Gaming Controlls for Zelda tp

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. Well I haven't gotten my wii yet but there isn't that much time left and I kinda don't know if i should buy zelda tp for the wii since it probably will feel and be better on the gc. The dealbreaker for me are the controlls. How is it playing zelda tp with the wii-mote/nunchuck. Pros/cons? And please try not to mention anything that can spoil for hardcore zelda fans that haven't even seen any pictures, movies or anything regarding zelda tp
tongue.gif
(I know I'm insane but i don't want to spoilt anything)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I've played through the Zelda demo a few times.

The controls are awesome. They are what sold me on the game, I'm not even a Zelda fan and I'm picking this game up on day one when Wii launches. It feels really satisfying to swipe Link's sword with the motion of my hand.

If Zelda was only coming out for the Gamecube I doubt I'd buy it, the controls make all the difference.

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
It feels really satisfying to swipe Link's sword with the motion of my hand.

dose that mean if i spin 360 with the controller, will Link's do 360 sword?

Sadly, that's not how it works. You don't "control" Link's sword. The slash motion you do with the wiimote makes link slash his sword but in the same way he would if you played the Gamecube version. But that doesn't mean the game is less fun
smile.gif

Anyways, you'd get pretty tired if you had to do a big movement with your arm instead of just moving your hand a little
smile.gif

Concerning the OP's question, the control scheme is pretty solid so far. The only thing that bothers me is killing flying enemies when you're in your other form (won't tell you which, but I suppose you already know if you looked at the cover
tongue.gif
). I have to wait until they swoop in and be at the same level than me before getting them which can be long sometimes... Any GBATemper know something i don't which could make this easier ?

EDIT:
QUOTE(Scorpin200 @ Nov 20 2006, 10:07 AM)Naw id rather the regular controls, because it was tailored to the gamecube controller first. Then again, I should maybe realise that this is a pretty retarded thing to say. I mean, Nintendo wouldn't delay such an important title and screw the control scheme. Maybe I should try playing both games next time before basing my choice on such flawed argumentation.

fixed
smile.gif

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if one knowingly decides to go with the GCN one rather than the Wii, one should die in a fire. You don't have to stick your arm out at the screen all the time, you can just sit back on the couch or whatever and play, occasionally pointing to fire off some arrows, sling some deku nuts, or whatever. And aiming with this, UNLIKE IN RED STEEL, is fucking excellent. I will never ever want to use an analog pad to try to hit a Keese with an arrow again (ugh, OoT...).

Beyond that, I really will punch you in the face for buying the GCN one.

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deletable man speaks the truth
even if the remote wasn't motion sensitive, just having the controller split into two makes a big difference. I can sit/lay/lounge in much more comfortable positions now that my hands don't have to be within 3 inches of each other.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
EDIT:
Naw id rather the regular controls, because it was tailored to the gamecube controller first. Then again, I should maybe realise that this is a pretty retarded thing to say. I mean, Nintendo wouldn't delay such an important title and screw the control scheme. Maybe I should try playing both games next time before basing my choice on such flawed argumentation.

fixed
smile.gif

u suk!!1!! its liek mah opinian dudez an like i cn troll whutever i want becoz ur lame & shoudlnt atack my opninian OK?????
(WAIT, I GET IT NOW! The little trollop is probably imitating JEFF K. from Something Awful! We simply didn't get his JOEK LAWLZ!)

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
u suk!!1!! its liek mah opinian dudez an like i cn troll whutever i want becoz ur lame & shoudlnt atack my opninian OK?????
(WAIT, I GET IT NOW! The little trollop is probably imitating JEFF K. from Something Awful! We simply didn't get his JOEK LAWLZ!)

Wait, you mean Lowtax started this whole retarded l33t-speak thing ? I thought it was those retarded AOLers (Just looked up JeffK in the encyclopedia).

(sorry, if there's anyone with half a brain here who uses AOL, I don't mean you
smile.gif
).

hey_suburbia

Do The Lizard Bop
Trophies
Website
www.hungrylizards.net
XP
Country
United States
I had an 8 hour marathon of Twilight Princess last night and the controls are AMAZING. You'll love it. There are 4 sword movements you can do.

Strike vertical
Strike horizontal
360 spin attack (shake nunchuk)
z target and hit a to do a jump attack.

There are more, but it is a spoiler:

About 4-5 hours in you'll get to a guy who shows you secret moves, one being a "finish him" sword move, where you hit "a" when an enemy hits the ground, but doesn't die, you do a jump and come directly down through his heart, very cool.

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gotta say... i think swinging the sword is a pain in the ass. i like the aiming controls, but i wish i could just use a button for the sword. its also a pain in the ass to have that damn fairy reticle all over the screen all the time.

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gotta say... i think swinging the sword is a pain in the ass. i like the aiming controls, but i wish i could just use a button for the sword. its also a pain in the ass to have that damn fairy reticle all over the screen all the time.

I think you can remove that... I remember coming across something like that yesterday. Take a look in the options
smile.gif

decript

A melon a day, keeps t3h monkey away
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I fucking love my Wii and zelda. Monkeyball is pretty awsome too.

@serious_sean: I hated the fairy too, but you can disable it in the options. I think its the 3rd option or something with pointer.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
gotta say... i think swinging the sword is a pain in the ass. i like the aiming controls, but i wish i could just use a button for the sword. its also a pain in the ass to have that damn fairy reticle all over the screen all the time.

I think you can remove that... I remember coming across something like that yesterday. Take a look in the options
smile.gif

phew.. that looked like the most annoying thing in gaming history.... good thing u could remove it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool