Hacking Could a Four Swords DSiware dump be possible now?

Alexisss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I get my GW and figure out how to dump cias, I will dump this game.
Also,
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/KeepCirculatingTheTapes/VideoGames
  • The DSiWare port of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords was a free download that was only available for a limited amount of time on two occasions. Now that the game has been taken down, the only way to get it is to buy a used DSi or 3DS that has the game downloaded to it or has it in its purchase history.

"Keep circulating the tapes" <3

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Dumping DSiware isn't the issue, it's using it. Gateway has broken DSi mode, so it won't boot; you'll just get a black screen.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i have the jp one on my 3ds, i have dumped it, i have a cia, but sure, it won't work since gw does not support ds stuff, it's as simple as that.

if you want to dump dsiware, use FunkyCIA :) it's so easy

Reactions: Kelton2

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I will. Unfortunately even though I did -type dsiware and I only had one piece of dsiware (this) it's downloading a whole bunch of anonymous crap, so i'll have to zip it up and pm the link to that so someone with the capabillity to install cias on emunand can figure out which one it is (and then tell me, please)

If it helps, the game's unique ID seems to be 0x4B513945 (called "Initial Code" for some reason..). Mario vs. DK Minis March Again is 0x4b444d45.

Reactions: Kelton2

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strange, I have the four swords installed on my sysnand and have since I got my 3ds (zelda anniversary edition) but I'm assuming that it is DSi ware and not 3DSware, correct? Otherwise I'd dump the game. Seems pointless if it wouldn't work.

I even tried formatting my system nand and the game stays, so it's definitely installed to the nand itself and not on the SD.

If anything could be done with it, I think plenty of people would've dumped it previously, surely?

Reactions: Maximilious

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes, that one.

The Legend of Zelda - Four Swords Anniversary Edition, released as DSiWare and 3DSWare
it was released on the 3ds store, but as dsiware, not 3dsware. it runs in dsi mode, that is the problem.

I will. Unfortunately even though I did -type dsiware and I only had one piece of dsiware (this) it's downloading a whole bunch of anonymous crap, so i'll have to zip it up and pm the link to that so someone with the capabillity to install cias on emunand can figure out which one it is (and then tell me, please)

what anonymous stuff? what do you mean by anonymous?
are you sure you only have one piece of dsiware? it should only download what you tell it to.
you also could have used -title TITLEIDHERE, and it would have gotten just what you wanted.

but still, it cannot be used yet.
sure, i guess one day we can use it but don't think you are making any breakthroughs that other people have not thought about :D

PM with possible (not sure if right file) download link sent to ShadowOne333
but of course if you want to ignore all the information people have previously said and you believe they are wrong, sure, pm people your game and let them try... ha

Reactions: tony_2018

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i expect so, it's not about the home menu reading it (and you can have games that are broken that still display on home menu anyway)

I have a feeling the reason why its not loading is because it its not booting up in ds mode so it continues to look for, I would say, checkpoint?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my biggest wishes would be to boot DSi enhanced DS games (or even DSi exclusive titles).
There is a group out there that can dump them 100% correctly since yesterday, so the timing would be great.

Maybe GW will one day update their red card to support all 3 types of games, that would be a killer feature.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I FUCKING DID IT!

I GOT ZELDA FOUR SWORDS ANNIVERSARY EDITION WORKING ON MY 3DS WITH THE CIA KELTON2 PROVIDED! DX

Kelton2, cearp

I am already making a tutorial for this on a separate thread, stay tuned!

Reactions: cearp and Kelton2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse