Homebrew Convert GC Twilight Princess Save to Wii?

m8re

Trophies
XP
Country
I got your PM and thanks for converting for me :) Only problem now is that the game won't detect the save file (I'm running the NA version and tried using zeldaTp_usa.gci ) I don't know if it's of any relevance, but the save manager on dolphin seems to be interpreting things wrong.

3dMDbw7.png

I tried generating a new blank save file within the game,copying the file name and renaming zeldatp_usa.gci but it doesn't work unfortunately. Fixing the checksum doesn't work also :(

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country

Link_the_Hero_of_Rock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was having trouble using this with savegame manager GX to put my GCN save on my Wii. but after some tinkering, I figured it out so I thought I should post my process here to help out.
1. make sure that you have a twilight princess save already on your Wii
2. Extract the twilight princess save from your Wii
3. Delete the ZeldaTP.dat from the extracted save and replace it with the zeldatp.dat you extracted with zeldatpconverter
4. Install the save back onto your Wii And you’re done.

Last edited by Link_the_Hero_of_Rock,

sonictrance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sent you a pm.

Really, command prompt isn't that hard, might seem like that the first time, but all applications run the same way, here's a couple of basic tutorials:
I have spent the last three hours trying to figure out and using every resource possible including watching the command prompt guide videos and I still have no clue how to perform the process to convert a Wii save to a GC save. if anyone could respond and please help me, maybe step by step, I would really appreciate it.

sonictrance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was having trouble using this with savegame manager GX to put my GCN save on my Wii. but after some tinkering, I figured it out so I thought I should post my process here to help out.
1. make sure that you have a twilight princess save already on your Wii
2. Extract the twilight princess save from your Wii
3. Delete the ZeldaTP.dat from the extracted save and replace it with the zeldatp.dat you extracted with zeldatpconverter
4. Install the save back onto your Wii And you’re done.
i wasnt able to figure out the command prompt part, any help? i've been driving myself mad over this

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wasnt able to figure out the command prompt part, any help? i've been driving myself mad over this
What are you trying to do? Are you trying to copy a TP GC save from a GC memory card to the Wii, or are you trying to convert the TP save of the GC version to be used with the Wii version of TP? If it's the latter, then it is not possible..

sonictrance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to do? Are you trying to copy a TP GC save from a GC memory card to the Wii, or are you trying to convert the TP save of the GC version to be used with the Wii version of TP? If it's the latter, then it is not possible..
I was able to do both a gc save to a wii save and a wii save to a gc save. someone from 2012 figured it out, its in this thread.

why would you say something like that if it's not true?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to do both a gc save to a wii save and a wii save to a gc save. someone from 2012 figured it out, its in this thread.

why would you say something like that if it's not true?
Ok, it works with TP because they're comparable and Nintendo made them this way (just this time). It wouldn't work with other games though (other than Ocarina/MM)..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.