Hacking Creating a North American, non-XL New 3DS

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question:

Are system transfers possible with this?

I've got my original 3DS, a JPN 9.2 N3DS, and a donor original 3DS on 7.1

YifanLu was able to break things enough that their NNID went onto their New console, but I don't believe a straight System Transfer will be cooperative.

vingt-2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a quick question:

Are system transfers possible with this?

I've got my original 3DS, a JPN 9.2 N3DS, and a donor original 3DS on 7.1
The system transfer process involves a reboot and straight connection to the eshop. From what I grasped of the method they use, you still need some patches before actually login into your NNID so... I'd say no.

http://yifan.lu/

vingt-2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so... All my games are physical and I have another system for eshop and other treats alike. All I want is to be able to log into the eShop and download some damn updates for my games :P. Im not sure I remember correctly, but just to grab updates, do you still need a linked NNID ?

vingt-2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have an old nintendo 3ds with firmware 9.6 is it still possible?
What exactly do you want to do ? Change your 9.6 O3DS's region ? well anyway having a O3DS in 9.6 is like having nothing in that case. You won't be able to run any exploit on this thing.

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Grape success! Just thought I'd check in on here now that I've finally taken the time to do this, and I successfully got my emunand region changed from a 9.1.0-20J to 9.5.0-23U and everything thus far appears to be working (with the exception of eshop, since as I've mentioned previously, the eshop doesn't interest me, so I've not even tried it out) even the keyboard and amiibo settings (though I don't have any actual amiibo to try it with).
The success I had came with following these steps all way through (though only sticking to initial removal of the 3 system apps mentioned in the early steps, and including updating to 9.4.0 with Xenoblade and then 9.5.0 using files from 3dnus), then using these amended steps with the CSV for updatecdn found in this post with a slight change in that I did the steps 1, 2, 4, then 3 and skipped doing the 9.5 update again (since I already have the relevant files) and formatted emunand to clean up, and bam, everything was working perfectly fine.

I did keep up with most of the thread, though I admit that I missed a few pages the past week or two due to life being a bit hectic, so I'm not sure if people have already figured out the success I've had or not, but if not, this is how I got through all the bugs reported up to where I was keeping up, and if so, then I add my testimony to the fact that it can all be made to work.

Reactions: Obi123

vwf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
I read the whole thread, still have question: has someone changed sysnand region from JP to EU with Wowfunhappy's guide and have no bugs except eshop access? I don't want to sound arrogant, but maybe someone will write complete guide with all the data that spread across the thread? That would be great, i would even donate to that person if it was possible.

Scarftail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the whole thread, still have question: has someone changed sysnand region from JP to EU with Wowfunhappy's guide and have no bugs except eshop access? I don't want to sound arrogant, but maybe someone will write complete guide with all the data that spread across the thread? That would be great, i would even donate to that person if it was possible.

The guide is in the first post.

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has someone changed sysnand region from JP to EU with Wowfunhappy's guide and have no bugs except eshop access?

Should be the same as my guide, except you'll need an EU donor system. I don't know of anyone specifically who has done it, however.

Edit: I take that back, there's a couple of things you'd need to do differently. You'd need to make sure to install EU rather than US titles, for instance. Definitely don't follow the guide as-written with an EU donor, as it would brick your system.

Reactions: vwf

vwf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Should be the same as my guide, except you'll need an EU donor system. I don't know of anyone specifically who has done it, however.

Edit: I take that back, there's a couple of things you'd need to do differently. You'd need to make sure to install EU rather than US titles, for instance. Definitely don't follow the guide as-written with an EU donor, as it would brick your system.

Well then, i hope sooner or later someone will write similar guide for creating the EU console.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well then, i hope sooner or later someone will write similar guide for creating the EU console.

it's virtually the same, no need to make a different guide for the 30 different combinations. (right? 6 regions, that gives 30, 6*5, i think)

vwf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Is there any software difference between xl and non xl new 3ds's? In other words, is it possible to change new 3ds xl region using this guide?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr