to its credibility. From what I hear with a little trial and error anyone can change the PCB on a cartridge and solder some wires connected to a possibly fake FPGA board.

In fact, a guy posted a video of the speculation (making fun of) crown3ds being fake here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqwi8COWj38

I can imagine it's possible to make a 1:1 backup cart, but it's hard to believe (as others said) a brand new team with no public history or background could do it so easily and quickly. Also, if it really was a 1:1 backup cart then it should be 100% compatible (except of course using different region games due to the region lock).

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
Funny thing that came to my mind... If they are in fact progressing in creating a flash cart for the 3DS, they wouldn't really care whether you believe them or not. They would know that when it finally comes out it wouldn't really matter what all of you have thought about it up to then. But of course they at least had to show something when they said they were working on the flash cart or it would seem like total bullshit and it wouldn't get any attention at all.

afterburn999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Funny thing that came to my mind... If they are in fact progressing in creating a flash cart for the 3DS, they wouldn't really care whether you believe them or not. They would know that when it finally comes out it wouldn't really matter what all of you have thought about it up to then. But of course they at least had to show something when they said they were working on the flash cart or it would seem like total bullshit and it wouldn't get any attention at all.

Its almost a guarantee that teams like Supercard and Acekard are working on a 3ds flash cart but they are keeping it quiet until they actually have something substantial. This crown3ds team just put this up to push some preorders and make some cash.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its almost a guarantee that teams like Supercard and Acekard are working on a 3ds flash cart but they are keeping it quiet until they actually have something substantial. This scam team just put this up to push some preorders and make some cash.
Fixed for ya.

Reactions: 1 person

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What you need to make a 3DS flashcart:

azc7bgpcqaa3rns.jpg

1) Some colored cables;
2) A colored mainboard (better from 1998);
2) Your sister's notebook;
3) VGA cables (very important);
4) A total mess on your desk.

Put some glue on the colored cables and stick them to the 3DS then remember to throw everything else on your keyboard and you're done.

Reactions: 2 people

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

azc7bgpcqaa3rns.jpg

1) Some colored cables;
2) Your sister's notebook;
3) VGA cables (very important);
4) A total mess on your desk.
5) Randomly selected times. (more important than anything)

Put some glue on the colored cables and stick them to the 3DS then remember to throw everything else on your keyboard and you're done.

Fix'd.

Reactions: 2 people

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know people said that about the ps3 tb dongle too when they only released 1 not so convincing video

the psjb dongle came out a matter of weeks after it's initial announcement. it was essentially complete when the team announced it. this on the other hand has been ongoing for months

psjb also had a reputable modshop that has been around since the xbox1 days taking preorders and posting on psx-scene saying it was legit. they also sent samples out to respected members in the ps3 community

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country

azc7bgpcqaa3rns.jpg

1) Some colored cables;
3) Your sister's notebook;
4) VGA cables (very important);
5) A total mess on your desk.
6) Randomly selected times. (more important than anything)

Fix'd.

Further Fix'd

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

azc7bgpcqaa3rns.jpg

1) Some colored cables;

Additionally: Throw together a quick website. Get the website URL circulating on a forum full of gullibles. Kick back and chuckle as it all unfolds.

Fix'd.

Further Fix'd

Moar fixing. MOAR!

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States

azc7bgpcqaa3rns.jpg

1) Some colored cables;

Additionally: Throw together a quick website. Get the website URL circulating on a forum full of gullibles. Kick back and chuckle as it all unfolds.

Fix'd.

Further Fix'd

Moar fixing. MOAR!
You people have no clue. What they have done is real, but it is going to be a bitch for it to all fit in a flashcart.

But just so you all know, that is not a VGA cable, that is a serial cable. The board that they have there is a development board... you know, the things REAL researchers and reverse engineers use to understand, develop, and bug test hardware.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people have no clue. What they have done is real, but it is going to be a bitch for it to all fit in a flashcart.
How do you KNOW all of this is real?

But just so you all know, that is not a VGA cable, that is a serial cable. The board that they have there is a development board... you know, the things REAL researchers and reverse engineers use to understand, develop, and bug test hardware.
He's right, this isn't a VGA cable. On the off-chance that this is real, there'd be no point of putting a VGA cable in the picture (except for lols).

sero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you KNOW all of this is real?

He's right, this isn't a VGA cable. On the off-chance that this is real, there'd be no point of putting a VGA cable in the picture (except for lols).
This is actually one of the few things that make me really believe this might be real. Notice that he has two serial cables, both of them male. He went through the trouble to go out and buy a female-female end to allow him to connect the two cables allowing the cable to reach far enough to where he is working.

Not much point spending money on extra hardware when he could just have the end of the cable trailing off into nowhere for a fake test.

He could of course be using the board for other development--I've used several of these back in college when building basic low-level programs to interface with various hardware.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Deadlyfoez - Coming late to this topic and calling us all idiots is not a way to endear yourself. Unless you've used it yourself, Its even more idiotic to claim its real soley based on a picture of a bunch of jumbled random cables. If I wanted to waste the time, I could make something just as "convincing" that did nothing.

Suffice it to say, its been many months and absolutely nothing has happened. That doesn't bode well for truthfulness.

Edit @sero - or he just had the parts lying around anyways, I'm sure a lot of us have random parts collections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Sup nerds