Hacking Could someone hack the Japanese voices into the US Klonoa?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I'm all for dubs, but only when they're good and as someone who's played and loved the Japanese Klonia remake I really can't get over how terrible the voices in the US version are, especially Klonoa's, I mean he sounds like friggin Sonic and the voice doesn't fit his appearance in the slightest.

So guys, you think it's possible for someone to replace the English voices with the Japanese ones and all we'd have to do is download a patch and apply it to the ISO?

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, unless you know Japanese, the Phantomile language isn't that far off. I tend to prefer made-up languages in games anyway, since you can read the dialogue how you want.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really like gibberish languages in games at all, I don't know Japanese and am too lazy to learn it but I can understand a quite a bit considering i watch a ton of anime, plus i can tell JApanese from other foreign languages easily.
But hey, unless someone makes an undub i guess the made up language will have to do, I was a complete and utter moron to delete my Japanese save before starting the US version.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Would this be difficult to do? Could it possibly be as simple as replacing a few audio files in one version with those in another? I mean, that would be really cool. Failing that... you could “hack” the english text into the japanese version i suppose. That would likely be lot moar complex though...

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I can tell "Undubs" seem to be fairly easy to do, there's quite a few for the DS and the PS2 has some too.
With the way the Wii is, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I thought that Phantomile was what they used in the Japanese version. I guess not. Personally I'm playing it on Phantomile it sounds good.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nah, they used actual Japanese voice acting and it was very good, i can't read japanese at all, but i can understand some spoken japanese it seems so i was able to get most of what was going on...cause you know i never played the PS1 game
wink.gif
but seriously i've forgotten pretty much everything from the PS1 game so i could tell what was happening thanks to the voiuce acting at times.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sadly 4 years later and I can't do it. There is sound folder and I thought replacing it would work but no luck, when I did that, main menu sounds became weird as hell.
I tried then reverse thing and to copy something that I thought could make english text in Japanese version but that failed too and I instead got bunch of @@@@@@@@@@@@ symbols in main menu instead of any text.

NelloPed

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is anybody still interested in this? I made one. Brawlbox/Brawlcrate was all I needed. I am someone that wanted an Undub for this game as long as I knew about it.
I'd post the files and instructions on how to patch your EU/US copy in later today as a GDrive link.

NelloPed

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here is the link:

drive [dot] google [dot] com / drive / folders / 1HKekvC8Atw0WFXUx1VOoxhk_3VdvUWHL

(You have to remove all spaces)
Have fun with the Japanese voice acting!

Reactions: duwen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker