Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

trev1976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Think i might do that , i was originally planing on doing both but maybe ill only do wiiflow , can you get priiloder do boot straight into wiiflow like you can with usb loader ?

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think i might do that , i was originally planing on doing both but maybe ill only do wiiflow , can you get priiloder do boot straight into wiiflow like you can with usb loader ?
yes you can it can be found here
http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/detail?name=Priiloader-Forwader-Loader-DWFA.dol&can=2&q=

if u need any more help setting up wiiflow i would go to the wiiflow thread here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-an-open-source-gui-usb-loader.204106/

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just droppin' a line to let you guys know i've been putting A LOT of time into these genesis/megadrive covers, thanks to ToW420 for all the time he put in as well. I still have to adjust about half of the covers, then i plan on completely re-organizing everything (have a complete 1 for 1 set, meaning if it's a europe/brazil exclusive game, it will be included in the main set - The main set should clock in around 1000 different game covers). I see people saying sometimes that there's only 500 covers or so in this set ... when in all actuality there's a loot more (my set is at 960) -it's just that some covers do not exist in a USA format, and weren't included in the USA set. All alternates will still be available, and shrunken spine sets will also be made available... Stay Tuned!

kage52124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've created a few that I couldn't find elsewhere.

The spine gave me the most trouble, and therefore the spine may have text that goes into the front/back covers (Wiiflow). I don't feel like fixing them up the rest of the way, and I didn't use exactly the same approaches as those better than myself. Anyone who wants to improve these should, it won't take long but I don't care for the guess/check that I'm doing (once again, I'm sure there's a better way than how I'm doing it).

Front and back covers are from Game Case World.

NES: R.B.I. Baseball 3 (I just used a system font for the spine game title. Arial bold or something.)

RBI Baseball 3.zip.png

SNES Bust-A-Move

Bust-A-Move.zip.png

SNES Venom/Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety

Spider-Man & Venom - Separation Anxiety.zip.png

kage52124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work on these covers kage! We'll gladly fix them up for you to be more WiiFlow friendly if you don't mind :)

Of course I don't mind! If you happened to have some simple templates (The 4 circled snes logo, bordered front/back/spine and otherwise blank etc etc), I'd be more than happy to chip away at some others.

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kage - Thanks for the contributions man, we'll get 'em tweaked & incorporated in the next update. :)

As for the Genesis set - I'm making a lot of progress... probably put 25 f'n hours into this bs since i've started last week... damn near 1900 spines to align, and a lot of levels and fixes along the way.. good news is the shrunken spines look great. I was particularly worried about how the US covers with the slanted lines that go from front cover to back cover and across the spine and how they would turn out, cuz they look jenky as shit when you look at the .png... but low and behold they look flawless in emuflow! I love it when shitz works out. Too bad you can't have shrunken spines without perfectly aligned spines O.o

So Anywayz, this is taking me longer than expected, but will be worth it when it's done. I'm shooting to get it done before next weekend, as I'll be heading into the recording studio with my band for 6 days, and I have to focus a lot of my free time on that these next two weeks.. I'll post again with progress in a few days.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my Nintendo DS cover collection I've been holding onto for a few months now. If I add any more to my collection then you can expect an update.
Thanks to Maxternal for creating the NDS plugin.
http://www.mediafire.com/?h9nzr2ll1i312mi
Covers already include the .nds extension so all you need to do it place folder in wiiflow/boxcovers and reload cache (You might need to rename your coverfolder in your .ini)

I'm not going to get to heavy on these covers yet cuz I'm more focused on the PS1 CD covers.
I did not make these covers, I just picked these up on a few different sites and just resized, coverted, and did a few minor tweaks to my liking.
28u7ojt.png
23ixx95.png

These are not the actual size

Reactions: Dump and Maxternal

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey mike1, anyway you can make a bulk download? Kinda a pain downloading one cover at a time like this..
Thanks for the contributions tho, very nice!
internet has been really bad this weekend ive split them into zips but they keep failing they will be in the same folder when I get them to upload

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Update 01-20-13: Added completely updated Sega Genesis/MegaDrive sets, both Standard and Shrunken Spine sets. ToddofWar420 and I have spent a lot of time on these, hope you enjoy them! Individual download folders are being uploaded and will be available sometime in the near future. I also included a "US Master Set", check out the spoiler for details on that.

@ToddofWar420 - Once we get a few more DS covers together, I'll add them to the OP.

@mike1 - Thanks for the contributions!

Edit: Also, to let you know, I'll be doing the same to the Master System set next.. but i have a lot of important stuff going on the next 2 weeks, so it may take a minute before i get that set done. Going into the recording studio for 6 days, and then shootin' a video! Wheeeeeeeee! :)

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to get loom cover working for my scummvm loom cd in wiiflow. I just can't seem to get it to work. I've put in the boxcover folder. I've kept the loom-vga name, that never worked. I've tried renaming it to loom cd, or just loom. But wiiflow never seems to find it.

Any ideas? Would be nice to have it working for the day that scummvm loads the game up correctly under wiiflow.

mike1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get loom cover working for my scummvm loom cd in wiiflow. I just can't seem to get it to work. I've put in the boxcover folder. I've kept the loom-vga name, that never worked. I've tried renaming it to loom cd, or just loom. But wiiflow never seems to find it.

Any ideas? Would be nice to have it working for the day that scummvm loads the game up correctly under wiiflow.
mastershoes helped me with this look in your scummvm ini and name your .png to whats inside[ ] example sq0.png=

[sq0]

platform=pc

gameid=agi

description=Space Quest 0: Replicated (v1.04/DOS/English)

language=en

path=usb:/ScummVMroms/Space Quest 0 - Replicated (v1.04)

guioptions=sndNoSpeech lang_English

Vincez28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all, i have been reading through this article for a few days now< trying to figure out the locations of my covers for the emulators. I finally figured it out thanks to this article. Great work. i now have another issues i'm using an 8gb SD card for my roms and wiiflow etc, now i have Snes Emulator and Nes emulator on there as well and only A-C covers show up? if i click on download covers like mention in this article and cancel it says NOT ENOUGH MEMORY??? there is only about 2gb being used with about 5.6gb left of space on the card. What do you guys think can be the problem? How would i go about using my usb drive and external HDD for everything instead of loading the sd card with roms? i use the HDD for the wii games.

Thanks<
Vince

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, i have been reading through this article for a few days now< trying to figure out the locations of my covers for the emulators. I finally figured it out thanks to this article. Great work. i now have another issues i'm using an 8gb SD card for my roms and wiiflow etc, now i have Snes Emulator and Nes emulator on there as well and only A-C covers show up? if i click on download covers like mention in this article and cancel it says NOT ENOUGH MEMORY??? there is only about 2gb being used with about 5.6gb left of space on the card. What do you guys think can be the problem? How would i go about using my usb drive and external HDD for everything instead of loading the sd card with roms? i use the HDD for the wii games.

Thanks<
Vince
wiiflow creates .wfc files to connect the cover to the game these files take up room on the drive as well make sure you didn't fill the sd card if thats not the problem your sd card might be slow try a different sd card if you got one

good luck man and welcome to the temp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt