Gaming Could my Wii burn out

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is something that I should have asked sooner... I have the Nintendo Wii and mine is if not 7 close to 7 years old and I love it dearly it brought me into the video game world. but one thing concerns me could I burn out like my cousins n64 did when they were my age. I just don't want history to repeat itself. now I don't know the playing conditions that their n64 was in but I believe it just conked out from years of play. And this concerns me could the same happen to my beloved Nintendo Wii. Over the years it could have sometimes been left on for a week but that was years ago and I take damn good of that old grandpa Wii nowadays but I'm just kinda paranoid you know so if someone could provide reassurance or facts please let me know... THANKS!!!

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it can break due to extensive use and/or physical damage, like any electronic device. It most likely won't, but your disc drive could very well stop working.
Wiis are cheap now, so you probably wouldn't have trouble replacing it if it stopped working.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
this is something that I should have asked sooner... I have the Nintendo Wii and mine is if not 7 close to 7 years old and I love it dearly it brought me into the video game world. but one thing concerns me could I burn out like my cousins n64 did when they were my age. I just don't want history to repeat itself. now I don't know the playing conditions that their n64 was in but I believe it just conked out from years of play. And this concerns me could the same happen to my beloved Nintendo Wii. Over the years it could have sometimes been left on for a week but that was years ago and I take damn good of that old grandpa Wii nowadays but I'm just kinda paranoid you know so if someone could provide reassurance or facts please let me know... THANKS!!!
Turn off standby mode. That's the only thing known to destroy Wiis (besides the various way you can brick it, of course)
It won't kill it, but it can cause graphical artifacts that won't go away.
Generally Wiis seem pretty sturdy, besides that one thing they don't have any known issues over time like the 360's RRoD.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

azzarod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The disc drive is the component most likely to burn out through usage over time.

Other than that, so long as it's not too hot or too dusty, it should last a good long time. But alas, all things eventually wear out. :(

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Yes, do not play COD MW3 on your old wiis the spinning and constant reading will kill your wii's lazer. besides that the wii is a low power device so it won't burn out anytime soon. Buy extra wii montion plus remotes though because I have had my 2 originals just die one day. And don't leave you batteries in the wiimontes for more than 3 weeks they might WILL leak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back