Hacking Official Corbenik - Another CFW for advanced users (with bytecode patches!)

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the updator, it works, but now it won't boot system menu. I select launch system, and it says firmwareload fail.
I'm getting that too, but it installs regular corbenik fine... It's really odd to me...

Edit: I found the issues, you have to replace the FIRM files and copy over any missing files from your Corbenik folder. The updater provided corrupted FIRM files and didn't provide some files for me. Afterwards, it worked fine...

How do I report bugs when using skeith?
Edit: Skeith doesn't like HighMem games on O3DS.... IDK why..

Last edited by BARNWEY,

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
@chaoskagami
I'm having compilation issues with the new commits, not sure if is due the fact that I updated the devkitARM to r46 or if is a new compilation bug

Yeah, looks devkitPro related. I'm still using r45 on my laptop, so I guess I'll blame r46 for this. Seems easy enough to resolve, anyways.

I was only using sigpatches and firm protection. Going to try to get the ancient sysdowngraders to work so I can at least have access to signed test menu, devmenu, and some other titles... Fwiw, I tried using a cn dump, but that failed... Might be due to me installing it while on 11.x?

I have no idea. 2.x isn't exactly the most stable firmware. Most of the pre-rewrite firmware versions are physically incompatible with post-rewrite applications. It's not like one would want to run 2.x for a very long time, so if anything I'd say that's more a PoC than anything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It doesn't work, I'll try using Skeith later. For now, I have to go, sorry dude...

Yeah, please use the hourly from jenkins: https://j.chaos.moe/

The stable release is old now. Ancient, even, and there are a few known issues in it. I keep telling myself to make a new stable release and not doing it. :/

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, looks devkitPro related. I'm still using r45 on my laptop, so I guess I'll blame r46 for this. Seems easy enough to resolve, anyways.

Btw, I was reading your code, you asked to someone to remember you to fix a thing in reboot.c and in module.c there is a "SUPER FIXME 9000: DO NOT LEAVE AS IS" somewhere.
Just remembering you. You probably remember all of this, but it just feel right to report. :3

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Btw, I was reading your code, you asked to someone to remember you to fix a thing in reboot.c and in module.c there is a "SUPER FIXME 9000: DO NOT LEAVE AS IS" somewhere.
Just remembering you. You probably remember all of this, but it just feel right to report. :3

module.c: It'll keep working as long as nintendo doesn't release a FIRM that's ridiculously larger. It's fine for now. I added that as a reminder that I should be properly realloc'ing there. The memory corruption notice is a renmant of back when things were (somehow) working with the old non-newlib allocator. That should probably be cleaned out.

reboot.c: Nothing actually broken. Just a reminder to myself to rewrite that; and given that I'm going over and cleaning up all the code, that's pretty irrelevant.

I do a grep every once in a while for when I leave a fixme. Trust me, I haven't forgotten. I'm not a little kid. :P

Just checked; devkitpro r46 requires changes to ctrulib, and corbenik uses its own fork, which wasn't updated yet
edit: ninja'd by 19 minutes, whoops

I already fixed ctrulib (probably) but compilation of r46 is proving annoying. I'm doing an `emerge =gcc-6.3.0` since I suspect I need GCC 6.3 to build it (which is sad.) Anyways, whenever this finishes compiling and I test, changes will be pushed. It's also probably going to render the code incompatible with r45.

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
module.c: It'll keep working as long as nintendo doesn't release a FIRM that's ridiculously larger. It's fine for now. I added that as a reminder that I should be properly realloc'ing there. The memory corruption notice is a renmant of back when things were (somehow) working with the old non-newlib allocator. That should probably be cleaned out.

reboot.c: Nothing actually broken. Just a reminder to myself to rewrite that; and given that I'm going over and cleaning up all the code, that's pretty irrelevant.

I do a grep every once in a while for when I leave a fixme. Trust me, I haven't forgotten. I'm not a little kid. :P

I already fixed ctrulib (probably) but compilation of r46 is proving annoying. I'm doing an `emerge =gcc-6.3.0` since I suspect I need GCC 6.3 to build it (which is sad.) Anyways, whenever this finishes compiling and I test, changes will be pushed. It's also probably going to render the code incompatible with r45.
code will be incompatible with r45 for sure;
there was a bug once that made it impossible to compile gcc5 with gcc6, not sure about the other way around

Reactions: chaoskagami

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
code will be incompatible with r45 for sure;
there was a bug once that made it impossible to compile gcc5 with gcc6, not sure about the other way around

It's funny because for all that gcc6 brought to the table, it broke a lot. It's actually masked on Gentoo since it breaks half of the packages in portage.

Anyways, I'm hopeful that it's only ctrulib that needs to be updated. Given all the warning flags I have on and that most are also -Werror -- my code is standard C aside from a few uses of __attribute__ and cast alignment issues (which actually aren't; memalign.)

Reactions: ketal

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I do a grep every once in a while for when I leave a fixme. Trust me, I haven't forgotten. I'm not a little kid.
Oh!! I didn't mean to offend you, sorry if it sound like it. >.<
I just got a little scared about a fixme with only upper cases and in the reboot.c you asked to someone to remember you about, so I did it

I'm really really sorry if I offended you. >.<

Reactions: chaoskagami

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh!! I didn't mean to offend you, sorry if it sound like it. >.<
I just got a little scared about a fixme with only upper cases and in the reboot.c you asked to someone to remember you about, so I did it

I'm really really sorry if I offended you. >.<

Aw, jeez. Nah, not offended~

Uppercase with me is usually when I'm tired and push something incomplete. If I actually needed to fix it; it'd be fixed. Immediately. Next commit. Heh.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've been keeping up with the nightlies for quite some time and they've been extremely stable for me. Why not after this bug is fixed, push out a stable release?
If anything, the Stable release will really be welcomed with the Pokemon S/M patch working without any hassle.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have no idea. 2.x isn't exactly the most stable firmware. Most of the pre-rewrite firmware versions are physically incompatible with post-rewrite applications. It's not like one would want to run 2.x for a very long time, so if anything I'd say that's more a PoC than anything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, please use the hourly from jenkins: https://j.chaos.moe/

The stable release is old now. Ancient, even, and there are a few known issues in it. I keep telling myself to make a new stable release and not doing it. :/
Alright, thank you. I was using Corbenik Updater to download Skeith and it didn't work correctly (like HighMem games wouldn't load.) I'll try skeith from there later...

chaoskagami

OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank you. I was using Corbenik Updater to download Skeith and it didn't work correctly (like HighMem games wouldn't load.) I'll try skeith from there later...

I think his updater fetches from my jenkins, but I'm unsure. I can't officially support the updater.

Anyways, R46 should work now. I'm crossing my fingers that next jenkins build succeeds (and is sane.) Triggering it manually.

Last edited by chaoskagami,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...