Hacking Copying saved file from one Wii U to another?

Hitaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read online that if you transfer a save file from one Wii U to another it wipes the save clean from the original system. As it stands, with Super Smash Bros for the Wii U coming out tournaments are looking for ways to incorporate custom move sets into the competitive scene. One of the major concerns if having enough systems with everything unlocked. It would be a shame if this wonderful feature was pushed aside because of this. Is there a work around for this issue?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately there is currently no way to copy a save from one Wii U to another and keep the save on both systems. If you try via USB, the Wii U you're copying to will ask you to format it and hence the save will be gone. You can do a system file transfer, however this wipes everything off of the Wii U you're copying from.

Hitaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I was really hoping that there was some form of workaround that someone had discovered. I really want to believe there is.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you can transfer your custom characters via Amiibos (edit: not entirely certain on that part, but I thought I read that somewhere... if not, don`t quote me on that XD) , also I believe official tournaments will provide wiiu`s with completely unlocked saves...

Hitaku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rule set that the community will use for "Official" tournaments is based on the same rule set they use for smaller tournaments. Tournaments rarely have enough systems on their own. Almost all all of them ask people to bring their own systems for the tournament organizers to use. If unlocking custom moves proves to be too time consuming for the average person, we're going to be severely limited in the number of systems that we have to use. If this was the case, they would be banned from competitive play at least for a decent period of time despite their value to the game. I would hate to see this happen, which is why I came here hoping to find a way to transfer save data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I thought dbz abridged ended at the cell saga