Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

Zaplatka

Trophies
XP
Country
WOW, this is really great work!
Can i download a higher res, (not resised) somewhere of PS1 and Dreamcast DVD covers of your sets ? (for print)
p.s. sorry for my english (

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW, this is really great work!
Can i download a higher res, (not resised) somewhere of PS1 and Dreamcast DVD covers of your sets ? (for print)
p.s. sorry for my english (
Not all that are available in this thread, but thecoverproject.net has a lot of high res covers made specifically for re-printing covers. Wonderful artists, and the majority of the covers they do have hosted are used in the sets here.

Reactions: Cypher16

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Officially done with round 1 of the new Atari 2600 set. Sorry though, it'll still be a bit before release, I plan on doing some re-tweaking too many of the covers yet (Whee, round 2!). I can tell you this, the set will be 600 covers plus 100+ Alts. If you're thinking about downloading the current one, I'd hold off!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Officially done with round 1 of the new Atari 2600 set. Sorry though, it'll still be a bit before release, I plan on doing some re-tweaking too many of the covers yet (Whee, round 2!). I can tell you this, the set will be 600 covers plus 100+ Alts. If you're thinking about downloading the current one, I'd hold off!
Will this include:
megamania_hes_cart_2.jpg
?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome!
I finally try to step over to wiiflow.
Hopefully I will get things running.
I will start with adding my personal favourite roms/games etc.

atm, I am having problems with missing covers form the CPS and CPS2 games.
I thought these were complete sets?
I will try posting these games asap.
Also I am trying to figure out how to hide games, I am missing the "hidden" option in m catagories....

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
atm, I am having problems with missing covers form the CPS and CPS2 games.
I thought these were complete sets?
I will try posting these games asap.
You've said this one before haven't you Hielkenator...... like was said last time, ms has got the complete set of CPS1 & 2 there, the game(s) you're 'missing' covers of will be clones, or child roms as they were called back in the day.... simply grab the cover of the parent rom and copy/paste/rename. etc, and if you're after a unique cover for your SFII CE Rainbow Edition or whatever then get busy with *insert fave paint program here* ;)

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Atari 2600 Update is Live!!!

I don't even know what to say.. a lot of flippin' time into this one... A LOT.

This update includes 400+ new covers, including contributions from @mike1 , @Pepois , and TCP Artists. I would like to thank them all, as I'm sure they all put a lot of time in as well. The set now sits at 600 covers and 113 alternates. There is a separate folder in the Alts folder that contains TCP style variants (it's clearly labled). If you prefer that style over retail, you can just copy the 73 covers that are in there and paste them into the main set. I left off the "(Alt)" tags on those covers to make it a little easier to do so.

So basically in my process, I started by separating all the covers by company (same cover formats), and creating little mini templates of the same style covers, so i could clean them up the best i could, and bring a uniformity about. Every cover was done one by one, a lot of text re-done from scratch, spine's completely re-worked, and a lot of cleaning was done. If I were to think of every detail that was involved, i'd probably want to vomit, so i'll leave it at this....

HAVE FUN! I really hope you enjoy the new sets!

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The Atari 2600 Update is Live!!!

I don't even know what to say.. a lot of flippin' time into this one... A LOT.

This update includes 400+ new covers, including contributions from @mike1 , @Pepois , and TCP Artists. I would like to thank them all, as I'm sure they all put a lot of time in as well. The set now sits at 600 covers and 113 alternates. There is a separate folder in the Alts folder that contains TCP style variants (it's clearly labled). If you prefer that style over retail, you can just copy the 73 covers that are in there and paste them into the main set. I left off the "(Alt)" tags on those covers to make it a little easier to do so.

So basically in my process, I started by separating all the covers by company (same cover formats), and creating little mini templates of the same style covers, so i could clean them up the best i could, and bring a uniformity about. Every cover was done one by one, a lot of text re-done from scratch, spine's completely re-worked, and a lot of cleaning was done. If I were to think of every detail that was involved, i'd probably want to vomit, so i'll leave it at this....

HAVE FUN! I really hope you enjoy the new sets!
Great work Mastershoes!!! You sure are a very committed person and your work is really the best! Warmest regards!

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Update 07-16-15

Added A Few Game & Watch Covers from TCP in anticipation that the new retroarch-wii update will include Game & Watch support!
I love these covers but my one issue is where can they be used? The libretro team have not released a Game & Watch Core for the wii and I doubt they intend to. My point being that AFAIK wiiflow,gx,and cfg are the only loaders capable of displaying full covers. So as lovely as they are, on what system will we get to use them?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love these covers but my one issue is where can they be used? The libretro team have not released a Game & Watch Core for the wii and I doubt they intend to. My point being that AFAIK wiiflow,gx,and cfg are the only loaders capable of displaying full covers. So as lovely as they are, on what system will we get to use them?
Well like he says, maybe we'll get the GW core on the Wii someday.... (though I doubt it, unfortunately) and hey, he's got Neo CD, 32X and Dreamcast covers up, and there's people that seem to use these for things other than Wii as well so.. get a fake setup going - I recently showed my kid bro an 'Xbox360' plugin with half a dozen covers I chucked up, just for shits n giggles :D (but as he's 35 years old now he didn't fall for it!)

Reactions: sion_zaphod

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well like he says, maybe we'll get the GW core on the Wii someday.... (though I doubt it, unfortunately) and hey, he's got Neo CD, 32X and Dreamcast covers up, and there's people that seem to use these for things other than Wii as well so.. get a fake setup going - I recently showed my kid bro an 'Xbox360' plugin with half a dozen covers I chucked up, just for shits n giggles :D (but as he's 35 years old now he didn't fall for it!)
Looks like i've been :ph34r:'d! That about sums up what I was going to say. :)

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 07-27-15:

Update to the Famicom set. I went hunting and found a bunch more Famicom covers over at TCP (Set was at 29 covers, is now at 68 + 6 Alts). There were a few different styles, so I grabbed Shenske's template, made a few changes, and boom, for the most part a uniform new set. Thanks to all the artists at TCP not only for there hard work, but for providing the templates, which are invaluable!

Have fun everyone :)

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mini Update 08-03-15:

Had to do a quick fix to the recent Famicom update. Thanks to @mightymuffy for pointing out a few things. So...

-The Famicom covers are now separated into 2 folders - "Famicom Disk System" and "Famicom NES".
-Spine Logo's have been replaced for all "Famicom Disk System" covers. (See the preview pics in the opening post).
-Removed the Final Fantasy alts I had put together, as they were made to the wrong template. (Whoops!)

All-inclusive .rar's and individual download folders have been updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.