Cyborg 009.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 5,927

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Y'know I'm half tempted to do a few Speccy* covers actually..... Not tried the plugin yet, in fact I've not even tried the emulator yet, but I'm still tempted!
* = ZX Spectrum

In the meantime, just starting my SNES pack 3. SFC in a PAL style like the ones from pack 1, only done a couple but here's a preview of one I can't decide on:

Akumajou Dracula.zip.png

Akumajou Dracula, aka SFC version of Super Castlevania IV.... couple of notable changes in the SFC version if you didn't know, the main one being Level 8 (the Dungeon level) which had blood, instead of green slime stuff on the Western version (the blood seemed a bit too watery anyway if you ask me - more like raspberry pop!). Not sure if that qualifies this cover to be classed as an Alt to the western version or not.....?
Secondly, and just out of interest - which do you reckon is the best cover pic for the game - Jap or Western? I can't decide.... which is surprising for Konami when you look at the Western SNES Mystical Ninja box released around the same time - what an abomination that was! :lol:

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 07-01-14:

SNES Vertical Update. Thanks to all the great artists at TCP who put these together. Here's the breakdown of what's new:

New USA - 28
New Europe - 1
New Japan - 1
New USA Alts - 3
Cleaned/Updated USA - 2

All links and folders have been updated. Have Fun!

Reactions: MassiveRican

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yet another pack of covers!
This time I took the effort to make custom covers for the BS Zelda titles:
BS Zelda - Third Quest
BS Zelda - Fourth Quest
BS Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets.

Enjoy! :D

To whoever is in charge:
Please, add these covers to the SNES Horizontal covers pack!
Thanks!

Attachments

• BS The Legend Of Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets.smc.png
    BS The Legend Of Zelda - Ancient Stone Tablets.smc.png
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 5,681
  • BS The Legend Of Zelda - Third Quest.smc.png
    BS The Legend Of Zelda - Third Quest.smc.png
    967.8 KB · Views: 3,833
  • BS The Legend Of Zelda - Fourth Quest.smc.png
    BS The Legend Of Zelda - Fourth Quest.smc.png
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 1,450

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Let's add some more covers to this list!

I will now add some popular NES hacks in honor to the Year of Luigi!
These covers are:
Super Luigi Bros.
Luigi Bros. (Arcade game)
Donkey Kong - Luigi Edition

Those three games appear in some form in the NES Remix games :)
Also, I edited the NES cover for Earthbound Zero to make it say "Mother" (like it should)

And one final cover, this one is for the Gameboy Color, Konami Collection Vol.4
Person in charge, please add this 5 covers to their corresponding packages :)

Attachments

• Donkey Kong - Luigi Edition.nes.png
    Donkey Kong - Luigi Edition.nes.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,890
  • Luigi Bros.nes.png
    Luigi Bros.nes.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 716
  • Mother.nes.png
    Mother.nes.png
    117 KB · Views: 1,529
  • Super Luigi Bros.nes.png
    Super Luigi Bros.nes.png
    567.1 KB · Views: 2,655
  • Konami GB Collection Vol.4.gbc.png
    Konami GB Collection Vol.4.gbc.png
    642 KB · Views: 982

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ShadowOne333 your BS Zelda Fourth Quest cover is mirrored, basically backwards i guess. Maybe u can provide a fix or was that intentional lol?

lol yeah, My mistake.

Here is the correct cover for BS Zelda Fourth Quest.
Sorry for the inconvenience. XD

Attachments

• BS The Legend Of Zelda - Fourth Quest.smc.png
    BS The Legend Of Zelda - Fourth Quest.smc.png
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 6,795

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this post Look at the difference between "Mother" and all the other covers. "Mother" is the standard size. (The correct aspect ratio before it gets "squished" for wiiflow.) Changing them into "shrunken spine" takes no time time or effort with a photoshop macro. However, to go from shrunken spine to standard spine requires a complete rebuild of the spines and takes a lot of time.

A lot of people contribute Shrunken Spine covers only, and it drives me nuts. If they would just make them standard size (would require the same exact effort), i could easily add them to both shrunken/standard sets. I don't really understand why nobody gets that.

Either way though, the efforts are always appreciated, and even if i don't add covers to the sets, they're always still available in the thread, and i guarantee you there are going to be people downloading them. :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In this post Look at the difference between "Mother" and all the other covers. "Mother" is the standard size. (The correct aspect ratio before it gets "squished" for wiiflow.) Changing them into "shrunken spine" takes no time time or effort with a photoshop macro. However, to go from shrunken spine to standard spine requires a complete rebuild of the spines and takes a lot of time.

A lot of people contribute Shrunken Spine covers only, and it drives me nuts. If they would just make them standard size (would require the same exact effort), i could easily add them to both shrunken/standard sets. I don't really understand why nobody gets that.

Either way though, the efforts are always appreciated, and even if i don't add covers to the sets, they're always still available in the thread, and i guarantee you there are going to be people downloading them. :)

So only the Mother cover I uploaded is the correct Standard Spine?
All others are shrunk spine?

So, let me see if I got it...
I should reupload all the ocvers in the correct Standard size (taking Mother cover as a base) and then Re-size them in the same aspect ratio or resolution as that same cover?

Did I get it right or am I missing something?

Please, let me know what I can do so I can reupload all of them in Standard Spine :)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I believe it is because they are using them for Wiiflow, which as is, can only use the shrunken spines. I too am unsure as to what you hope to achieve with the standard spines. Sure, the shrunken spines have less resolution, but they look fine in Wiiflow, and I'm pretty sure proper cover dimensions per console isn't something very high on Fix94's priority list, if that's what you're holding out for. :/

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe it is because they are using them for Wiiflow, which as is, can only use the shrunken spines. I too am unsure as to what you hope to achieve with the standard spines. Sure, the shrunken spines have less resolution, but they look fine in Wiiflow, and I'm pretty sure proper cover dimensions per console isn't something very high on Fix94's priority list, if that's what you're holding out for. :/
Have to agree, though I suppose it's nice to have them available IF Fix does the change, standard spines do seem a bit pointless for what is essentially a Wiiflow topic for both effort and bandwidth space... Also I'm a bit unsure about resolutions with standard - we've got 1090x680 on most, which equates to 515, 60, 515 width on shrunken, then on standard I'm not too sure.... THEN there's different resolutions on different formats too (I remember the problems with my Amiga covers for example = originally one resolution, then I got that wrong, then you changed to a diffferent resolution anyway - :wacko:
Personally ms I'd like you to do as little work as possible with any covers I send - you're busy enough as it is! - I will do standard spines if you like but really would like a post giving us the exact pixel size we're working on for front/back & spine...

All that said, I've stopped for a bit anyway! My laptop's on its last legs, and in this current heat starts cutting out - the last 2 attempts at cover making went tits up with my soddin machine shutting down - 90% finished on the cover last time too, argh! I've only got 10 sfc covers done, in shrunken spine format :lol:, will edit this post in a bit with a dl link to them, and hopefully any future ones will be in standard spine format if and when I get dimension sizes....

EDIT: Sod it it's only 10 covers, I'll attach/spoiler them:
Akumajou Dracula (Super CV4)
Akumajou Dracula.png

Alice no Paint Adventure
Alice no Paint Adventure.png

Bahamut Lagoon
Bahamut Lagoon.png

Bakumatsu Kourinden Oni
Bakumatsu Kourinden Oni.png

Bounty Sword
Bounty Sword.png

Burai.... (not retyping all that lot again!)
Burai - Hachigyoku no Yuushi Densetsu.png

Dai-4-ji Super Robot Taisen
Dai-4-ji Super Robot Taisen.png

Elfaria II
Elfaria II - The Quest of the Meld.png

Final Fantasy V (US covers Toddy did are basically customs too, not done IV & VI as there's official US versions)
Final Fantasy V.png

Ganpuru - Gunman's Proof
Ganpuru - Gunman's Proof.png

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
More covers!
This time they are all SEGA related.
I uploaded the following covers:
  • Sonic & Tails (Game Gear)
  • Sonic & Tails 2 (Game Gear)
  • Sonic Blast (Master System)
  • Sonic Chaos (Master System)
  • Sonic The Hedgehog (Master System)
  • Sonic The Hedgehog (Master System)
Hope you guys enjoy them :)

Attachments

• Sonic & Tails 2.gg.png
    Sonic & Tails 2.gg.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,177
  • Sonic & Tails.gg.png
    Sonic & Tails.gg.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 586
  • Sonic Blast.sms.png
    Sonic Blast.sms.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 684
  • Sonic Chaos.sms.png
    Sonic Chaos.sms.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 689
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2.sms.png
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2.sms.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 612
  • Sonic the Hedgehog.sms.png
    Sonic the Hedgehog.sms.png
    1,024 KB · Views: 597

Bigbones87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks for all the hard work and time put into this. This was a HUGE deciding factor in me chossing wiiflow. Now onto my issues.....Where should I post about renaming issues I am having? I have everything setup, but when I used the fuzzyrename program, it renamed all the .png to the name of the roms, but left out the .zip at the end of each one. Should I extract all the roms, because they work just fine in .rar format...but I dont want to go rename all the rom covers to "_.rar.png" if that makes sense. Thanks for any hints

EDIT: I think I may have figured it out. I was checking the include ext box, but I was doing it after it searched for rom names, so it wasnt applying it to the rename. Thanks

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think I have a problem...
This is becoming more of a Hobby with simplistic tools rather than learning with professional tools. XD

Super Luigi 64 cover!
Add it to your hacked rom :)

Attachments

• Super Luigi 64.n64.png
    Super Luigi 64.n64.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,883

Jedman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Ive got wiiflow running with some emulators but I dumped so low quality artwork into my box art folder. I have since replaced all the covers with the high quality small spine versions, but a lot of the old box artwork is still showing in wiiflow, I have refreshed the cache many times but it hasn't changed.

could someone advise me on how to fix this please.

Many thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans