Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where to put this but...

I downloaded Super Mario Galaxy 2 and I was so exited to play it... After I extracted it I found it was a Ciso...

pic10.png

I need to figure out how to convert it back to a ISO so I can play it... I looked on Google and other places... But I can't find anything with my problem... Can someone help me?

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw about the Wii Backup Manager... But when I read this

QUOTE said:
Troy's link is one solution, but it seems buggy. I decided to try it when it came out to install WiiFit+ on my WBFS HDD, and the drive ended up hosed and it had to be formatted again. For laughs I tried it again while putting the games back on, and sure enough, it hosed the thing again.

If you use it to do the conversions, don't use it for installing games to a WBFS formatted drive. I didn't test the FAT functions.
Quoted from http://gbatemp.net/t153328-iso-to-ciso-converter?&st=30, I got scared because all my games are in my hard drive... and before you say: "If you do lose your games just get them on your hard drive from your computer all over again." I don't have them on my computer... I deleted them because I needed more space on my computer for other reasons...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Strange...I've used wii backup manager for quite a nice amount of games, and it never "hosed" my hard drive.

But then again, I DO keep backups of my backups, so I'm probably protected by Murphy's law.
tongue.gif

But anyhow...I know 3 2 ways to convert .ciso to .iso files:

1) wii game manager: it's exactly similar to wii backup manager (perhaps just a tiny bit less user-friendly), so it will probably work too
EDIT: wait...nevermind. I just quickly checked, and I couldn't find any .ciso option. so it's probably not going to do you any good.
2) use uloader. That program uses .ciso files if you have a FAT32 drive. Just put it in USB:\ciso and run uloader.
3) be more careful than that guy you're quoting and make sure you don't set wii backup manager to reformat your drive (my guess is that he mixed up WBFS-partitioning with .wbfs files)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Godson777 said:

QUOTE said:
Troy's link is one solution, but it seems buggy. I decided to try it when it came out to install WiiFit+ on my WBFS HDD, and the drive ended up hosed and it had to be formatted again. For laughs I tried it again while putting the games back on, and sure enough, it hosed the thing again.

If you use it to do the conversions, don't use it for installing games to a WBFS formatted drive. I didn't test the FAT functions.
Quoted from http://gbatemp.net/t153328-iso-to-ciso-converter?&st=30, I got scared because all my games are in my hard drive... and before you say: "If you do lose your games just get them on your hard drive from your computer all over again." I don't have them on my computer... I deleted them because I needed more space on my computer for other reasons...

i believe that was referring to an older release of WBM, ive converted plenty of .cISO files to .ISO without problems and vise versa

if you get scared of loosing anything u will be ok because you have the original disk to redump......................................
ninja.gif

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Use hermes iso2ciso.exe, it copys ios 2 ciso and ciso 2 iso, you drag and drop file onto it and it converts it, quick too.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/389879251/isotociso.exe

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
Godson777 said:

QUOTE said:

i believe that was referring to an older release of WBM, ive converted plenty of .cISO files to .ISO without problems and vise versa

if you get scared of loosing anything u will be ok because you have the original disk to redump......................................
ninja.gif
Yeah about that... Didn't you see on the first post? I downloaded it... I don't have the disk of SMG2...

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Godson777 said:
pepxl said:
Godson777 said:

QUOTE said:

If you use it to do the conversions, don't use it for installing games to a WBFS formatted drive. I didn't test the FAT functions.Quoted from http://gbatemp.net/t153328-iso-to-ciso-converter?&st=30, I got scared because all my games are in my hard drive... and before you say: "If you do lose your games just get them on your hard drive from your computer all over again." I don't have them on my computer... I deleted them because I needed more space on my computer for other reasons...

ninja.gif
Yeah about that... Didn't you see on the first post? I downloaded it... I don't have the disk of SMG2...

and many pirates dont. so what your point?

WBM can convert between formats or havent you even tried

follow the steps on this post with also a bit of common sense by reading the last line, covert the cISO back to an ISO

TO CONVERT IT/THEM TO ANOTHER FORMAT WITH OUT SENDING TO HDD OR HAVING HDD CONNECTED DO STEPS 2 - 5

QUOTE(pepxl @ May 23 2010, 06:35 PM)
Does what go in a specific folder, the games to be sent to the HDD or the games already on the HDD?

if you dont know how to use WBM i suggest you read the readme or FAQ in the OP, you

1. simply select your HDD with there "Drive 1" or "Drive 2" tab, it doesnt matter what format it is in - WBFS,FAT32 or NTFS
2. select the "Folder" tab - "Add"
3. select either "Files" or "Folder" to where the game/s are
4. tick the ticky box of the games you want to send to your HDD
5. select "Transfer" tab - "Drive 1/2" to send it to the HDD

You can also you the same as above to convert between formats from within the "Transfer" tab

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No not yet... I'm just scared I might loose all my games.... I guess I'll try... I'm on dail up right now and I'm not on my netbook either so I guess I'll start workin on that after a little while...

tHciNc said:
Use hermes iso2ciso.exe, it copys ios 2 ciso and ciso 2 iso, you drag and drop file onto it and it converts it, quick too.

Code:
Can't this work? It sounds like it's simple... or do I really have to use WBM?

pepxl said:
Does what go in a specific folder, the games to be sent to the HDD or the games already on the HDD?

if you dont know how to use WBM i suggest you read the readme or FAQ in the OP, you

1. simply select your HDD with there "Drive 1" or "Drive 2" tab, it doesnt matter what format it is in - WBFS,FAT32 or NTFS
2. select the "Folder" tab - "Add"
3. select either "Files" or "Folder" to where the game/s are

You can also you the same as above to convert between formats from within the "Transfer" tabFirst of all... The Games are already on the HDD, secound
QUOTE said:
TO CONVERT IT/THEM TO ANOTHER FORMAT WITH OUT SENDING TO HDD OR HAVING HDD CONNECTED DO STEPS 2 - 5
so ignore step 1? then what about these two steps? QUOTE

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Godson777 said:
No not yet... I'm just scared I might loose all my games.... I guess I'll try... I'm on dail up right now and I'm not on my netbook either so I guess I'll start workin on that after a little while...

tHciNc said:

Code:

yes you can, it does cISO2ISO ISO2cISO only though

WBM does multi formats as well as HDD transfers but im guessing its for the more advance uses where as isotociso is a simple drag and drop for novices but yeah it will do the same sort of thing

Godson777

yo waddup
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
Godson777 said:

tHciNc said:

Code:

yes you can, it does cISO2ISO ISO2cISO only though

WBM does multi formats as well as HDD transfers but im guessing its for the more advance uses where as isotociso is a simple drag and drop for novices but yeah it will do the same sort of thing
ok good because all I want is to convert SMG2.ciso to SMG2.iso with no trouble...

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
pepxl said:
I'd say it is the other way round - a point and click "manager" gui is for the novies, whilst an advanced user will be happy using the cli.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
George Dawes said:
pepxl said:
I'd say it is the other way round - a point and click "manager" gui is for the novies, whilst an advanced user will be happy using the cli.

it was more of a sarcastic comment as he didnt know how to use WBM even tho its pretty simply to use

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1