Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oooh, now we're talking with the 2600 covers! :D Cheers mike1, the 2600 was a big family hit and these are great (although I'll have to go round and update everyone's Wii's with these covers now - ouch!)

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna be gone giggin' for the weekend, so I'm not sure when I'll get these done, but here's a quick preview of a Philips VG-5000 set that's I'm building at the moment.

Have a bitchin' weekend everyone!

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just put another SNES cover together and wanted to share it. *UPDATED*
Super Luigi RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
s23yc3.png
True to the game, the only thing I changed was the character design, name, and added 'The year of Luigi' icon. If anyone wants to try to tackle the front logo to replace Mario's name with Luigi's, go ahead. Spine and back logo completed. Enjoy!

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the wiiflow internet bookmark plugin thread
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-internet-bookmark-plugin-pack-with-covers-and-bookmarks.358239/
A bookmark is just a text file containing a url with a .url extension. - I've asked everyone to share their bookmarks, but I was wondering if anyone would like to submit a cover with a bookmark?

A screenshot to show what I mean:
BFLgvKB.png
A really quick and dirty example:
Evv6Ix8.png
So not a big glitzy job - just a screen grab tidied up and copied to the spine, it's only a bookmark!
I thought it'd be a useful convention to have the url on the back cover - i used the 18pt default font from GIMP, but whatevs.
Thanks for looking

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Update 11-26-13: Added a set of covers I created from scratch for the bootleg ass Philips VG 5000. :) Thanks to Wiimpathy for porting the emu / putting the plugin together. It's located in the "Computer Emulators" section near the bottom of the OP. All links & folders live. I may update these yet, but it depends on how much more info i can gather.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a custom cover for Battletoads Arcade. Since the original was all plain white and dull looking I took the time to color the back title, replaced Electronic Arts logo and spine.
MAME and FBA cover:
MAME:
149wizl.png

FBA:
20gikom.png

Reactions: MassiveRican

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to confirm to those curious that ALL Mastershoes' 2D, 3D, and cartridges sets are fully compatible with multiMAN on CFW PS3. I'll edit this post with some screenies when I get the chance. If anybody got a question on how to do it, you can shoot me a PM and I'll send you a breakdown. Thanks.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
-Update 11-26-13: Added a set of covers I created from scratch for the bootleg ass Philips VG 5000. :) Thanks to Wiimpathy for porting the emu / putting the plugin together. It's located in the "Computer Emulators" section near the bottom of the OP. All links & folders live. I may update these yet, but it depends on how much more info i can gather.
Thanks for the covers! The port is from Joapao/David and the original author is Daniel Coulom. There's another emulator from Daniel I tried to port but without success. Perhaps, he could help...
The only ports I made as plugins for less 'underground' machines are O2em (thanx to this damn Consolius for not releasing the source!) and Trs80.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, its taken me a few days, but this thread's been pretty entertaining: we've had a few panties in a twist, some excitedly premature posts (better asked elsewhere) & a lot of great collaboration!
First off, a MASSIVE thanks to MasterShoes for putting together & managing this project superbly, & ToddofWar420--the two of you (almost?) single-handedly carried the first year's-worth of content yourselves! And especially, thanks to Fix94 and ALL the others that've made Wiiflow such a voluptuous beauty!

..btw, who's the one that touched up 'Tactics Ogre - Let Us Cling Together'?
5xd2duvdl6h6iuw5g.jpg
the blue shining out of 'QUEST' KICKS ASS!

bbtw, ran across this in my searches; I highly recommend jumping down to the 25 worst SNES covers--freakin' hilarious!
http://www.destructoid.com/the-top-25-best-and-worst-snes-box-art-of-all-time-208947.pht

Wow, I just now noticed this post. I had no idea that you made some of these covers or I woulda spent the time on some others. Thanks for your time and efforts you've put into these covers and hope to see more from you when you can. As far as the Tactics Ogre - Let Us Cling Together cover, I did put that cov together. But the Quest log was done elsewhere, I just did some minor editing and what not and decided to go with that instead. I'm glad to hear that you like it tho.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every now and again I find myself making a cover that comes to be a real PITA. This is one of which I just finished putting together. I got plenty more done but here's a preview of what I'm working on.
The California Raisins - The Grape Escape (USA) (Unreleased)
2gtrvk5.png
Hope you all like this one and enjoy!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Wiimpathy

I finished the fm-towns covers for scummvm
the ones I have in the pack are LQ
but here're the HQ ones
the names should be:
* indy3-fm.ext
* indy4-fm.ext
* loom-fm.ext
* monkey-fm.ext
* monkey2-fm.ext
* zak-fm.ext
where ext = jpg or png
owsb.jpg

i9f1.jpg

x61c.jpg

bbrx.jpg

chh3.jpg

yugr.jpg

And mastershoes
can you use the Monkey 1/2 alt covers after changing the spines instead of the ones you already have since the alts look a bit different from the fm-town japs
also your zak-fm cover should be renames to zak pc
TY

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finished the fm-towns covers for scummvm

can you use the Monkey 1/2 alt covers after changing the spines instead of the ones you already have since the alts look a bit different from the fm-town japs
also your zak-fm cover should be renames to zak pc
TY

I will rename the zak cover when i do the next update.

From my experience, there are a quite a few games for ScummVM that have multiple formats that work, so i'm sure there are a few instances where there is a similar naming "problem" with the cover like i had with zak-fm.

For example, the Dos, Windows, CD, Amiga, or whatever versions might have have a different name in the ini (game-win, game-cd, game-fm, etc.) And I only have one cover (besides alts) for each game. I simply decided on what name to give them based on the particular version i have. With the lack of great quality artwork available, it's not very plausible to make a cover for every version that exists, so in some cases people may need to re-name a few covers to match there version of the game. However, in this case (fm-towns) since it's a very different cover (being japanese) and you taking the time to put them together, I think I'd like to include them in the next update if you don't mind. I would re-work the spines to match the rest of the set if that's cool with you.

As for monkey 1/2, i prefer to leave them where they're at. I didn't want to use the "Special Edition" covers as the main ones.

Nickb1907

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out with this. I just spent like 4 hours removing NES roms that didn't have a cover or were duplicates. Fixed titles on some of the roms that had the wrong cover. And deleted the .wfc files linked to those roms so that wiiflow would remake the covers.

I thought everything I did would work, but when I loaded it back up everything was the same except now I have roms that show up on wiiflow that don't have files on the HD. So you launch them and they just crash wiiflow.

Any advice? I really just want to clean this all up.

Thanks

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out with this. I just spent like 4 hours removing NES roms that didn't have a cover or were duplicates. Fixed titles on some of the roms that had the wrong cover. And deleted the .wfc files linked to those roms so that wiiflow would remake the covers.

I thought everything I did would work, but when I loaded it back up everything was the same except now I have roms that show up on wiiflow that don't have files on the HD. So you launch them and they just crash wiiflow.

Any advice? I really just want to clean this all up.

Thanks
press the home icon then reload cache button

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Happy Chrimbo Tempers! Muffy back with some more badly made SNES covers :D
PAL format, and mainly either PAL covers of titles not yet done, or Jap SFC covers in a vaguely PAL format hehe.... Horizontal by the way.
Bubsy PAL
Bubsy.smc.png
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder.sfc.png
Cosmo Gan The Video
Cosmo Gang The Video.smc.png
The Firemen
Firemen, The.smc.png
Melfand Stories
Melfand Stories.smc.png
Mickey Mania PAL
Mickey Mania.smc.png
Micro Machines 2
Micro Machines 2.smc.png
Romancing SaGa 3 (alt, I preferred this box hehe)
Romancing SaGa 3.smc.png
Super Aleste PAL (named to use Space Megaforce US rom for Retroarch)
Space Megaforce.smc.png
Super Puyo Puyo 2 Remix
Super Puyo Puyo 2 Remix.smc.png
Theme Park
Theme Park.smc.png
Umihara Kawase
Umihara Kawase.smc.png

Added 27th Dec
Crystal Beans from Dungeon Explorer
Crystal Beans.smc.png
Do-Re-Mi Fantasy
DoReMi Fantasy.smc.png
Psycho Dream
Psycho Dream.smc.png
Spriggan Powered
Spriggan Powered.smc.png
Wagyan Paradise
Wagyan Paradise.smc.png
My other SNES covers (Incl Goemon 2-4, Wonder Project J etc if you like the Super Fami only ones like I do!)

As always, anyone is free to use, update, edit etc any of these!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice set of games u chose to cover, some great stuff there. Hopefully TOW420 or MS can tweak em and add it to a future update for any missing SNES covers. Thanks.

Oh and GBATemp u really need to fix the alerts it's getting ridiculous. I had no idea there was so much activity going on here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome