Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mastershoes, Apr 9, 2012.

1. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Don't bump posts just because they haven't gotten a response. It's likely nobody can answer that.

Cypher16 likes this.

2. LastCupOfSorrow

LastCupOfSorrow This is getting old and so are you.

Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    Yes, it can be answered, but thanks for not providing any useful information and trying to derail my request.

EDIT: If there is not a set available, I will make one to go along with the Mastershoes Apple II collection on DU for WiiFlow.

Last edited by LastCupOfSorrow, Jan 26, 2017
  3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    What do you want? For everyone to reply and say "I don't know?"

4. mastershoes
    OP

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    There is currently no Apple II set. Or Sinclair/Spectrum, or NEC PC-8801. Any contributions are welcome!

Cypher16 and LastCupOfSorrow like this.
  5. LastCupOfSorrow

LastCupOfSorrow This is getting old and so are you.

Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    Cool, man. You have templates for the unfinished sets? No big deal if you do not, just figured I'd ask.

Thanks for your input and response(s)!

6. mastershoes
    OP

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    No, I don't have anything started for those sets yet. If you end up putting anything together just post them here and i'll get them added. :)

7. Hakaisha

Hakaisha Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2014
    United States
    Mastershoes, thank you for your awesome work. I've been enjoying your cover sets posted here, for a long time.

For the past few weeks, I've been meticulously working on creating my own covers, mostly for the PC Engine and the Super Famicom.

I've created custom flows within WiiFlow to accommodate for the Super Famicom's box taller size, shaped like a VHS box. I've also tweaked the currently existing jewel case emuflow here to what I find to look much more accurate, as well as making black and white spine templates from it.

The Super Famicom covers are split between 2 plugins I've made, one for the vertical boxes, the other for the horizontal boxes. The PC Engine source is just made to display both HuCards and SuperCDs in 1 plugin.

I've got source menu buttons made for these, as well as their own .ogg sounds.

I'd like to eventually make another SNES plugin/source for Satellaview, with its own cover template, exhibiting a title screen screenshot and logo on the front, with some standard info about it on the back.

If you're interested in any of this, please let me know. I'll make it a point to upload what I currently have soon if you like, although it's far from complete still.

There should be some examples down below.

WIP PICS

Cypher16 and mastershoes like this.
  8. mastershoes
    OP

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    Always down to add new things to the thread, feel free to send me whatever (or post here) and I will add them when i get the time. I'm pretty sure @mightymuffy will be particularly stoked about the Super Famicon Covers/Coverflow! XD

9. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    You're not wrong there pal!! :lol: Looking forward to seeing your work Hakaisha! ;)

Cypher16 and mastershoes like this.
  10. mastershoes
    OP

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    Update 03-22-17:

Updated the Virtual Boy set yet again with quite a few new homebrew covers. Here are a few examples.
    Some New VB Homebrew

Last edited by mastershoes, Mar 22, 2017
    mightymuffy, hulascott and Pepois like this.
  11. Pepois

Pepois GBAtemp Fan

Aug 24, 2013
    Argentina
    Great to see you continue working hard and SO profesionally MS, THANK YOU!

Cypher16 likes this.
  12. Crimrui

Crimrui Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2017
    Hello,

Just got into collecting covers for my games and I wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this project. Started gathering a few vertical ones for SNES but then I noticed it did not get updated with some cool games or that were translated. So, I had some free time and wanted to to make my own for a 2-3 random games, just to see where I will go with that. They ended up being so and so, I guess, not really good with Photoshop but wanted to post here, for hell of it, to see what professionals have to say. Be advised that I took some liberty with this, not sure what back covers are for some so I improvised. So tell me the truth, do I have a long way to go, or these are good for a beginner?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Cypher16 likes this.
  13. wantboost

wantboost somewhat of a newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2012
    United States
    I'm using abz mastermod ...
    The games are on HDD ... Shall the covers be on HDD or SD??? Also when I use fuzzy remane should I select the use ext box ?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

14. artemus3

artemus3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    France
    Hello guy ! Anybody have the 3D cover box for Adventure Island 1 NES ? Thank you very much. Rgs.

15. artemus3

artemus3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    France
    This is Hudson Adventure Island. Sorry. Rgs.

16. mastershoes
    OP

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    It's in the NES 3D set. It's titled "Hudson's Adventure Island (USA)".

Cypher16 likes this.
  17. wantboost

wantboost somewhat of a newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2012
    United States
    I'm using abz mastermod ...
    The games are on HDD ... Shall the covers be on HDD or SD??? Also when I use fuzzy remane should I select the use ext box

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

18. artemus3

artemus3 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2016
    France
    Thank you a lot man! Rgs.

19. OleSchool

OleSchool Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    Having some issues loading box covers for the MAME, CPS1, CPS2, Neo Geo roms. For MAME, some boxcovers work, some dont. For the other sources, none of the box covers work at all.

I checked all the basics like
    1) Paths in the config files for the plugins
    2) Named the files correctly (i.e. ctribes.zip.png for ctribes.zip).
    3) Reloaded cache

I even took one of the working ones in MAME aliens.zip.png, and copied it and renamed it to avsp.zip.png for a rom whose boxcover that wasn't working, and it didn't work. That's very odd, since it works for aliens.zip.png. I thought I would log in and see a aliens boxcover for both games. Not sure what else to check.

Please help, thanks!

Last edited by OleSchool, May 6, 2017
    Cypher16 likes this.
  20. OleSchool

OleSchool Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    Well, I finally figured it out.

What a pain that was and it was so simple... Yes, I will put what I did, lol. Nothing like finding a post that matches what you're looking for, noone has an answer, then the OP says "I figured it out, nvm." lol..

Anyway, I didn't realize that the settings within WiiFlow (the gearbox icon) were global settings. So when I went in there and selected (on page 4) the Path Manager, I thought I was selecting the Path Manager for that source (e.g. CPS1). Its not for the source, its globally for every WiiFlow source! The ini files for each source just START at that path you set in the Path Manager...smh

Hope that helps someone, cause I been working ONLY that issue for 4 days, lol

Last edited by OleSchool, May 9, 2017
    Cypher16 likes this.