Corruption In Games Journalism, or "Five Guys Burgers and Fries"

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, either I am now remarkably tolerant or I stopped being a connoisseur of gaming whine and moved to a lesser form. One is unlikely and the other is disturbing.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phil Fish is gone for good? Amen!

He's gone for good...again. Like a leaky toilet, I'm sure he'll return to stinking things up soon enough.

On a somewhat similar note...

euLmhTs.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Believing that women even need white knighting in the 21st century is backwards and sexist to begin with - I'm pretty sure that a grown-ass woman can fend for herself in this day and age. White knighting only reinforces the stereotype that women are a weaker sex that requires constant protection.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Believing that women even need white knighting in the 21st century is backwards and sexist to begin with - I'm pretty sure that a grown-ass woman can fend for herself in this day and age. White knighting only reinforces the stereotype that women are a weaker sex that requires constant protection.

Pfffft...

You would know wouldn't you, you patriarchal cisscumbag. ;O;

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's the great irony, isn't it? Same with the "cultural appropriation" hullabaloo.

"I don't like different cultures intermingling and interacting... but YOU are the racist."

Reactions: Foxi4

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Disclaimer: I just got up and didn't do my morning rituals yet, so the following might be even more bitter than usual.

I pride myself on being a heterosexual male and a great partner for my heterosexual girlfriend, we could be the poster couple for Cisscum Magazine. ;O;

Oh, so she is a neckbearded basement dweller, too? *duck and cover*

That's the great irony, isn't it? Same with the "cultural appropriation" hullabaloo.

"I don't like different cultures intermingling and interacting... but YOU are the racist."

Nah, it seems you misunderstand. All oppressed groups (be it now or sometimes in the past) have the right to get some time in the oppressive role now, because "Eye for an Eye". That's why PoC are allowed to keep white slaves, Muslims are allowed to do their holy crusades and statements like "Die cishets!" and #killallmen are A-OK.

And as those oppressed usually are believed to be quite undereducated they need white nights to tell them of those revenge oppression rights, just like ambulance chasing lawyers tell you how much money you can make.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intel's dropped Gamasutra due to the "shifts in editorial posturing."

h5WqpM1.jpg

Looks like we've got another rising figure in the pro-censorship, pro-corruption group: Alex Lifschitz

His full, crazy-town-banana-pants speech, if you're interested.

d4TK8ZD.jpg

By the way, you know how he's promoting and praising Depression Quest in his speech? Well, guess who he's now dating?

tvjrcr6.jpg
It never ends, this shit.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I missed out on the gamasutra stuff, I shall have to find out what they did.

However I am more upset but the appalling language being used by our new friend bkifft
"insert your choos, engender here" indeed...

What filth, how can we aim to rise above those we aim to cover when we allow such things here.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I missed out on the gamasutra stuff, I shall have to find out what they did.
IIRC they published the first "Gamers are over" article (written by the lovely Leigh Alexander who does in no way whatsoever behave like a bitch and never has). Also I believe they hosted the "I will defend every woman on the field of honor, choose your weapon" piece.

edit: Gamers are over by "Le Megaphoney": https://archive.today/l1kTW
Gamersgate: [sic] STFU : (mirror of a mirror because it was taken down again in a NY minute) https://archive.today/TshVv

However I am more upset but the appalling language being used by our new friend bkifft
"insert your choos, engender here" indeed...

What filth, how can we aim to rise above those we aim to cover when we allow such things here.
[/quote]

I humbly ask for ex_culpation for my my not up_standing behavior, but I'm st_ill a hu_man after all. I'd even be w_illing to let you/yis/squirrel educ_ate me in not triggering langu_age.

As a sign of good faith I'll even don_ate a few choos: "Choo choo"

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone needs a reminder:

r8QQu2V.png

RcxvLBA.png
None of that is photoshopped, by the way.

I know the "We're just bloggers, so we don't standards!" argument is the go-to defense for these people, but honestly, that's just an insult to bloggers at this point.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone needs a reminder:

None of that is photoshopped, by the way.

I know the "We're just bloggers, so we don't standards!" argument is the go-to defense for these people, but honestly, that's just an insult to bloggers at this point.

I like The Verge's post more.

Sol0SHG.png

WOOOOOO TORTURE AND TERRORISM!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2