Homebrew CQuake/DSQuake/QuakeDS 1 & 2 / Mods?

James_Wulfe

OP
Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
Was also curious if anyone has "hacked" or ran mods using any of the Quake ports for the DS, if so post your success, or failures here.

Successful Mods i have ran include the Reaper Bots, and the Omicron Bots, post here if you have any that you like or if you have any questions on the subject.

LINKS TO YOUR MODS APPRECIATED =D

PS: my favorite Quake port so far is CQuake, which separates its multi-player and Single player in to two apps, and is very stable compared to the other ports. and i also am not including Q1DS from maxconsole as it is an unfinished project still, and i am really only interested in ones that are completed.

James_Wulfe

OP
Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
Just played through a little bit of Shrak, cant say it is one of the best mods i have ever seen, but well worth the look for some of the interesting features it has, and as soon as i get my 3in1 im going to play that TF mod, just wished i could find Malice though as it looks as if the developers are gone and dead and no one seems to have a copy of it anywhere ;p

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the original quake very good? Sadly, I've only played the new one.

EDIT: do you have to have wifi to run it? Because I don't have an AP D:
EDIT: DAMN! meant team fortress

Seaniam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeh, i reckon Quake (original) was great! Its an all time favourite for me, definitely give it a go!

In comparison to most FPS titles nowadays it aint that pretty..BUT it's still damn good for what it is! The added bonus is the Nine Inch Nails soundtrack which gave it a great atmosphere!

Dsmanic!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I couldnt get Malice to load. Do i need a edited pack cos it plays ok on the computer but it has a long video intro which i thought the ds couldnt play.

James_Wulfe

OP
Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick bump to bring life back to this subject again.

that link for team fortress dont seem to work anymore so if anyone can link me to a mirror or another copy of TF that works or a link to some info on how to set it up myself.

also here is a link to reaper bot and zeus bot both working perfectly on QuakeDS, got my ds lite and phat to connect to each other and loaded 4 bots on the lite for some mad death-match fun.

http://easttown.co.uk/quake/index.php

the instructions in each zip are enough to get you started on either but if you use more then one mod i recommend your opts file have only the line "-listgame" so that you may choose which mod you want to run on load.

there is also info on mission packs and a map as well =D

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is a short list of mods working fine with QuakeDS exram :

Abyss
After The Fall
Borg
Deaths Dominion
Fortress
Hipnotic
Insomnia* (playable but very slow)
Malice
Operation Urth Majik* (playable but slow)
Painkeep
Doom (YPOD)
QuadSquad
Arena
Raptor Beast's Part
Raptor Hunter's Part
Rogue
Scourge Of Armagon
Soul Of Evil
Shrak
Twisted Christmas* (playable but very slow)
X-Men

Mods runs with gfx troubles (textures problems or wrong size)

Alien
Kurok
Counter Strike
Navy Seals
Tack
Swat Team

Last edited by Indy13,

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was also curious if anyone has "hacked" or ran mods using any of the Quake ports for the DS, if so post your success, or failures here.

Successful Mods i have ran include the Reaper Bots, and the Omicron Bots, post here if you have any that you like or if you have any questions on the subject.

LINKS TO YOUR MODS APPRECIATED =D

PS: my favorite Quake port so far is CQuake, which separates its multi-player and Single player in to two apps, and is very stable compared to the other ports. and i also am not including Q1DS from maxconsole as it is an unfinished project still, and i am really only interested in ones that are completed.
There is also a third version of cquake that supports mutiplayer without an access port cnquake - https://code.google.com/archive/p/cquake/downloads
And a dsi version of quake2 - https://code.google.com/archive/p/quake2dsi/downloads

Reactions: emuashui and Indy13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.