Hardware Console Power vs the twins

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad, the Wii U is going to have many good looking games irrespective of what any naysayers will assume. Gameplay is the most vital factor.

Video game. Video game. Video = visuals. Game = gameplay. Half of a video game is visuals. If visuals truly did not matter, we'd still all be playing those text-based game that came out in the 70s. Good graphics and framerate can help a video game in many ways.

Increase immersion, enhance mood, easier object recognition, faster reaction times, allows displaying of more elements on screen, more freedom of art styles (you can't make Okami on an N64), allows creation of more complex game mechanics, and less headaches.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool story, bro, calling me dumb for having an opinion on Wii U having good looking games that are enjoyable. Keep it up, I'm sure your ad hominem attacks will take you far. If you want to be taken seriously, I'd suggest you utilize a little more civility in your debates instead and let people say their piece.

I mean, I said "in respect to the consoles power" how many times, and you keep arguing the same point. Don't be upset because you misunderstood me.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Errata: Upon further research I have discovered that I have mistakenly typed in false information in this post, stating that the CELL PPE's DMIPS score was 10.240 and the Xenon's was 19.200 - this is not the case. The confusion was derrived from the attached Wikipedia article. The scores have no source attached to them and upon some research turn out to be incorrect.

After reading a bit of IBM's CELL documentation, I have gathered that the CELL performs up to 4 instruction fetches per cycle and issue up to 2 instructions per cycle, the latter information was likely used to calculate the DMIPS count for the Xenon (3200 (MHz) * 2 (Instructions per Cycle) * 3 (Cores) = 19200) which is naturally false - this result does not directly translate to a Dhrystone score which is a benchmark. I have no idea where the 10.240 DMIPS value for the PS3's PPE came from, but that's completely irrelevant as it is also false.

The DMIPS results have since been corrected in the post - the PPE reached a 1879.63 DMIPS score sans SPE support and by extension the PPE-based Xenon containing 3 PPE-derrivative cores reaches around 5.639 DMIPS, these results are far more probable, the source is Beyond3D and early CELL benchmarks.

I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused as well as for the bump - I typed this message in "good faith" so that future readers will not be confused by the incorrect score.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The graphics at this stage for me aren't impressive any more, they were however when the jump was from SD to HD but now it's all in HD and looks relatively the same with some improvements.

AC4's best version will be PS4 not because of the graphics but due to extra exclusive content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.