Hacking Converting from Loadline

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hi all!

First off, I want to say in advance that I am so sorry for asking but I poured over the forums and there seems to be a complete unorganized information overload with this new USB method haha

I have loadline working with a huge 256gb SD card but am super interested in porting them over to the USB method.

From what I understand, the backup needs to be on both disk and eshop in the same region.

Have a on of (ready2play) loadline backups working with loadline. Is there a way to get the information needed from these?

How would one handle this?

Thanks a ton guys!! Such a great community here!!

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all!

First off, I want to say in advance that I am so sorry for asking but I poured over the forums and there seems to be a complete unorganized information overload with this new USB method haha

I have loadline working with a huge 256gb SD card but am super interested in porting them over to the USB method.

From what I understand, the backup needs to be on both disk and eshop in the same region.

Have a on of (ready2play) loadline backups working with loadline. Is there a way to get the information needed from these?

Its a fresh start unfortunately, None of the Loadiine backups you have will work with the USB method. There's a How-To tutorial in this section.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all!

Redownload the games you want in encrypted format + their tickets (you can use FunKiiU and JNUSTool for that), and convert your saves with Saviine (there's a guide on the forum somewhere for that)

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
I am so sorry guys but I am still confused here. Saviine I understand but the tutorial linked is still a tad confusing.

According to the tutorial you:

Extract a ticket from a WUD - Use FunkiiU to get the WUD?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so sorry guys but I am still confused here. Saviine I understand but the tutorial linked is still a tad confusing.

According to the tutorial you:

Extract a ticket from a WUD - Use FunkiiU to get the WUD?
Funkiiu will download the encrypted game files from nus and the ticket. You don't need to download a WUD because someone else already did that.

This program gives you all the files you need to install a game.

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
OK GOT IT ALL WORKING!!!

Few questions. When I go install them with the WUD installer, it sees the different folders but I have to do them 1 by 1. Is there a way to set it to just do all of them? When one finishes, just move onto the next?

Some games boot with a "checking update" My wiiU is NOT online so it will eventually just finish and I can hit continue anyway. Is there a way to disable games from checking for updates when launching?

Also, I guess you use NUSgrabber to get updates? I have the GUI version but am a little confused. Do you just hit the game updates section, hit latest, download it and install it with the WUD installer tool?

THANKS!

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Read that I got it all working but there is no mention of the update thing. I actually just used NUSgrabber to grab updates and installed them.

Now from what I understand, the updates do not show separately in the wiiU as patches.

EXAMPLE:
I had a "prepare update" EVERY time I launched it. Then it would detect no internet and continue. I installed the update with the wup installer to the external HDD USB (same as where the game is installed) and now I dont get the nag anymore. Assuming the update installed then? Anyway to check an installed games version?

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Read that I got it all working but there is no mention of the update thing. I actually just used NUSgrabber to grab updates and installed them.

Now from what I understand, the updates do not show separately in the wiiU as patches.

EXAMPLE:
I had a "prepare update" EVERY time I launched it. Then it would detect no internet and continue. I installed the update with the wup installer to the external HDD USB (same as where the game is installed) and now I dont get the nag anymore. Assuming the update installed then? Anyway to check an installed games version?
Go in to system setting & data management, Check your internal/external HDD where you installed the game, Click on the game forlder & you should see the game data, Save data & update data.

If you installed the update & dont get the update nag anymore, You've installed the latest update.

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
OHH its IN the game. Sorry noob mistake here.

So riddle me this.... If a wiiU is NEVER online, how does it even know there is an update?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OHH its IN the game. Sorry noob mistake here.

So riddle me this.... If a wiiU is NEVER online, how does it even know there is an update?

At some point you must have gone online with it. Also tubehax and router blocking don't block all Nintendo servers - so it' possible the wiiu could be getting it's info from some unblocked source.

BTW, because the latest fw is exploitable it's fine to update your games for the time being - and then block Nintendo servers afterwards.

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
At some point you must have gone online with it. Also tubehax and router blocking don't block all Nintendo servers - so it' possible the wiiu could be getting it's info from some unblocked source.

BTW, because the latest fw is exploitable it's fine to update your games for the time being - and then block Nintendo servers afterwards.

Gotcha thanks for the info!

I just wanted to DL the updates manually so in the future if Nintendo ever removes the udpates from its servers and my USB hard drives dies, I can just re-install everything :)

Thanks again for the info!

Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol