Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed that quite a few of the covers in the ps1 collection are games that I haven't been able to successfully run. Have the games been tested before covers added? And if so, mind sharing how to get those games to work?
You'll also notice a job lot of Sega Saturn covers, plus the larger Neo Geo games, and various non-working N64 games for instance. Nice to have them there (hint:create dummy files to save space on non-working games - especially cd-based ones - if you want them to show [off to friends! :lol: ]), and who knows, maybe one day we might see them working (MAYBE...)!!

Reactions: MassiveRican

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Update 01-21-14: Added a "Miscellaneous Plugin" section at the bottom of the OP. It includes covers for nxengine, quake, prboom, and residualvm. Alot of them are covers I edited that were posted by sion_zaphod awhile back, and there are some that i made. All links are live, as always, have fun!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Still working on my cover setups:cry:
Ughhh... it's so frustrating to know I already had all this done.. but at the very least I can say that not only is it more complete since I have more space, which is why it's taking longer btw, (getting new games, ISO's, learning how to use/setup ScummVM/DOSBox properly) but it's more organized and optimized since I've converted to JPG (I've saved between 70% - 80% space wise compared to PNG with no loss of quality). I tell you it's a labor of love... and really I freaking love it. Good thing is I have maybe 6-7 cover sets left I think.

mastershoes I was going though the thread recently making sure I had just about every cover contributed that I liked and I saw a few covers by sion_zaphod that didn't make it into the DOSBox cover d/load. Specifically the one's here, here and here. I really like his covers and was wondering if the reason u didn't include them is because the games don't work for DOSBox Wii or if u simply missed them in the titanic catalog of covers spread through the thread lol.

EDIT: TOW420 has recently made some SNES SMT covers and has graciously shared them with me. I wanted to post them here as well in case anyone is interested.

Shin Megami Tensei I/II for SNES
Shin Megami Tensei (USA)
2zho5xz.png

Shin Megami Tensei II (USA)
15540te.png

Reactions: ToddofWar420

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
MassiveRican

Repton and the other games do not work on dosboxwii. I tried to get them working inside a bbc emulator for dos but no luck. I actually got these games working by converting the SSD files (BBC disk images) to GBA using this emulator:- https://sites.google.com/site/gbaremakes/home/emulation . The conversions are not perfect but definitely playable until someone ports a BBC emulator to the wii.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
MassiveRican

Repton and the other games do not work on dosboxwii. I tried to get them working inside a bbc emulator for dos but no luck. I actually got these games working by converting the SSD files (BBC disk images) to GBA using this emulator:- https://sites.google.com/site/gbaremakes/home/emulation . The conversions are not perfect but definitely playable until someone ports a BBC emulator to the wii.

Airball and Dizzy work fine in dosboxwii although airball is better on the atari st.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Airball and Dizzy work fine in dosboxwii although airball is better on the atari st.
whoops I just realized that airball and Dizzy are included in the DOSBox pack, I'll have to edit my previous post. Also thanks for the tip on Repton and airball. Interesting conversion, glad it worked. If Wiimpathy is up for it maybe he'll make a BBC plugin, it's possible he's already tried and hasn't been able to get it working. He's the man when it comes to plugins.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Done a few more SNES PAL covers, again mainly for games not yet done (plus Mario All-Stars! :D Sorry but the PAL box looked better if you ask me!)
(now in JPEG format)
Hebereke's Popoon.jpg

Jelly Boy.jpg

Sailormoon.jpg

Super Mario All-Stars PAL (did this a while back, hence PNG)
Super Mario All-Stars.smc.png

Edit (27/01/14) 2 new, 2 touched up:
Adventures of Mighty Max (new)
Adventures of Mighty Max, The.jpg

Cannon Fodder (touch up)
Cannon Fodder.jpg

The Chaos Engine (new)
Chaos Engine, The.jpg

....gave up on this one as a bad job, will try and see if there's any better grabs to work with sometime...
Parodius (touch up - needed it too!)
Parodius.jpg

Edit (28/01/14)
Done some PAL covers for me/friends/family - Castlevania IV, Killer Instinct, Magical Quest... don't think they're really good enough to chuck up here (if anyone wants, just ask!), but thought I'd whap this curio up:

Illusion of Time (EUR)
Illusion of Time (Europe).jpg

For our American friends, this is actually Illusion of Gaia for PAL territories, released by Nintendo themselves... suppose the art is nice and all, but WHY Nintendo, what's wrong with Gaia (the art for which looks better I might add). Perhaps Gaia means bollocks in Portugese or something ehh (we all know what Sega means in Italian!).... Anyway, 'twas requested by my kid bro as he played this instead of Gaia...

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about adding the "Only For Nintendo' logo to the Shin Megami Tensei I/II covers.. I know some people like the look (I am for one) and others prolly don't care to much for it. What do you guys think?
Shin Megami Tensei I/II for SNES
Shin Megami Tensei I - Only For Nintendo Alt
jpdiec.png

Shin Megami Tensei II - Only For Nintendo Alt
27yq1ja.png

Since I brought us Fire Emblem 3 & 4 covers for SNES, why not do 5?
I believe it's the last one on SNES. <--Correct me if I'm wrong.
Fire Emblem 5 - Thracia 776 (USA)
1zlxk7d.png

Enjoy!

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mightymuffin, don't give up so easily bro! Try this..
The Chaos Engine (USA)
k03nd1.png
I just converted the cover to the USA template and just penciled in the random white spots.
I didn't use contrast adjuster or anything cuz I didn't want to taint the coloring any.
Hope this helps.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I like the look of "Only for Nintendo" as well although it's not necessarily true of the SMT games lol. Loving the FE-V cover man and that completes the set of games for SNES which makes it oh so nice to have full sets of games especially RPG wise for me :D

Good job too mighty muffy on what your providing, I hate to admit but I was a big Mighty Max fan back in the day and it brings me waaayy back! I used to have the toy sets, stages and everything and would fight my own little imaginary battles as a kid.. oh those days were so simple lol.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd go through my snes collection and point out coverless roms because I have nothing better to do at the moment. So here they are in alphabetical order:

Amazing spiderman lethal foes
Apocalypse II
Ballz 3D
Batman (prototype: Google "Real Shitty Batman"
Batman Revenge of the Joker
Chester Cheetah, Wild Wild Quest
Clayfighter 1
Cyborg 009
Dark Half
Fatal Fury Special
Fighters History
Ganpuru - Gunman's proof
Gegege no Kitarou: Fukkatsu! Tenma Daiou
Genocide 2
Golden Fighter
Gon
Gourmet Sentai Bara Yaru
Gun Force
Hokuto no ken 6&7
Jim Lee's Wild Cats
Kamen Rider
Kamen Rider SD Shutsugeki!! Rider Machine
Kouryuu no Mimi
Legend
Lethal Enforcers
Metal Max Returns
Monstania
Nangoku Shounen Papuwa-kun
Natsuki Crisis Battle
Outlander
Parodius - Non-sense Fantasy
Parodius 1&2Power Instinct
Prime
Psycho Dream
R-Type 3
Radical Rex
Return of Double Dragon
Road Riot 4WD
Shien's Revenge
Shin Nekketsu Kouha - Kunio-Tachi no Banka
Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun
Silva Saga 2
Slayers
Space Knight - Tekkaman Blade
Steven Segal is the Final Option
Super Chinese Fighter
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Super Mario Bros 2 the Lost Levels Deluxe
Super Metroid:JustinBailey
Super Metroid Phazon Hack
Super Shadow of the Beast
Super Tetris 3
Syvalion
Tenchi Moyou! Game Hen
Terminator 2 Judgement Day
Test Drive 2
Wario's Woods
Weapon Lord
Xardion

I may be off on some of these, but I've always tried to keep up to date with SNES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs