ROM Hack Cross Treasures Branch Translation

shackol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a problem too but not the same as you experienced the problem that I tackle is about the names of the character and location changes into a binary number or something. Can anyone know how to fix this problem?

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zarcon said:
Since takashio is absent and I've been translating a good chunk of this on my own I figured I might as well start a new topic so I can more easily post updates.
This is built off of the progress of the other patch so it includes the item name translations and such from it.

What else is done in this patch:
-Location names: 100% (There's one or two things left in roumaji/romanji, but at least it's readable.)
-Equipment bonus effects: 100%
-Achievement medals: 100%
-Misc common text: ??? (I refer to common text as things you often see such as talking to Yousei to swap out dungeons or forging and class changing. I think I've gotten most of them other than the dungeon entrance skill changer.)
-Menu images: Barely anything, haha. If anyone knows how to read NCG/NCL files (Not NCGR/NCLR) then do tell.

Screenshots:
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg

07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg

10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
Current Release:
13.jpg

Version 01a
This is mostly a bunch of fixes to typos and bugs.
I also translated a few more lines of Atone and Yousei along with the "Item Obtained" text (located in the arm9.bin file again. >.>)
Like, two image translations are included as a side effect of this release.

Previous Releases:
Version 01
Initial release. Mechanics-wise the game is fully playable without any annoyances. You can look up what items you need, where they drop, and what all the bonuses do.

OMG!!!!!!!!! WITH TRANSLATED IMAGES THIS GAME WILL BE PERFECT 100% TRANSLATED ANYONE PLEASE MAKE THIS!!!

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pablo3DS said:
OMG!!!!!!!!! WITH TRANSLATED IMAGES THIS GAME WILL BE PERFECT 100% TRANSLATED ANYONE PLEASE MAKE THIS!!!
Um, yes. That's the idea of this thread.

Translations take time, though, especially since they aren't being paid and therefore have to handle work / school / real life / whatever first.

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A nice RPG , thanslated but not 100%, the grafics need be translated please... man, why not to ask for help for this project ? When this game come to be translated perfectly will be a sucess for download, ah, and make a explanation more understandable and provide all links to me the patch! I know you can do this!

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pablo, listen man,
Translating text is one thing. A tool can be developed for replacing original text with translated text. That's not incredibly difficult (from what I've been told).
But to translate the entire game is quite time consuming; particularly for volunteers who give their time and effort to make these games playable.
What you're proposing is a whole new can of worms which in most cases isn't necessary to understand most aspects of the game.
By the time all of the text is translated, most translators have other things to get to, and are probably sick of dealing with one particular game.
So take what you get and be happy with it.
Don't stand on the shoulders of giants and complain about how cloudy it is.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I don't know what up with the project but I just took a quick look at the game and it seems easy to hack/translate.
Anyway I focused on the graphics that seemed to be the problem here
Those files are not standard but only in the header so edit that (basically only needed for the nsc files) and the rest get right from alone

In the last image there is maybe a wrong tile, I didn't use the nscr but completed the bottom line by hand.

If somebody want to work on the graphics, I can show him how to do it.
Note that I don't have intention of do this translation and I am not a member of this group either.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It's looking like the first graphics I opened was a lucky take.
I don't know if you already edited those monster names, if you want, i will send you how to edit them first.
For the other graphics....I am getting there :P

UPDATE:
I got it but how will they react when edited??
I had to rip the NSC apart to view this pics.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
ncl files for sure are palette and they start at offset 32. CT2 or tinke can load from offset just fine.

ncg all seem to start at offset 72.

Hope you figure out the nsc files. Could you pst what you figure out please?
On the plus side if a plug in was made for this, work on Elminage could start (similar files).

Goveynetcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey I can't make a lot of promises, but a lot of these graphics seem to be really simple stuff. I mean you can probably get most of it via google translate, but if you can manage to get like screenshots or something of all them, I can try to tackle translating a bit. Most of this is just katakana, which makes it incredibly incredibly easy. Although my skills are very basic, which is why menu stuff is pretty much the most I can do.

So PM me if you're interested, and I'll try to do as much as I can, this game looks pretty interesting :).

EDIT: Ok, so as an example I translated the progress screenshot.
translated.png

For the X,Y,A,B menu I edited the original picture so that it didn't look like I had erased the picture behind, but I got kind of lazy so I just finished the latter half sorta sloppily.

And here's a text version:
スキル1
Skill 1

バトル
Battle

スキル2
Skill 2

ライフ
ドリンコ
X
Life Drink

マジック
ドリンコ
Y
Magic Drink

アタック
A
Attack

パワースタンプ
B
Power Stamp (?)

Startメニユー
Menu

I'm not sure on Power Stamp because I have never played the game and it sounds kind of odd. I would think it might be like a power smash but that's that what the text literally comes out too.

I'll have to try this game soon though.

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, it's great to see some more progress being made on this game. It looks really good and it'd be great to have it fully translated! Thanks!

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@rastsan:
if you figured out so much, you can figure out the NSC too.
They are basically NSCR with extra info that not really matters because probably they will not change the tile map anyway.
I have send PM to the head of this project about the graphics, if you are interested, i can send you a copy to you too but I am sorry but I not use Tinke and I don't have programming skills so no plugin.
Believe me when I say that there are many standard format graphics in this game that are not translated and those graphics are more important than those inside this "strange" format.

@Goveynetcom:
the problem is not the translation but the format of those graphics.
A translation is useless if you can't insert it into the game.

Goveynetcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Goveynetcom:
the problem is not the translation but the format of those graphics.
A translation is useless if you can't insert it into the game.
Yes, I see that now. I was quick to the post because I was like "wow I can actually translate a bit of that stuff". I glanced pass the post, it sounded like things were being figured out so I thought might as well post some translation stuff. :P proving I need to read everything more carefully.

I think as I play I'm just gonna make notes of stuff that I can translate and provide that if someone manages to solve the graphic issues.And good luck to anyone if they can manage to work the rest and/or plan to help with the rest.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Not what I meant Auryn, and I am pretty sure you knew that. Post as in when you take the files apart...
"heres the file structure so hopefully more can be done..." that type of thing. like what the extra info is...

did you mean when you said by hand that you were using the tile composition tool from CT2? or did you mean something else?

kidan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how the New Game/Continue/options menu choice images were added? I can actually get images in via Tinke, but importing images seems to lose color data - exporting and re-importing the same image causes the colors to get washed out - for example, YES/NO prompts go from PINK/BLUE to Light Gray/Dark Gray. Any ideas?

Also, would anybody happen to have saved the files for editing item or equipment dats? Mediafire seems to have wiped them, and the in-game item table is totally screwed up.

The biggest issue is that HrculesBeetl has "===== Item 1 =====" as part of its description, which I assume is a broken end tag for Hercules Beetle, which causes the next item in the game files to be completely wiped out, shifting all the other items up one in the table, which is a problem when most of the game refers to the item by its ID number. This causes crafting to require the "wrong item" (V-Ticket is instead named V-Ticket SP, though it's still really V-Ticket), and quest NPCs to request the wrong item (Yaktanon asks for a Huge Iron instead of the proper item).

A short example list.. SecretTicket becomes Buddy Ticket. V Ticket becomes V Ticket SP. V Ticket SP becomes J Ticket. Member Card becomes Magic Ribbon. Present Box becomes Santa Outfit. Small Cog becomes Magic Cog. Magic Cog becomes Hell Cog. Hell Cog becomes OriginOfTime. Green Slate becomes Emoticon. Magic Bottle becomes Fresh Milk. 100GB CPU becomes 100TB Memory.

Also, Belial Claw somehow had its description duplicated when its new one was created - its ingame description is "Giant rock-crushing claw. / It burns blazing red.", but the next item, Bone Needle, has the description "いわをも くだく おおきな ツメ / まっかに もえさかっている", which is Belial Claw's japanese description. Every other item has its description screwed up accordingly, the most obvious one being the "Orz" in the Login Code description (rather than the Orz item right above it in the list).

"Half-Cooked Shroo" also exceeds the 16-character limit and/or is missing a 00 delimiter, causing its description to append onto the name, creating graphical glitches/box overflow problems and crashing the game if you attempt to pickle it.

Adding the missing item after HrculesBeetl with a hex editor (コーカサスカブト) fixes a large amount of the Crafting material name problems. Potentially all problems, though my item list still says Yaktanon wanted a Huge Iron, which might point to ANOTHER missing item somewhere.. or it could just have saved the item name that he asked for and not updated it.
Edit: Nope, now it's just inconsistently broken. Fixed in Crafting menu, broken everywhere else. Picked up V-Ticket SP via Secret Spell (yes, it's the VTSP code), "you get J Tickets!" Check my mailbox. "You found J Tickets!" Check my inventory. "J Ticket x4!" Go check the recipe for V Sword SP. "Requirements: V-Ticket SP. Owned: 4." Check the recipe for items that require J Ticket, "you have 0 J Tickets". I have no idea. Item list is broken as hell.

But first, here we go - Visual Studio 2008 source code and Release exe's.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jdxnftjezqz

ex_item_param:

Extracts item_param.dat data - use ex_item_param [filename] to extract all values of item_param.dat (in the same folder as the .exe).
Insert data in item_param.dat - use ex_item_param without any parameter to insert values from item_param.txt into item_param.dat

ex_weapon_param:
Extracts weapon_param.dat data - use ex_weapon_param [filename] to extract all values of weapon_param.dat (in the same folder as the .exe).
Insert data in weapon_param.dat - use ex_weapon_param without any parameter to insert values from weapon_param.txt into weapon_param.dat

doku_tool extracts the text files into wiki format and vice versa, so it isn't very usefull right now.

EDIT: Here is a pack with all the text content of the wiki. http://www.mediafire.com/?54z24wdmwj4

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know, it's been a while since the last post, but I just found this thread, looked at screenshots of the game and got really interested, so... Anyway, how's it going, Zarcon?

icepoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, is anyone still interested in translating this. I am so interested on this game although I can't help much with the translation stuff, I'm rooting for you guys!!!

Edit:

Hey, maybe I can help, I was actually talking to one of my asian friends and he can help me with the translation thingy although I would need like a spreadsheet for stuff that needs to be translated. So you can just message me and I can try to have him a go with the translation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse