Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy will be on PS4 first, NOT neccessarily an exclusive title

According to a tweet by Playstation Ireland earlier today, it was reiterated that the Crash Bandicoot remasters will launch on the PS4 and PS4 Pro on June 30th, 2017. However, they also clarified that it was just being released for those consoles first. This heavily implies that the trilogy won't be exclusive to Sony as many of us previously thought.

upload_2017-2-22_9-18-37.png

It should be noted that neither Sony nor Naughty Dog are developing or publishing Crash Bandicoot anymore. The remastered game is being developed by Vicarious Visions and published by Activision. As far as the general public knows, there are no legal restrictions barring them from releasing the game on multiple platforms.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

Last edited by Ericzander,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I...but...they...PlayStation Ireland said they were PS exclusives. Now they went back on that? Okay then. I suppose since Sony and Naughty Dog have no ownership of the IP, then it makes sense for it to come to other platforms. I wonder if we'll get a switch port.
Yup, they posted the exclusivity tweet but then quickly deleted it. A lot more money to be made by going multiplat. I'd be surprised if this didn't come to Switch and XB1.

Reactions: Chary
D

Deleted User

Oh man can't wait for PC people to now be sucking up and making petitions for "Crash PC".

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Considering Crash has been multiplat for about 15 years, I'm not terribly surprised. I do hope that Activision will be arsed to bring it to Switch though. 2017's already shaping up to be the best year for Nintendo owners this past decade. OG Crash Bandicoot would enhance it further.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No it'll be a ps exclusive. It's just one word on a tweet by a dude va actual word

Actually I believe it was a correction to a previous tweet where they stated it was exclusive, and then deleted it and changed the wording to "first".
So yeah it's a bit more towards it probably not being exclusive.

Given Sony likely doesn't have exclusive rights to the series anymore it's not really that surprising if Activsion spreads it farther. More platforms = more money. Simple math.

LogicIsHansom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno why, recently i tried playing the crash games, and i don't seem to like it as much, i even had crash 3 warped for my birthday when, now i play it and just seem like "Wow, what a tedious game, collect the crystals, get all boxes to get gems, complete time trials for relecs." All for 100%

I also hope this one has better controls for 3D cause it was hard to control him, he would slip and slide everywhere and instead of just turning straight around, 180 he would walk in a circle to turn around, and the stages, like the water, and flying plane and coco. :nayps3:

The gba isn't any better, playing mini games for bonus completion as well. Seem like a rip off based on banjo-kazooie. :hateit:
Try Twinsanity.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt is fair to compare crash bandicoot to sonic adventure. Besides, sonic adventure has 2 players, and is fun. Sure collection emblems is a tedious task, but least is rewarding..... (Except they are all score based and people play sonic games for speed and platforming, not high scores, nice problem sega.:glare: )

Why do people play crash games? I dunno, my guess is the platforming aspect, for story, isn't very exciting. (Neither is sonic) But least gameplay is alright, the objectives i cannot agree with, it kinda reminds me of rayman, but that game is a lot harder to finish.:unsure:

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I doubt is fair to compare crash bandicoot to sonic adventure. Besides, sonic adventure has 2 players, and is fun. Sure collection emblems is a tedious task, but least is rewarding..... (Except they are all score based and people play sonic games for speed and platforming, not high scores, nice problem sega.:glare: )

Why do people play crash games? I dunno, my guess is the platforming aspect, for story, isn't very exciting. (Neither is sonic) But least gameplay is alright, the objectives i cannot agree with, it kinda reminds me of rayman, but that game is a lot harder to finish.:unsure:
I'm a little confused. I don't see how collecting the emblems in SA/SA2 is somehow more rewarding than collecting the crystals, smashing all boxes, or completing time trials in Crash. They're both side objectives for completionists (like myself) but I don't see how one is more rewarding than the other as neither give any in-game benefits.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little confused. I don't see how collecting the emblems in SA/SA2 is somehow more rewarding than collecting the crystals, smashing all boxes, or completing time trials in Crash. They're both side objectives for completionists (like myself) but I don't see how one is more rewarding than the other as neither give any in-game benefits.
In sonic adventure 2 you can unlock green hill zone. In crash, you get nothing for 100%

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't believe what Playstation ireland tweet, since it's not the first time they tweeted something stupid.

Yes Activision owns the rights to Crash, but Sony still owns some rights to the first 3 games, which is what this remake is based on.

Plus, at E3 2016, they did say that they were working with their partners at Activision to bring this. Which means they're involved directly, which means it's exclusive.

Last edited by Giga_Gaia,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it'll be a ps exclusive. It's just one word on a tweet by a dude va actual word
Its how MS should have worded things.

I mean they released a statement saying it has the best exclusives and then mentioned Rise of the Tomb Raider..... followed with Timed Exclusive.... so erm MS its not exclusive then is it LOLz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...