Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice set of games u chose to cover, some great stuff there. Hopefully TOW420 or MS can tweak em and add it to a future update for any missing SNES covers. Thanks.

Oh and GBATemp u really need to fix the alerts it's getting ridiculous. I had no idea there was so much activity going on here.

You're welcome pal, and totally agreed - there's lots of SFC games I want in there so I'm hammering away at a few of those while I've got a bit of spare time.
TOW's already contacted me about updating some of my covers which is great news, and anyone else is free to use/edit/update (or simply make a new one for the game) too - they can convert them into US style covers too, and no need to contact me for any permission either. (For the record, TOW's updating my GB & GBC covers)

EDIT: Reet then, next batch up! Will edit this post again tomorrow with a few more then I'm done (back to work on monday, plus these will be all I want doing for myself anyway):
EDIT2: Last ones up! Only 3 this time..... That's me done too.

Cu-On-Pa SFC
Cu-On-Pa SFC.smc.png
Gan Gan Ganchan
Gan Gan Ganchan.smc.png
Kirby no Kirakira Kids
Kirby no Kirakira Kids.sfc.png
Magical Pop'n
Magical Pop'n.smc.png
Miracle Girls
Miracle Girls.smc.png
Nankoku... (hehe, avoiding any spelling errors! Though is it Nangoku?? :D )
Nankoku.smc.png
Poko-Nyan (ditto!)
Poko-Nyan.smc.png
Puzzle'n Desu
Puzzle'n Desu.smc.png
Snoopy Concert
Snoopy Concert.smc.png
Sugoro Quest
Sugoro Quest.smc.png

29/12 new uns
Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94
Dolucky no Puzzle Tour '94.smc.png
Donald Duck Mahou no Boushi
Donald Duck Mahou no Boushi.smc.png
Little Magic (heads up: there's an English translation of this!)
Little Magic.smc.png
Quite a few oddballs in there! :D (And a lot of pink! I also opened the Xmas marshmallows while doing them hehe..). Like I mentioned on Little Magic, a couple of these have English translations, and the rest are still quite accessible.

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I started working on my plugins and covers recently, and again I'm blown away by the quantity of work & covers that are present here. Very impressive and a huge thank you to all.

mastershoes I had a quick question about the SNES Horizontal Complete Shrunken Spine Set. Does it include all the covers that were newly added 03/06 - 11/10 of this year, cuz I feel like there is more than 546 USA covers with all the updates made by you and the team? I have all the newly added files except for the one added in November, so I'm wondering if re-d/loading the complete set would save me the time of having to go through the separate d/loads and replacing/adding files that way, or if it would be better for me to manually add all the updates to the Complete set (Not master USA)?

My goal is to have a set as complete as possible for all covers available for the SNES Horizontal set w/o region duplciates, like the way you did with the Genesis/Megadrive set which is phenomenal.
-648 out of the 662 Covers from the USA set. The other 14 we're replaced by their European counterparts, because at this point in time the European cover simply looks better.

-115 Covers from the European set that currently do not exist in the USA set. (Plus the 14covers that replaced the USA covers).

-All 66 of the USA Hack, Prototype, and Unlicensed covers.

-Included 12 covers from the "Other Region" set that are exlusive to there region...
1 Australia
6 Brazil
2 China
1 Korea
1 Taiwan
1 UK

-37 of the 38 Japanese [T-Eng] Covers (I left out "Bare Knuckle III" since the USA version "Streets of Rage 3" is already included.)

-95 covers from the Japan set. I Went through the Japanese titles one by one, and elimated those that had a US/Euro version. I left in all the covers that are exclusive to Japan, and NOT covered in the [T-Eng] covers.
Basically a breakdown like this is what I'd love for the SNES since I'll have plenty of T-Eng covers and Japan covers and all that jazz. Once I finish I can make a quick synopsis like this one and can share it with you so you can post it if u want.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a quick question about the SNES Horizontal Complete Shrunken Spine Set. Does it include all the covers that were newly added 03/06 - 11/10 of this year, cuz I feel like there is more than 546 USA covers with all the updates made by you and the team? I have all the newly added files except for the one added in November, so I'm wondering if re-d/loading the complete set would save me the time of having to go through the separate d/loads and replacing/adding files that way, or if it would be better for me to manually add all the updates to the Complete set (Not master USA)?

My goal is to have a set as complete as possible for all covers available for the SNES Horizontal set w/o region duplciates, like the way you did with the Genesis/Megadrive set which is phenomenal.
Basically a breakdown like this is what I'd love for the SNES since I'll have plenty of T-Eng covers and Japan covers and all that jazz. Once I finish I can make a quick synopsis like this one and can share it with you so you can post it if u want.

Hey buddeh, all zips are up-to-date, and that is the correct amount of current USA covers. I would suggest going with the update rars rather than re-doing the whole set, cuz i think it would save a lot of time.

Also, there is a "master set" for SNES horizontal just like the Genesis/MegaDrive. Here's the breakdown from the OP.
The US Master Set notes:

Based off of the USA set, it contains 566 covers, here's the breakdown of whats included:

-546 out of the 546 Covers from the USA set.
-17 covers from the European set that currently do not exist in the USA set.
-2 covers from the Germany set that currently do not exist in the USA set.
-1 cover from the Japan set that currently does not exist in the USA set.

Other Notes:

-I intentionally left in both the USA title "StarFox" and it's European cousin "StarWing". I believe that is the only duplicate title included.

Have fun gettin' all your stuff up to speed! More covers are on the way.

Coming soon: TRS-80 and Tandy CoCo 1 & 2 covers courtesy of halen . I'm just finishing up getting them organized/named. I have to do a few edits and hope to get them up in the next week. :)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Small update here which needed doing, can't say it's helped my NY Hangover doing them like! :lol:
SNES again, couple of cleanups, one new one I can't do without - being a Zelda fan, and 2 romhacks:

(NEW un) Legend of Zelda, The - BS (various versions of this, a personal recommendation from me would be the MottZilla patch)
Legend of Zelda, The - BS.smc.png

Cleaned up:
Pinball Dreams PAL (I'd put the soddin back cover on upside down haha! Sorted, and cleaned up)
Pinball Dreams.smc.png
Pinball Fantasies (ditto back cover, difficult to clean up such a poor image though)
Pinball Fantasies.smc.png
Pushover
Pushover.smc.png
Kid Klown's Crazy Chase
Kid Klown's Crazy Chase.smc.png
Lemmings 2
Lemmings 2.smc.png

Finally, a couple of Super Mario World romhacks: though I most definitely cheated with these, using the back cover off the SMW US one....*blushes*

Toad's World
Toad's World.smc.png
Mario's Lost World
Mario's Lost World.smc.png
....Still nowhere near the quality made by MS & the gang even updated, but better than they were before, Pinball Dreams especially.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
mightymuffy thanks a lot for working on more SNES covers, in the end I hope we can get a collection as large as the Genesis/MD one, believe me I understand it's a lot of work so I'm not stressing it, I get giddy anytime I see MS or TOW420 update the SNES sets lol. Oh and your improving tons mightymuffy, I'm sure the gang appreciates any work you put in to save them time, that way they just tweak it to fit the bill for upload on the OP.

BTW mastershoes I didn't realize that the SNES set was up-to-date with all covers, so I wanted to apologize in case it sounded like I undermined your work or something, that master set is exactly what I was looking for. Anyway the SNES set is now complete aside from all the covers that MightyMuffy has done which I'm adding now. Thanks a lot everybody, bringing in the new year with the Wii - Video Game Museum Collection is awesome - cuz seriously we have a console that's like a glimpse into the history of all consoles including 5th and 6th gen games too. It's phenomenal.

Reactions: mightymuffy

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awww cheers for the kind words MassiveRican! ...You've got a hidden agenda methinks though, forcing me to carry on with them! :lol: And I'll bite too (it's quite addictive actually, seeing more game covers/trying to beat the MD-Gen amount!)
Lots of SFC RPGs that never made it to the West as you all know, and making covers for the multitude of them that are simply inaccessible to non-Japanese speakers is a step too far for me, and one might argue a teeny bit pointless...
Instead I've sifted through the list of half decent ones that also have finished/nearly finished translations and come up with 10 games: either A-RPG, S-RPG, or good ole fashioned RPG:

Arabian Nights
Burning Heroes
Dark Half
Dual Orb II
Energy Breaker
Madou Monotagari
Marvelous
Monstania
Neugier
Ys V

Also finally found decent pics of the Hamelin no Violin Tamaki box (great game by the way!), doing that one too! Not even LOOKED for any decent cover shots of the above RPGs yet though, never mind started on them, but will have a do on them over the weekend, hopefully get a couple done. That, then, will probably be it from me (I've said that before though!!)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
LoL! no, no hidden agenda my friend, just like to see that count rise and those custom default covers get filled in. I hear you on those great J-RPG's for the SFC, I've spent most of my time playing well translated versions of the games. It's what's made me a current gen RPG lover. The last 2 great RPG's for the Wii, The Last Story & Xenoblade Chronicles were down right gorgeous and fun.

While looking to find the cover pics for the above mentioned games, I wanted ask, if you have time, can u search for Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Devil Story games for the SFC? Doesn't matter which one, either game would be fine. If it's not a fairly easy find I don't want to trouble you with it, just wondered if you would be interested in covers for those games as well.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa, didn't know there were 3 Shin Megami Tensei games on SFC, you learn something new every day! Gamefaqs has decent-ish front and back covers for all of them, could have a do at them, but it'd be after the ones I mentioned soz.... course, if anyone else wants a try with those, by all means!

Arabian Nights
Arabian Nights.smc.png
Burning Heroes
Nekketsu Tairiku Burning Heroes.smc.png
Dark Half
Dark Half.smc.png
Dual Orb II
Dual Orb II.smc.png
Energy Breaker (S-RPG)
Energy Breaker.smc.png
Hamelin no Violin
Hamelin no Violin.png
Madou Monogatari (RPG featuring lead character from the Puyo Puyo series... quite easy/accessible)
Madou Monogatari - Hanamaru Daiyouchienji.smc.png
Marvelous
Marvelous - Mouhitotsu no Takarajima.smc.png
Monstania
Monstania.smc.png
Ys V
Ys V - Ushinawareta Suna no Miyako Kefin.smc.png

(Sunday Night Edit) Neugier bit the dust, can't find good enough pics for that... still a couple more to do, will edit with the rest during the week, then re=post with a link to all my Snes cover posts..;)

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
LMAO, that pair of jugs deserves to be on a WiiFlow screen right :lol:

The cover for Hamelin no Violin looks interesting, I'll have to check the game out now cuz of it lol. See another reason why I love covers is cuz they make me want to play games I would have never looked at, and u find so many good ones!

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Update 01-02-14: Recently, gbatemp member @halen sent me quite a few TRS-80 & Tandy CoCo covers, and i got the first set done 'n ready. TRS-80 is now posted in the "Computer Emulators" section. BIG thanks to halen for his contribution! I just had to do a slight re-alignment, and i named them to what seemed to be the most conventional romset. The set is currently at 26 covers. The CoCo set is closer to 100 covers and will still take a bit to finish up, but it's moving along and will be done relatively soon! Hope everyone had a great New Years!!

BTW mastershoes I didn't realize that the SNES set was up-to-date with all covers, so I wanted to apologize in case it sounded like...
Apologize for nothing! I took it no such way!

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice job on yet another console to hit the ranks with full covers 'Shoes.

Hey Drak, I at least found this:
SHVCPAV6Jactual.jpg
maybe someone will want to pick it up and improve it? For the time being I can mock up a piece of crap cover with this and paint. Hey ToddofWar420 or mastershoes can one of you send me a Wii cover template via PM? I've had this really great custom cover I found for DBZBT 3 that I want to use but the cover I made blows.

demonseed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys,
Totally new to wiiflow, I just figured how to get wii games to work! I would love to have all my emulators set up like this. My question is, do the games have to have the exact name as the snaps? Isn't that a load of work? How does it work to set them up? IS there a how too guide for dummies like me?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,
Totally new to wiiflow, I just figured how to get wii games to work! I would love to have all my emulators set up like this. My question is, do the games have to have the exact name as the snaps? Isn't that a load of work? How does it work to set them up? IS there a how too guide for dummies like me?
The first post by the OP pretty much explains what to do, and even with all the helpful programs it'll still take you a good while to setup (best idea is to do one console at a time, bit by bit) There's unfortunately no magic program that'll do all the work for you in one click (trust me we all wish there was!)

Reactions: Etheboss

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can one of you send me a Wii cover template via PM? I've had this really great custom cover I found for DBZBT 3 that I want to use but the cover I made blows.

Do you use photoshop? I could either send you the .psd (best) or i can throw you a .png.. Lemme know!

The first post by the OP pretty much explains what to do

Unfortunately, with the last update I had to remove the "help" section because i reached the character limit for a post! O.o I figured since it was all posted to the wiiflowwiki i could get rid of it. Anywhoooz, I forgot to throw a link to the wiki in the OP, I'll do that next time I edit it.

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How can i let snes9xgx and fceu to look like this?
Fceultragx.jpg

The name of the games on the left and the covers on the right

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
The first post by the OP pretty much explains what to do, and even with all the helpful programs it'll still take you a good while to setup (best idea is to do one console at a time, bit by bit) There's unfortunately no magic program that'll do all the work for you in one click (trust me we all wish there was!)
Actually the closest thing to a one click solution to set up your covers per console is a sweet little program by Soupaman66 called cover-2-rom it makes things very simple and works like a charm. I suggest making any changes to the rom name if you want using a bulk rename utility then launching this sweet little program, it'll be smooth as butter.

EDIT: My bad for the DP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1