Continuing the god eater 2 translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jorji109, Jan 20, 2017.

Jan 20, 2017
  1. reprep

Member reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Turkey
    nope, i am interested, also for danganronpa 2 too.

2. DSPresents

Newcomer DSPresents Member

Ukraine
    You went too far, there is no way back)

DarkDweller likes this.
  3. SkyBladeCloud

Member SkyBladeCloud GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    I might start a new thread with all this stuff, like an official backport one, since such project would have nothing to do with the current one in the forums...

lcie nimbus and riesyukira like this.
  4. riesyukira

Newcomer riesyukira Newbie

Philippines
    Trust me Sky, there are hundreds if not thousands who are looking forwards to this game/fan translation on the PSP due to the popularity of the PPSSPP Emulation.
    I'm in a gaming related group (android and emulators and whatnot) and people there just can't get enough of Monster Hunter and God Eater since that's basically the only games they play, so when they found out about an English Translation of GE2 let's just say they were practically begging for it come into fruition like the plebs that we are ahaha!

So yeah there is a huge demand for this GE2 Fan Translation especially since most of us are heavily reliant on Emulators due to personal reasons or just flat out broke~

DarkDweller and lcie nimbus like this.
  5. SkyBladeCloud

Spain
    While it's true that emulation would allow this game to be played on more systems (any PPSSPP supported platform or even PS3... Even on som OFW), there are still a couple of issues I have to deal with:

-Time: which is by itself a pretty limiting factor. I have more projects and if we consider GE2 one of them, it would have the least priority... Then again I base the priority in their popularity so if GE2 is indeed a much wanted backport, it would scale quickly. I'll have some extra time from now on until at least next month so we'll see... (it's been 2 days and they were very productive on this project).
    -Cost: I could really use some help from patreon or similar. This one would already be finished if I had the proper resources instead of "borrowing some of them from the internet". However I would have to release everything to patrons first, or limit betatesting to them, so again, we'll see...

riesyukira likes this.
  6. Kusogane

Newcomer Kusogane Newbie

Indonesia
    What a progress, now this is what i called REAL PROGRESS, for as long as what it takes, we could see there is someone who provides a shed of light on to this project. We will keep cheering on you @SkyBladeCloud . So, does that mean you yourself able to single handedly finish this project ? (in term of technical issues)

Last edited by Kusogane, Apr 17, 2017
  7. AlternativeZero

Member AlternativeZero GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Just curious @SkyBladeCloud, with the tools you have would it be possible to port the english translation to the JP Vita game for those that want to be able to play with the Japanese voices that Bamco decided not to include?

Not asking you to do it but since the tools are already there perhaps some of us can take a look.

8. jorji109
    OP

Member jorji109 GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    to sky, I simply say good work and thank you, you have given this place hope once again. you will be recognised as a hero to the ge 2 psp fans. good day and I hope it will be a nice day to all of you people.

9. SkyBladeCloud

Spain
    I hadn't thought about that, but yeah, it showld be perfectly possible, as long as you can run the modified game on yoir Vita, of course...

10. AlternativeZero

Australia
    Well, if you're browsing this site then most likely you can or want to run it on your Vita.

But, yea, if you are open to sharing the tools or happy to do it yourself when you have some free time then I'm sure many would be very excited to see the result.

11. Randqalan

Member Randqalan The Wheel of Time Turns

United States
    So glade to see you :D

12. asferot

Newcomer asferot Member

Antarctica
    Many people are waiting for the release, BUT sadly many people gave up on waiting because of that previous BS, and they probably just dont know that someone is actually working on it again. I almost would want to say, that you need to make more noise when you will release it, so people know it is actually out.

13. samcambolt270

Member samcambolt270 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    thats a great idea, as waiting for release before hyping it up will prevent a c&d disaster. once its out, we should all metaphorically shout it from the rooftops so all the people who didnt realize it was continuing can know they're dreams are realized.

14. SmileGates

Newcomer SmileGates Newbie

United States
    i wish you all the best for this translation.

I don't know what were they thinking when they release the game on Steam without Dual Audio... Fuck Bamco.

15. SkyBladeCloud

Spain
    I know, and I need to revamp my site (or destroy it altogether), cos it's so outdated and links are getting expired. Otherwise I think it would be a nice way to put all the info about this.

riesyukira likes this.
  16. ProPspUser

Newcomer ProPspUser Newbie

Philippines
    Im hoping that this english translation project will be playable on a REAL PSP.

Thanks for continuing this project Sky.

17. AlternativeZero

Australia
    I actually tried to visit your site and it lead me nowhere so a revap would be nice but it's nice to be able to communicate with you here.

18. DarkDweller

Newcomer DarkDweller Newbie

Philippines
    Wow so much have happend since the last time I viewed this thread @SkyBladeCloud thanks for being so eager to our request's even though we cannot help you in a effiecent way we will still be here rooting for you and be spreading the good news and the progress you have done. Your a real wish maker bro to fans like us and to other gamers out there.

19. MariusCojocaru

Newcomer MariusCojocaru Newbie

Romania
    any updates on the best project ever ?

20. qwikrazor87

Newcomer qwikrazor87 Member

United States
    just popping in to mention that my laptop is currently out of service, and I was looking into this too, so it'll have to wait until I'm back on my feet.
    Good job so far @SkyBladeCloud, keep it up, too bad I can't help right now.