Homebrew Correct/Best way to burn ROMS onto DVD?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lost my ROM DVD that had roms for a bunch of different systems and decided to burn another one. Everything works fine...well except that the names of the folders are in all capitals and contain _, when browsing the roms you only see the first 5 or so letters so it makes it difficult to tell what games are what, especially the sonic's/mario's/pokemon's/etc.

What am I supposed to do to make the folder and rom names show up normally? ImgBurn is currently set to ISO9660 + UDF? I think I'm supposed to set it to ISO9660 + Joliet to get the full names but I'm not 100% sure can anyone confirm so I don't end up wasting another DVD? Thanks for any help.

D

Deleted-119707

Bladexdsl said:
why not use sd card and the homebrew emulators much better, faster and you can update them way easier?
exactly. sdhc cards arnt really that expensive too. it will save a lot of hassle.

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, though sadly none of them of any interest to me.

I want these on DVD on purpose, I have 4.7GB of storage on one of these, so if I burn my entire system collection it, I can have NES/SNES/Genesis/Gameboy/Gameboy Color/SMS/GG/NGP/TG16, every game ever released for these sytems for every region and BARELY have it fit on 4.7GB. That's why I want it on the DVD, it's the enitre collection on one DVD I just have to pop into the Wii and have access to every game ever made for these sytems and for my emulators on Wii. That's why I prefer one DVD. It's simple/centralized. The loading is also not any slower, games load just as fast as DVD, you just have to wait 1 second to mount the DVD.

Anyway does anyone know? Or should I risk burning another DVD?

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I did,

In your DVD each gaming system should have it's own folder. All of your NES roms goes into NES folder, Gameboy roms goes into your Gameboy folder...ect

That way when you run the emulator on the Wii it's nice and organized. Oh your running NES emulator I need to open up the NES folder and VOLIA all of your NES (and Just the nes ) games are there.

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's how I do it too. I figued it out though, in IMGBURN, set it to ISO9066+Joliet+UDF and the full filenames will come up, my video game anthology is complete!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
ISO/UDF is an extension for ISO9660 on DVD that remains compatible with iso9660
emulators only supports ISO9660 normally
Joliet is a File Format extension to let you handle long file names and extended characters

so use ISO/UDF+Joliet

PS: i also agree that using DVD for roms is the best , no need for hanged USB harddrives on the back of your wii, no problems with corrupted sd, favorite roms collection safely stored in your Wii...
and it's stupid to store entire goodXXX romsets on a hard drive when they are full of bad dumps, minor variations and shitty games you will never play in your life
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM