PS1/2 Couple questions about PS1 "backups"

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here you can find old AP/trainer patches: http://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_patches.shtml

Back in the day when was busy swapping pirate PSX games on school, I use nero or clonecd for making PSX backups.
Many cdr's I have burned using those programs,I always burn them on low speed (like 4 or 6x) and used alot off cdr brands.
Mosly I perfer Platinum,Arita and Philips cdr's

I remember something, that if you use the PSone you need a some kind off boot disc to play NTSC games in color.

For PSX games I prefer using a Raspberry Pi 3 with RetroPi on it,works great.
And it looks better (with scanlines) then using a real PSX with RGB cable on a LCD/LED tv.

@Alex658 Thanks for that AP link, love read that kind off stuff ;)

Reactions: Alex658

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Here you can find old AP/trainer patches: http://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_patches.shtml

Back in the day when was busy swapping pirate PSX games on school, I use nero or clonecd for making PSX backups.
Many cdr's I have burned using those programs,I always burn them on low speed (like 4 or 6x) and used alot off cdr brands.
Mosly I perfer Platinum,Arita and Philips cdr's

I remember something, that if you use the PSone you need a some kind off boot disc to play NTSC games in color.

For PSX games I prefer using a Raspberry Pi 3 with RetroPi on it,works great.
And it looks better (with scanlines) then using a real PSX with RGB cable on a LCD/LED tv.

@Alex658 Thanks for that AP link, love read that kind off stuff ;)

I know this is off-topic but, what is -exactly- a raspberry pi 3?
I know it's a micro cpu that uses ARM arch, but what software does it run, linux, windows, propietary?
Do you need to actually build it inside a case to be able to use it?
I'm curious.

on-topic
Why don't you buy one of this cables?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valueline-...id=1474734818&sr=8-3&keywords=rca+male+female
In case you have a composite cable for the psp, that is. They may sell a component variant though.

It seems like the easiest, workless, simplest solution for you, just get a good use to that ol' psp of yours and that's it. no more IMG burning.

Reactions: DaFixer

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A Raspberry Pi 3 is a low cost mini computer, what you can use for many projects.
It can run many OS's like Linux,Windows,Android,enc. RetroPie is a OS with a collection off emulators,with a very nice GUI controlled only by a PS3 controller.
I'm busy to build a retropie setup using a old PSX case, and at home I use 2 Kodi (media center) setup's to watch my HD media in sleeproom and livingroom.
Both Kodi setups run on a Raspberry Pi 2 and a Raspberry Pi 3 ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"