Hacking Crash WiiU via browser. Exploitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amibu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wasn't this tested earlier? The Browser is crashing, but then the Vita simply goes back to the Menu.

lionsfan420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I gather from this thread is, 1: This is basically the same as the webkit exploit?
2: The only difference is an entry option?

I have a good feeling about all this. a system crash that can be called on demand, and reproduced is a damn great start imho...
This is getting fun! btw, on 5.1.2 here and and I get the same crash results. This is awesome news! Everybody keep up the good work!

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I gather from this thread is, 1: This is basically the same as the webkit exploit?

I have a good feeling about all this. a system crash that can be called on demand, and reproduced is a damn great start imho...
This is getting fun! btw, on 5.1.2 here and and I get the same crash results. This is awesome news! Everybody keep up the good work!

Basically every userspace exploit for now is gonna be through the browser. It's just /so easy/ to exploit.
It's nothing like the previous exploit, however, and might not even be exploitable. Nobody's really looking into it from a technical standpoint b/c everyone who could (me included) is either busy with kernel exploit development or life. At least as far as I know?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically every userspace exploit for now is gonna be through the browser. It's just /so easy/ to exploit.
It's nothing like the previous exploit, however, and might not even be exploitable. Nobody's really looking into it from a technical standpoint b/c everyone who could (me included) is either busy with kernel exploit development or life. At least as far as I know?

I'm incredibly excited to see what comes of this. I've got a good feeling about it.

Reactions: ChrisX930

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP

member for 6 rs and this is your first post... no issue just saiyin .. hello there.

lionsfan420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
member for 6 rs and this is your first post... no issue just saiyin .. hello there.

I just woke up, last thing I remember we were having some beers and hittin' the bubbler installing free mcboot.....
Hell! I even live in Washington State now! smh

I've been active on other sites. (not gonna name them) But I'm more of a sit back n gather info kinda guy.

BTW; see ya in 2020!

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just woke up, last thing I remember we were having some beers and hittin' the bubbler installing free mcboot.....
Hell! I even live in Washington State now! smh

I've been active on other sites. (not gonna name them) But I'm more of a sit back n gather info kinda guy.

BTW; see ya in 2020!

Based on this one post, I appreciate you as a person.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, very interesting. But im here to create the conspiracy teories...
This pointing to work with last firmware can make the people update your consoles. But is really need to update? Since is not secure if it will really be useful, the point is to let clear to people dont update.
If it is open for this reason, to make people update and lost webkit exploit, is a great strategy.
Well, you experts know better than me, please set a advice to people following this thread. Better update? Better dont update? I really want to be wrong, but i´m paranoic.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, very interesting. But im here to create the conspiracy teories...
This pointing to work with last firmware can make the people update your consoles. But is really need to update? Since is not secure if it will really be useful, the point is to let clear to people dont update.
If it is open for this reason, to make people update and lost webkit exploit, is a great strategy.
Well, you experts know better than me, please set a advice to people following this thread. Better update? Better dont update? I really want to be wrong, but i´m paranoic.

We're not going to be releasing anything until it works on the newest system software versions. The current exploit (and staying on 5.1.0) is only useful for exploit developers.

unvaluablespace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're not going to be releasing anything until it works on the newest system software versions. The current exploit (and staying on 5.1.0) is only useful for exploit developers.
Sorry, could you clarify? im not understanding this statement. are you saying that your not going to release anything as in a new exploit until it works on latest firmware? or do you mean other stuff as in any sort of actual hacks, mods, etc (such as a wii u homebrew channel or whatever)?

I ask this because im currently on firmware 5.1.0, holding off on the update for the webkit exploit so I can do whatever sort of hacks or mods on my wii u that may come out, but if anyone creates anything, and wont be released until a working exploit on latest firmware, then I might as well update until then...

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the future, potential exploits shouldn't be shared with the public. PM the details to a trustworthy hacker like Marionumber1. Exploits should be stockpiled outside of the eyes of public (Nintendo will patch it) until a team is ready to release something to devs.

Reactions: Marionumber1

ChrisX930

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In the future, potential exploits shouldn't be shared with the public. PM the details to a trustworthy hacker like Marionumber1. Exploits should be stockpiled outside of the eyes of public (Nintendo will patch it) until a team is ready to release something to devs.

Yea, I know.
The work on the exploit went to a private "space", so nothing will named here or otherwhere till a working exploit is done.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if this gets patched before people even really looked into it.

Etkar.H

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I'm still on 5.1.0. If nothing comes out of this before Smash Bros Wii U then I'll have to update...
Hopefully SOMETHING comes out of either this or the 5.1.0 exploit.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 5.1.0. If nothing comes out of this before Smash Bros Wii U then I'll have to update...
Hopefully SOMETHING comes out of either this or the 5.1.0 exploit.
Kernel exploit dev is a thing that's happening, also.

robcrazee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kernel exploit dev is a thing that's happening, also.

Ok i have sat on my hands long enough in many scenes but i feel that something should be shared here now about what exactly is being worked on (Sorry just keep it simple so not to invite nintendo to patch it). I understand coding and have been a doing it for many years and understand that this exploit coupled with coding to the wii / windows mashup type architecture takes time but someone must have got even a "hello world" to work within the Wii U architecture

Otherwise this is "failoverflow / 4 horsemen / (Insert drama here)" all over again. I respect all the people who are working on this but there is only so long this all can go on for. Now chadders/mrbean have an kernel exploit are they actually going to share it with the current developers??? or just have his moment in the sun with exploits for one game?

Im not after HAX or backups just being able to play emulators and have fun user created homebrew (Much like with the PSP scene back in the day)

Im not trying to start any trouble / flames at all just would like to know how far we actually are along to running our own code

Reactions: Goku Junior

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i have sat on my hands long enough in many scenes but i feel that something should be shared here now about what exactly is being worked on (Sorry just keep it simple so not to invite nintendo to patch it). I understand coding and have been a doing it for many years and understand that this exploit coupled with coding to the wii / windows mashup type architecture takes time but someone must have got even a "hello world" to work within the Wii U architecture

Otherwise this is "failoverflow / 4 horsemen / (Insert drama here)" all over again. I respect all the people who are working on this but there is only so long this all can go on for. Now chadders/mrbean have an kernel exploit are they actually going to share it with the current developers??? or just have his moment in the sun with exploits for one game?

Im not after HAX or backups just being able to play emulators and have fun user created homebrew (Much like with the PSP scene back in the day)

Im not trying to start any trouble / flames at all just would like to know how far we actually are along to running our own code

I agree. How far in are we? Is it exploitable? I'd rather not stick to offline if I don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.