Hacking Correct Dump ?

Mat37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! I dumped my 32GB mlc (on a 64GB sd) with nanddumper, and as output i got 15 files, 14 of 2GB, and the last one is about 1.1GB, is it normal or should all the files have same size ?
NOTE : I didn't see if it gives an error, was not looking at the screen for 2hours ^^
Thank for answers

Last edited by Mat37,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that's normal. Since your sysnand is 32gb and you can't put a file on fat32 SD card bigger than 4gb the program splits it up. After you copy it over to your computer you can join them with a single command into one file. I don't remember the command. Ill look it up for you and edit my post.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last file size is never going to be exact same as other file sizes. It's all the leftovers after the last file creation. If there is only a gig or two left to dump then it's not going to make extra blank data so that it's exactly the same file size as the others. That's why everybody is going to have a different number of files and the last file is always going to be a different size. Here's the command to run on your windows machine to combine it to a single mlc.bin file. You'll need it as a single file if you ever want to use a teensy to flash it to nand.

Change the command to make it match your file names. From a cmd prompt run this in the directory of your nand dump:

copy /b mlc.bin.part01 + mlc.bin.part02 + mlc.bin.part03 + mlc.bin.part04 + mlc.bin.part05 + mlc.bin.part06 + mlc.bin.part07 + mlc.bin.part08 + mlc.bin.part09 + mlc.bin.part10 + mlc.bin.part11 + mlc.bin.part12 + mlc.bin.part13 + mlc.bin.part14 + mlc.bin.part15 mlc.bin

Reactions: Mat37

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse