Homebrew Question Could the Maintenance Mode menu help with homebrew?

Could this help in homebrew and CFW hacks?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • No.

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Possibly.

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

treyplayx3

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking on SwitchBrew. And found out the if you hold both the volume buttons during bootup. It'll boot you into a Mode where you can Update (On 2.0.0 and up, 1.0.0 won't show the option.) And Reset the console with (or without) save data, screenshots, and user information. It also said it could possibly erase update data. I took a picture of the menu and updated the Recovery Mode menu with that picture. The picture is at this link: http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Recovery_Mode. If there is a 1.0.0 CFW (or homebrew) hack. This could be very helpful! So think this could help in homebrew or CFW hacks?

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was looking on SwitchBrew. And found out the if you hold both the volume buttons during bootup. It'll boot you into a Mode where you can Update (On 2.0.0 and up, 1.0.0 won't show the option.) And Reset the console with (or without) save data, screenshots, and user information. It also said it could possibly erase update data. I took a picture of the menu and updated the Recovery Mode menu with that picture. The picture is at this link: http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Recovery_Mode. If there is a 1.0.0 CFW (or homebrew) hack. This could be very helpful! So think this could help in homebrew or CFW hacks?

its not.

its not gonna undo installed updates.
it just removes downloaded update data to temporarily disable update nags and is able to restart an update in case you lose power during one.
like the recovery mode in pretty much every system

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Off-topic but just a suggestion, you should probably change your icon.
Given that you look around 12, a lot of people aren't going to take you seriously when it comes to this stuff. Giving your full name as you added on the Wiki and pic - especially at your age on the internet isn't a good idea.

Last edited by Kourin,

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a pic of maintenance mode in 1.0 for those curious.

aw03hpd.jpg

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well in theory it could if you had nintendo private and public encryption key
otherwise no
And even it would require a lot of work and already knowing how the system work exactly
So let's assume that it is useless

Last edited by Alkéryn,
D

Deleted User

The same thing is on android.
Hold power button and recovery.
Still, think why we install custom recovery.... STOCK DOESN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING.
It just allows us to test beeping, speakers and change bios clock ._.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The same thing is on android.
Hold power button and recovery.
Still, think why we install custom recovery.... STOCK DOESN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING.
It just allows us to test beeping, speakers and change bios clock ._.
It could be usefull if you had nintendo encryption key and already know perfectly how the system work
then you could make a cutsom "rom" with their signature and spoof there server via dns for the switch to download it instead from nintendo serv

But meh we don't know how the system work and never will fully understand how it work
plus if we had nintendo encryption keys that would be the least of our problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning