Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES vert update incoming in the next couple days, just a heads up. 34 New covers, 5 New Alts, 6 Cleaned/Updated, and 3 Previous moved to Alts. Just gotta find the time to .rar 'em up and upload them.

ngs428 - Really none of those cover sets work well with an unmodded genplus-gx. If you now how to compile and edit, you can make a version of genplus-gx that has no default cartridge image, and therefore can use any of the sets. If you know how, you can edit filesel.c to make that happen. I cannot provide you with a modded version link cuz Eke-Eke is the man, and i'm not gonna release any modded version of his app, but you can check out this link for some clues on what needs editing.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you finish your manual.
Seriously? Because I could do that. Though I find it odd that he would make that the pending factor for updating his emulator. Or are you being a wiseacre? If so, it is unwarranted, as I was asking a sincere question. And now I'm wondering if you're criticizing my manual. Why pick on little ol' me? :/

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, bad joke. Sega-cd support is extraordinary, it took him months to implement. 32x is an even more complex task and would push wii to its limits. Writing a comprehensive manual is easier but it can take a lot of time. Even if most users don't read manuals I think it's good to have one. So Good luck.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mastershoes - I understand that the cover support version of genplus-gx can't be released. I assume you have already brought this up with Eke-Eke, asking him to integrate this into the official version. The compiling may be a little out of my league at this point. I went to the link you posted and to "https://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/wiki/Compiling". My only programming class in college didn't go well, so I don't want to get close to that experience again. :lol:

I hope the covers in my previous post helped you. If nothing else, these are the titles that are missing in your set. I was comparing against a complete US set for GB, GBC and GBA. There are a few other GBA video covers missing too, but I didn't get those yet.

I attached the GBA Videos that were missing
Game Boy Advance Video - All Grown Up! - Volume 1 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Cartoon Network Collection - Limited Edition (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Cartoon Network Collection - Platinum Edition (USA, Europe).png Game Boy Advance Video - Cartoon Network Collection - Premium Edition (USA, Europe).png Game Boy Advance Video - Cartoon Network Collection - Special Edition (USA, Europe).png Game Boy Advance Video - Cartoon Network Collection - Volume 1 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Cartoon Network Collection - Volume 2 (USA, Europe).png Game Boy Advance Video - Codename - Kids Next Door - Volume 1 (USA, Europe).png Game Boy Advance Video - Disney Channel Collection - Volume 1 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Dora the Explorer - Volume 1 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Dragon Ball GT - Volume 1 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Nicktoons Collection - Volume 1 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Nicktoons Collection - Volume 2 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Pokemon - Volume 1 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Pokemon - Volume 2 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Pokemon - Volume 3 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Pokemon - Volume 4 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - Sonic X - Volume 1 (USA).png Game Boy Advance Video - SpongeBob SquarePants - Volume 1 (USA) (Rev 1).png

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya 'Shoes, as usual awesome update per your phenom self lol. Just wanted to mention something I came across during the reconstruction of my setup. I d/loaded the Master Sets for SNES Horizontal/Verts and realized that the Alt covers are not included with the d/load, so I quickly went to the individual folder downloads u made available for quick and easy access to get whatever u need separately, and bulk d/loaded the alts folders.

There were a ton of great covers I would have missed out on had I not noticed this, especially since I really dig lots of the alts and figured I'd ask how u feel about including the alts folders along with your master sets for future d/loads? it would save a quick couple of steps for those who know about it, but I figure most people don't know and they're missing out on the choice of a quality cover for their fave games. Just a thought, holler at ya laterz 'Shoes.

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MassiveRican - Well, I kinda made the mastersets for people who want 1 version (typically most accurate to retail US or best quality) of a cover, so they don't have to hunt and peck through the sets. I figure the hunt and peckers (teehee) will download the set with all the covers including the alts & other regions. Otherwise, there's always the option of zipping up the Alts folder from the "individual Download" folder or grabbing what they like.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep I figured it was something like that, I realized shortly after I started that I was seeing different covers than what I had on the JRPG's which are really cool so I just went and picked up the alts set folders and I'm good to go, not too concerned with the other region covers as much. Also used the master set to save time, this shiz is time consuming when you want things exactly how u want them. I change naming conventions and hunting for homebrew roms and rom patches etc etc.

user3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mastershoes - Thank you very much for your hard work and sharing this excellent collection. I wonder if you're planning to extend this to include covers for GameCube and Wii. I'm using these covers as backdrops for KODI Game Collection Browser and it would be nice to have covers for GameCube and Wii as well. Thanks again for sharing.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
mastershoes - Thank you very much for your hard work and sharing this excellent collection. I wonder if you're planning to extend this to include covers for GameCube and Wii. I'm using these covers as backdrops for KODI Game Collection Browser and it would be nice to have covers for GameCube and Wii as well. Thanks again for sharing.
Check out gametdb.com they have all the Wii/GC covers, plus their database is integrated into USB loaders so u can just d/load covers directly as well if u want.

user3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check out gametdb.com they have all the Wii/GC covers, plus their database is integrated into USB loaders so u can just d/load covers directly as well if u want.

Thank you for the link. I've checked out the site and it seem like I can only download the full covers individually and not the whole pack. Their pack download page only contains front covers. I'm running the emulator on my PC and don't have the USB loaders installed. Do you know of any tools I can use to download all full cover on gametdb? Thanks for the help.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the link. I've checked out the site and it seem like I can only download the full covers individually and not the whole pack. Their pack download page only contains front covers. I'm running the emulator on my PC and don't have the USB loaders installed. Do you know of any tools I can use to download all full cover on gametdb? Thanks for the help.
set up your gamecube games through wiiflow
select Download>all in the global settings
sit back as it downloads most of the full covers
search and assemble the few remaining ones off teh interwebz
???
profit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?