Gaming Content manager issue?

buckweed187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like most of you out there i spent hours just messing around with the setting and features the vita has to offer on day one of release.

But for some reason i can't seem to transfer or see the video content i have on my ps3.

I have a lot of films/tv shows stored but when i use the ps vita content manger the vita don't see any of this at all?

First time i did it, it saw one film and some jap trailers i had from my jap psn account.

I thought it was a memory card issue i.e. not enough room to copy so would show me large files..

deleted my demos freeing up 3gb on my 8gb card. but still no luck,i have formatted my vita and ps3 and still no luck...

checked all setting on my vita and ps3 with my friends setup and he has no issues ?

even installed CMA on my pc and but i can only see two files one being a avi. the mkv. but i have a lot more on my pc ?

Has anyone heard of this or do you think it's my vita ?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Yes it really sucks that Vita does not support xvid (especially when you have 6TB of it!). It was bad enough with PSP, but Vita too!?
Maybe it is a licensing issue, or that xvid is a heavy pirate format, who knows.

Vita only supports .mp4 and .h264 for now.
A good program I have been using is http://www.videohelp.com/tools/HandBrake

It can batch convert xvid and a bunch of other formats to mp4 as well as adjust audio levels (nice to increase volume 50% for Vita), I have tried it with a few movies for Vita and it is really fast and has an awesome end result.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
About handbrake, i test converted some files leaving them at native resolution, and they look rubbish on my vita, what exactly does this constant quality index thing mean?

Also it isn't much faster than other converting software i tried... Also if this wont be good enough, what other decent ones you guys use? i haven't tried them for ages since my phone runs all formats brilliantly... But this screen on vita, it is just better lol

buckweed187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
About handbrake, i test converted some files leaving them at native resolution, and they look rubbish on my vita, what exactly does this constant quality index thing mean?

Also it isn't much faster than other converting software i tried... Also if this wont be good enough, what other decent ones you guys use? i haven't tried them for ages since my phone runs all formats brilliantly... But this screen on vita, it is just better lol

I will be using SUPER when i get round to playing round with this,once i get my 32gb.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country

I will be using SUPER when i get round to playing round with this,once i get my 32gb.

The issue i got is 8gb card which i got from amazon "free" for buying the vita. And before conversion, if i don't want to loose all the quality and make it look like 240p on 1080p screen the file takes up well over 1.3gb, that is from a file of 700mb... never imagined they would be THIS big.

ghogan42

Trophies
XP
Country

If the Constant Quality thing is just the x264 encoders CRF, which it looks to be, then it's like this:

It's not really constant quality, but it's kinda close. A crf of 18 or so is pretty much considered to be indistinguisable from the original. CRF's in low to mid 20's are reasonable. For 1280x720 (720P) video that come from my Blu-rays, a CRF of 22 is ~750MB per hour. This is reasonable. If I wanted more compression, I might set it to a CRF of 25, but that's about as far as I go for high quality movies. A CRF of 30 is starting to look a bit ugly.

A quick test with the preview function of handbrake shows that a CRF of 22 gives me 5.36MB on 30sec clip of a movie and a CRF of 25 gives 3.15MB. The whole movie (2hours exactly) is 1.52GB at CRF 22 so at CRF 25 it could probably get the movie down to 900MB or so.

The handbrake defaults were, if I remember correctly, set to something ridiculous. Consider that the CRF 25 filesize was 59% of the CRF 22 size and you can see that you shouldn't need to move out to CRF 40 for smaller sizes. Keep it in the 20's if you can.

A couple of other notes on x264 encoding:

All else being equal, higer compression (higher CRFs) encodes faster.

and

The developers say that there is essentially no quality difference between a CRF one pass encode and a 2 pass encode that matches the file size. So if you don't need to hit an exact file size constraint, then you should save time by using the CRF rate control method.

Hope this helps.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
helped a lot actually! i keep it at 18, videos look great on vita! and stuff like simpsons and family guy take up considerably less space (174mb to 86mb) hardly believed :)

buckweed187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Should maybe start a new post for this but it content manager related...

i'm a fan of armored core games and decided to download silent line from psn,remapped the buttons and it plays like a dream.
my only problem is i used to play all my AC games on a CFW pSp which went to the land of ebay...

so i was wondering if anyone know of away to thansfer sav. files you may find on game...faq..sites.

i can't load the file i added to my ps vita file on my laptop..

the DIR is ps vita > PSAVEDATA>7d071315d017b119>NPUH10025ACSLSAVELIST00

the save showed up on CMA on my laptop but once i started AC silent line i couldn't see the sav.

It could be i'm trying to load a US sav to A EURO accounnt.. or it could be i'm not putting the sav. in the right5 place...

any ideas anyone... ?

got monster hunter united too so i will look for a euro sav. and try that..

Yep monsterhunter works fine with a uploaded sav.

just wish i could find a euro AC SL sav...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: So basically, that's a cheat, huh?