Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question for us dummies - what is the crc? is it in the header of a rom? how will this work with zipped roms?

edit - googled it - crc are a type of checksum and therefore each game will have a unique checksum. so wiiflow will need something to generate a crc from a rom and compare it to the one on your database right? but what if I have a rom that's been modified, it's crc won't match up right?

My guess is Fix94 is probably already on top of it. :)

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how the heck do i get movie covers. i have tons of them (i have all 400+ movies of mine on hard drive). i've tried plenty of combo's from "cover, covers, and images" to name folder. in mplayerce.. never show. i went from 90x90( yes the size of icons, just to show up). to 124x164...ect not going over the 1090x.... can't get nothing..
@mastershoes. digging the youtube video, sweet cover flow.. if i was into emulators i would deff, give it a go.(might as soon as i get mplayer straiten out)

Look at your mplayerce.ini file in the plugins folder to see what folder is designated as the cover folder. You can change it to your liking. :)

Than, make sure you're files are named the same as the movie with the extension (.avi, .mp4, etc.) included.
mine just say's cover../ mplayerce.. an this is were i'm making the "cover folder" an it still will not show up. i've had one cover i'm playing with. 2012.. an have it just that "2012 .divx" an have it in five different sizes an it will not show. so i will make on on the root of sd i guess an see if i can get the to load off that.
thanks for the help.
Bro you need to have it named 2012.divx.png

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how the heck do i get movie covers. i have tons of them (i have all 400+ movies of mine on hard drive). i've tried plenty of combo's from "cover, covers, and images" to name folder. in mplayerce.. never show. i went from 90x90( yes the size of icons, just to show up). to 124x164...ect not going over the 1090x.... can't get nothing..
@mastershoes. digging the youtube video, sweet cover flow.. if i was into emulators i would deff, give it a go.(might as soon as i get mplayer straiten out)

Look at your mplayerce.ini file in the plugins folder to see what folder is designated as the cover folder. You can change it to your liking. :)

Than, make sure you're files are named the same as the movie with the extension (.avi, .mp4, etc.) included.
mine just say's cover../ mplayerce.. an this is were i'm making the "cover folder" an it still will not show up. i've had one cover i'm playing with. 2012.. an have it just that "2012 .divx" an have it in five different sizes an it will not show. so i will make on on the root of sd i guess an see if i can get the to load off that.
thanks for the help.
Bro you need to have it named 2012.divx.png
that seems kinda redundant, seeing how all the covers are all ready .png file extension. but it is what it is. an it's still a no go for me. even after putting .png at the end. an using one of mastershoes and one of my covers to get it to show. even on my son's cars2 movie.( yes i know what file exstension my movies are, so they are named the correct way. ) just will not show up.. though it should be as easy as adding a game cover.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question for us dummies - what is the crc? is it in the header of a rom? how will this work with zipped roms?

edit - googled it - crc are a type of checksum and therefore each game will have a unique checksum. so wiiflow will need something to generate a crc from a rom and compare it to the one on your database right? but what if I have a rom that's been modified, it's crc won't match up right?

My guess is Fix94 is probably already on top of it. :)

fix should have been on top of it a few weeks ago :P we'll see

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, seeing that i downloaded all of these emulator covers the one thing in common, they all have a folder with an arrow. that is just a ".png" then all the covers with the names. of the games..
is this how the covers for the movies are to be set up. with the same folder, with the arrow. i'm at wits end with trying to get these covers to show up. no matter how i name the png no matter what extension, or were i put the line to point they are a no show. i know it doesn't matter that all my movies are in a folder that is named "movies" cause they still show up/play. an if i need to point the covers to that folder, then were an how. if some one could write me a ini for the plug in then great.( pointing to were the stuff needs to go.(covers pointing in right direction that is. the rest i got, all my covers are black, i have sub folders loading. just not covers.)

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, seeing that i downloaded all of these emulator covers the one thing in common, they all have a folder with an arrow. that is just a ".png" then all the covers with the names. of the games..
is this how the covers for the movies are to be set up. with the same folder, with the arrow. i'm at wits end with trying to get these covers to show up. no matter how i name the png no matter what extension, or were i put the line to point they are a no show. i know it doesn't matter that all my movies are in a folder that is named "movies" cause they still show up/play. an if i need to point the covers to that folder, then were an how. if some one could write me a ini for the plug in then great.( pointing to were the stuff needs to go.(covers pointing in right direction that is. the rest i got, all my covers are black, i have sub folders loading. just not covers.)

[PLUGIN]
magic=4D504345
coverColor=ffffff
coverFolder=movies - Make a folder called "movies" in your "boxcover" folder and place covers there
fileTypes=.avi|.mp4|.mkv|.divx - Make sure all your extensions for your movies are in here
romDir=movies
dolFile=mplayerce-svn-r673.dol
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes

Reactions: 1 person

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coverFolder=movies - Make a folder called "movies" in your "boxcover" folder and place covers there
Thank you, but still no go, even after deleting all the settings, restarting wiiflow from scratch. taking each one of your covers(one from each emulator), renaming them to a movie+ the correct dvix/.avi...ect. adding png or not adding it. still will not show, even re downloading the plugin( so i'll still use my tv cause it has built in media player. just thought it would be cool to add movies to coverflow. time to start my 12hr shift in 3hrs. yeah!!! :(

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Alright.. a couple things. First off an update..

-Update 06-02-12: I created a Neo Geo Pocket (Color) template based on the set at thecoverproject.net and have created and added another 20 covers to the set. :) Should be Near-Complete, with the exception of Japanese covers, and a few Protoypes. Also added an updated emuflow video. If you haven't seen the updated Lynx pack yet, check that out too!

and then...

* * *Important Announcement * * *

-I have teamed up with deakphreak and http://SpiffyCovers.com to host retro covers. It will hopefully be a good resource for wii loaders to pull retro covers from, as it's already set up to easily serve up a cover from a games crc. Full covers are in process of bieng added daily. In the meantime, if you want to download single covers, and not a whole set, this is the place to look!

My guess is [member='Fix94'] is probably already on top of it. :)
Just a thought, because of bad dumps/downloads, hacked games and different revisions of the same games, it would be good to check GoodTools for alternate CRC's on the different ROM's.

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, but still no go, even after deleting all the settings, restarting wiiflow from scratch. taking each one of your covers(one from each emulator), renaming them to a movie+ the correct dvix/.avi...ect. adding png or not adding it. still will not show, even re downloading the plugin( so i'll still use my tv cause it has built in media player. just thought it would be cool to add movies to coverflow. time to start my 12hr shift in 3hrs. yeah!!! :(

Did you change this line in your own .ini?
coverFolder=movies

the default is coverFolder=mplayerce

Also, there is no need to add an "additional" .png to your filename. If you still have problems after checking that, could you post a copy of your .ini?

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wheeee, update time! :)

-Update 06-04-12b: I've been working on a custom Game Gear Set. I just got the original set i uploaded accounted for, and I'll be working on new ones in the near future. I will of course start with the more popular titles (rest of the sonics, ecco, golden axe, etc.) for the next release. This set is based off a template i re-created & tweaked from thecoverproject.net. They lean towards the Euro-Style (I hate our crappy ass purple U.S. boxes), but are not rectangular, but square like the japanese boxes were.

SonicChaosUSAEurope.png

-Update 06-04-12: I re-uploaded the Neo Geo Pocket (Color) set with 4 additional NGP covers.

corey89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any update on individual box dimensions and such to enable different sized boxes and proper spines?

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any update on individual box dimensions and such to enable different sized boxes and proper spines?

No sir, not yet. If it ends up that it won't happen, i'll put up tweaked sets, in the meantime, i think it's best to be patient. On the bright side, a lot of them do line up perfectly (gb/gbc/gba/lynx/gamegear/tg16/tgcd/sg-1000/ngp/(maybe a few more?). So if worse comes to worse and they can't be adjusted in the loader settings, i think there's only 5 or 6 sets that'll need to be resized.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coverFolder=movies

Also, there is no need to add an "additional" .png to your filename. If you still have problems after checking that, could you post a copy of your .ini?
yes did it sooo many ways. here's all my set ups for mplayer ini.(like 4 of them.)
magic=4D504345
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=movies
fileTypes=.avi|.mp4|.mkv|.divx
romDir=movies/bubbleguppies
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes
magic=4D504345
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=mplayerce
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes
magic=4D504345
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=sd:/mcover
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes
magic=4D504345
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=sd:/wiiflow/cover/movies
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes
the only reason why i was putting .png at the end was masterjay said it was like that.(2012.divx.png)
the sizes i have tried, are the "normal" 124x164.. then using a few of yours 224x224, an the normal size. there were a few more options of were i had the ini pointing. but these 4 are the ones i saved.
ok weird, just booted up wiiflow this time with the first ini in my spoiler an pocket pool from gameboy color popped up.(224x224)..(have this as a test cover for 2012). so i guess a little patience is all i needed.lol.. thanks, time to add my covers. :)

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shoes is saying there doesn't need to be an additional png. Like you don't need to add it. I was only showing you what the whole file name should look like.
Yeah, it may take a sec or two to load the covers
in wiiflow.ini you could try upping the cover cache from 20 to like 80?

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some Japanese snes games, not to mention I like some of the japanese cover art better, but unless wiiflow ever allows individual box dimensions, they won't work with all the other boxes. So has anyone redone any of the jap boxart to the ntscu format? A few games that cross my mind are Spider-Man: Lethal Foes, Emerald Dragon, and the dragon ball games
I redid some of those titles and sent them to mastershoes. He should have them in his SNES Cover Collection.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coverFolder=movies

yes did it sooo many ways. here's all my set ups for mplayer ini.(like 4 of them.)
magic=4D504345
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=movies
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes
magic=4D504345
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=mplayerce
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes
magic=4D504345
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=sd:/mcover
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes
magic=4D504345
coverColor=000000
coverFolder=sd:/wiiflow/cover/movies
bannerSound=
displayname=MPlayerCE
ReturnLoader=yes
the only reason why i was putting .png at the end was masterjay said it was like that.(2012.divx.png)
the sizes i have tried, are the "normal" 124x164.. then using a few of yours 224x224, an the normal size. there were a few more options of were i had the ini pointing. but these 4 are the ones i saved.
ok weird, just booted up wiiflow this time with the first ini in my spoiler an pocket pool from gameboy color popped up.(224x224)..(have this as a test cover for 2012). so i guess a little patience is all i needed.lol.. thanks, time to add my covers. :)
hey shortz, can you post a copy of you wiiflow.ini? especially the [GENERAL] section? Check the settings for directories especially covers and boxcovers. check to see if they are on SD or USB and what folders they are. You coverFolder should go in those directories.

So if your wiiflow.ini says your boxcovers are on usb1:/wiiflow/boxcovers and mplayerce.ini says your coverFolder=movies then your covers for dvd's should go in usb1:/wiiflow/boxcovers/movies. You might have to make that folder in the boxcovers folder.

Also after you get that figured out and before you start wiiflow you might want to go to your wiiflow cache folder and open the list folder and delete the list file pertaining to mplayerce - this will help make sure wiiflow loads your covers from your new movies folder.

don't forget to name your covers like this 2012.avi.png for example (notice the double extensions and your movie should be name 2012.avi - you're basically putting a .png on the end)

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update Time Again!

-Update 06-06-12: I was doing some hunting, and I found Rx_79 over at thecoverproject.net working on the same game gear template, and his covers look fantastic! I've incorporated everything into one set keeping the best available. He's been adding a lot of covers recently, so I hope he will continue his great work! Set has been updated, and contains 60 covers at the moment. If you have downloaded any previous versions of this set (including the most recent), please start over with these, there a Hell of a lot nicer! ALSO - Added a small Virtual Boy set. These were mostly made by ronnieniemela1979 @ thecoverproject.net, and are verry f'n nice :).

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already have it worded out, they go in the folder"covers" on wiiflow, an inside a "movie folder. they needed t be 224x224, though they look a little sqaushed.( they should be 124x164).
thanks for everyone's help. was a pain in the dairy ares but it (they) work.

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already have it worded out, they go in the folder"covers" on wiiflow, an inside a "movie folder. they needed t be 224x224, though they look a little sqaushed.( they should be 124x164).
thanks for everyone's help. was a pain in the dairy ares but it (they) work.

Those are some goofy dimensions for a movie cover!! Are you using front covers only? I'm using sizes that are around 1017x680. I can't imagine how terrible a 124x164 cover must look!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night