Hardware Convert Sensor Bar to USB

dudenator

King of the Carts
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am about to attempt swapping out the proprietary connector on a sensor bar for a USB. Problem is, I only have sensor bars with 10 LEDs, and none of the 6 LED ones. I was wondering if it would be possible to connect a USB cable to the sensor bar that splits at the end and connects to 2 USB ports (http://i.imgur.com/LQKvNre.png exactly like this one) since 1 USB port wouldn't be enough voltage to power it. Would 2 USB ports be too much voltage and burn out the LEDs, or would it still just not work, or should it be fine?

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Years ago, i used a nyko wireless sensor bar that ate batteries like candy (4 AA), and just wired a single usb cable to it. I wanted to use it for Dolphin emu. i burnt a hole in the side and pushed the cable through, tied it in a knot and then all i had to do is strip the usb cable, solder the red wire to the positive terminal, black to negative. The 5v a usb port provides is plenty of power to make it work. I did the same thing to my wii balance board, both work flawlessly.

Last edited by DarkJediRey,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am about to attempt swapping out the proprietary connector on a sensor bar for a USB. Problem is, I only have sensor bars with 10 LEDs, and none of the 6 LED ones. I was wondering if it would be possible to connect a USB cable to the sensor bar that splits at the end and connects to 2 USB ports (http://i.imgur.com/LQKvNre.png exactly like this one) since 1 USB port wouldn't be enough voltage to power it. Would 2 USB ports be too much voltage and burn out the LEDs, or would it still just not work, or should it be fine?

Those cables increase (maximum) current not voltage, you know

Even if you could connect 2 USB ports in series (which would result in a short if they come from the same power brick) 10 V would still give you a shorter range than the correct 12...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality