Convert any 3D movie to watch on the 3DS!

popcorn900

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
you get much thanks, watch.......
oh, i noticed, just now, different modderators for each forum, so out of respect ill allow the snip.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any good 3D videos to share? I would be most appreciative.

Just you wait though, plenty of handy converters will be made, user friendly ones that is.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, very nice! A few questions though before I go on converting...

1) Is it limited to the same 10 minutes like with recording, or can it be longer?
2) What about simple 2D videos? While I know with a few simple changes to the ffmpeg options I could just duplicate the video so 2D videos could be in the 3D format (but won't display as 3D), but that increases the filesize. Can the 3DS Camera app playback videos that only have 1 video stream?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seeing as how the 3DS can play videos now, I hope they put in a proper video player for the 3DS at some point.
Youtube or play stuff off the SD card with proper playback controls and options.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how the 3DS can play videos now, I hope they put in a proper video player for the 3DS at some point.
Youtube or play stuff off the SD card with proper playback controls and options.

Seeing as we can take the video we record and upload them to YT "as-is" without having to do anything different, it would be VERY nice to have a dedicated YT app that would allow us to not only upload them straight from the 3DS, but watch any YT video as well (include the 3D ones). I'd even pay to get such an app.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Just you wait though, plenty of handy converters will be made, user friendly ones that is.
It would be very easy to write a quick GUI front end for ffmpeg based on the settings spinal posted.

EDIT: And have it automatically transfer the file across and rename it accordingly.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not very difficult, I bet a properly written batch file would do the job. (after previewing my post, I see someone has)
Here are some more "comprehensive" instructions for Windows users.

1. Obtain some 3D video. Youtube is a good place to find them without pirating at the moment.
1a. Create a scrap directory to work with your videos in, For example I made mine in "C:\MyTemp\". NirSoft VideoCacheView can help you copy the cached full-length videos you want to keep, but make sure you let them buffer fully in the browser before copying. Make sure you copy your unconverted videos to this directory and not the default!
2. Get 32 bit or 64 bit FFmpeg from http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ (Static 64-bit worked for me (Windows 7 x64 is what I'm using.)
3. Extract all of the ".exe" files from the "bin" directory in the FFmpeg build archive you downloaded directly your scrap directory (C:\MyTemp\ in my case).
i0tI6.jpg

Note that I took the screenshot after the conversion though.
4. Open a command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > OR Start > Run > cmd)
5. Change to your temporary directory (cd C:\MyTemp)
6. The videos I got from youtube were in side-to-side format, so first i ran:
ffmpeg -y -i "video1.flv" -s 960x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -vf crop=480:240:0:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 41000 -ab 96k -ac 2 "left.avi"
7. After that was complete i ran:
ffmpeg -y -i "video1.flv" -s 960x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -vf crop=480:240:480:0 -an "right.avi"
8. Finally I ran:
ffmpeg -y -i "left.avi" -i "right.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -vcodec copy -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 1:0 "VID_0001.AVI"

Hint: Right-click in the command window to paste the command arguments instead of CTRL+V!

Copied the finished video (and subsequent, renamed videos) over to my SD card as spinal described. Success!

Reactions: 2 people

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was a really unnecessarily long reply, when I did say someone made a batch file (I meant you, but I didn't link to your post >

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte