Hacking Converting PS3 Backups to PKGs?

mrgames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one go about doing so? Pretty noobish, and would love to skip booting into Multiman, and having the game accessible via XMB. Any and all help is very much appreciated!

Flashed

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How does one go about doing so? Pretty noobish, and would love to skip booting into Multiman, and having the game accessible via XMB. Any and all help is very much appreciated!

You can use Webman instead. I don't recommend you doing that

mrgames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looked into it, why don't you recommend it? Any chance you know of any way to change backup on PC to PKG, which can then be installed via Package Installer ?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
usually people want the other way around (pkg -> extracted JB) and the main reason is internal HDD space.

you can always copy your games to internal HDD and use webman or sMAN to load those games on the XMB itself without the extra step of loading Multiman if your kinnda lazy

mrgames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usually people want the other way around (pkg -> extracted JB) and the main reason is internal HDD space.

you can always copy your games to internal HDD and use webman or sMAN to load those games on the XMB itself without the extra step of loading Multiman if your kinnda lazy

I see, was directed to the TrueAncestor PKG Packer, which would do exactly what I desire, though would you be so great as to elaborate on why a PKG is bigger than Backup/GameFolder?

Last edited by mrgames,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet