Homebrew (Could this be possible ?) FTP Server while running apps ?

Possible ?

• Total voters

Exavold

eeh
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone , I'm using FTP apps/homebrew a lot (because I hate taking in and out my SD card all the time) and I was wondering if it would be possible to have a FTP server running while using games/apps ?

(I do realise that this is probably really hard to do , and maybe even impossible but I still wanted to know what are your thoughts on this idea)

Thanks for reading :)

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't think that's possible, since it would require two apps being open at the same time (FTP client and whatever you're running), unless you specifically made an app that does other things while keeping a FTP connection established.
But even if it was possible, what could be the advantage in doing that?

Reactions: Exavold

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be too much for the console but in theory you could have an ntr plugin for the homemenu that can start FTP but that might not even be possible.

Reactions: Exavold

Uziskull

Picture may not be real
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You misunderstood me. I read that you used it a ton, but my question was why would you want to run both things at the same time?
The only advantage I can think of is having something to do while transferring large files, but do you really have that many large file transfers to do daily? Also, if it was possible, multitasking would slow down the whole FTP operation, surely.

Exavold

eeh
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You misunderstood me. I read that you used it a ton, but my question was why would you want to run both things at the same time?
The only advantage I can think of is having something to do while transferring large files, but do you really have that many large file transfers to do daily? Also, if it was possible, multitasking would slow down the whole FTP operation, surely.
Not really , it's just small files (VC CIAs , ROMs for emus etc ...)

I get your point though.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
If we can capture video on a New 3DS over Wi-Fi, I think it'd be reasonable to see an FTP service that ran in the background. The source of NTR might be needed for it to actually happen, though. That, or someone who's very dedicated.

SakifX9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If we can capture video on a New 3DS over Wi-Fi, I think it'd be reasonable to see an FTP service that ran in the background. The source of NTR might be needed for it to actually happen, though. That, or someone who's very dedicated.
but the new 3DS has additional hardware related to video encoding which is used to enable the video capture.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but the new 3DS has additional hardware related to video encoding which is used to enable the video capture.
It also uses a huge chunk of ARM11 time. Try streaming with the clock speed turned up, and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended