Gaming Controversial Bobs Game now on Kickstarter

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading his entire Kickstarter, I feel kind of bad for the guy. He's a nitwit, but he's a naive one who surely has some mental issues. I hope he gets his life together, but for the love of god, not in this way.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like i was brainwashed reading the OP.

Why do i have the sudden need to donate money to this spiritual guardian to fulfill my enlightenment so i can ascend into a higher being >.>.

Reactions: spiral6

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, has anyone on here pledged any money? I've been watching his attempt and there isn't much action. After watching the Let's Plays of the DS demo I feel almost compelled to pledge some because it really does have some good quality. But the whole drive for a decked out van is very strange. If it were more of a normal proposal to fund the project then it would have a much better chance.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm new to all this... can someone tell me who is TaeWong and his relation to this?
Here's the wiki page he made on himself, where he confesses to many of his crimes:
"[Tae-Wong SEO is] a font scam artist, spam bot program, wiki spammer and vandal (for many years). He has a mom, dad, aunt, grandma and many other members of the family."

One of fonts he would babble about was the font from Bob's game.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the wiki page he made on himself, where he confesses to many of his crimes:
"[Tae-Wong SEO is] a font scam artist, spam bot program, wiki spammer and vandal (for many years). He has a mom, dad, aunt, grandma and many other members of the family."

One of fonts he would babble about was the font from Bob's game.

Registered accounts
  • Facebook (As a bard; see Nick Riddle's post for more info.)
LOL I never knew about that page but he DID continue to call me by my real name after telling him to do so! That's fucking hilarious.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something funny is going on
about 10 hours ago the donated money was about $4000
now its at $10000 with 8 hours to go

wouldnt surprise me if bob donated the money himself...

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something funny is going on
about 10 hours ago the donated money was about $4000
now its at $10000 with 8 hours to go

wouldnt surprise me if bob donated the money himself...

Holy crap I wouldn't be surprised if you're right.

The numbers certainly point to it. So there's 24 donations that are unaccounted for that would be <$5. All of the listed donations together at their base prices ($5, $20, 1x$500) add to $3945. Someone definitely donated a couple thousand.

probably bob

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bobsgame/bobs-game/comments

You know when people of the comment section are confused, things are pretty shady. My guess is that these types of projects are not usually funded with large amounts like this. I have to admit, there's some things I could be impressed about when it comes to the engine he's developed. Other than that though, he should really just come back after doing things the more traditional way. I'll never be able to take "Bob's Game" seriously.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to everyone who pledged, you are all fantastic and I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to continue working on this game. For those who are wondering, it made it on the last day thanks to a very generous backer who has been following the project from the beginning.

If you give money to your own project, would that be considered KickStarter Masturbation?

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, it means you can fund your dang crap!
"$150,000 - I will host the First Interdimensional "bob's game" Championship in a convention center, eventually recurring regularly with regional, national, and global tournament events!" This is gold, man. :P
Also...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol