Hardware Console Banned. What's my next step? 'Unbanning' service?

aiXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It helps to delete my old profile from the hard drive? I suppose there's no reason for me not to do that since it doesn't delete the game saves anyway. Thanks. I doubt a miracle will be required for accessing the game saves on my hard drive though. :P Someone in this thread said game saves aren't corrupted anymore, -and- I haven't accessed them every since the console ban, nor will I.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Best thing is just to delete the profile and redownload from XBLive.
Besides now you can't mess up by accidentally confusing the profiles etc.

As for your saved games, just pray for the best.

aiXtreme

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone at all this may help, the save files in fact don't get corrupted, though I was also very careful not to access them in any way (other than copying to USB, which is okay) when moving a hard drive to a new console, just make sure a new console fits the same size hard drive, phat to phat, slim to slim, or you can move things by USB, small or large, but you'll lose any licenses you had for downloaded things from the Marketplace such as Add-ons and downloaded games, when you switch to a new console, which would have to be re-downloaded from the account name/Gamertag that originally downloaded the material, seen from the Download History screen, so you would have to still have access to any accounts that downloaded anything you want to re-download. (just be careful or Microsoft may think you're violating the ToS with all your strange account/downloading antics, as happened with my original console) But otherwise everything looks good, in my particular case. Thanks :)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wtf since when do they corrupt your saves? Thats fucked up....

indeed it is, i would say this is a form of criminal damage or vandalism, but of course microsoft can get away with it as they are a huge corporation and no one would able to file a lawsuit becasue they wouldn't have enough mulla in order to do so, the gaming industry is corrupt more than anything and the irony is that people say sony are Nazis but look at the stuff that microsoft does, i will never buy one of their products even though i personally hate sony with passion too.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
just do not play any games on the banned 360 (or create a new account if you must play, just not on your account) they wont corrupt if you never access them I had a banned system before, and the save that corrupted was a fallout 3 autosave which was the only one that it saved too
I second this. As long as you don't save anything after the ban, none of your saves will corrupt and you can safely have them transferred.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that I could transfer my new profile along with the games to banned one, and still keep all that info on my unbanned one. Are you saying it's not possible?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is the banned box flashed?

I have no idea if MS still corrupts the profiles/saved games on banned boxes.
I wouldn't take the risk tbh.

I'd say RGH it (if you can/box allows it)
That atleast will clean the secdata, so you won't have to fear corruption.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my son uses the live one , I have it in his room , the banned one is sitting my closet. I needed a live one so I can get him all the texture pack stuff for mine craft , even though he doesn't really use live . I was using live for playing card games. So , if its possible to move everything from good xbox to banned xbox , I would like to ; while also keeping the live account

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, unfortunately, you can't move DLC to the banned box as it needs a license transfer (you can do it if you RGH it)
Moving saved games will work without a problem.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, is there anything I can buy to make it work (cable wise ) for the dlc . My banned console is a 60GB white fat while , the new is a black slim 300GB drive that I had to buy.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question , I have been looking around online but cant seem to get a straight answer.
My niece , doesn't have xbl , if I pay for her subscription , can my son login on her xbox and d/l minecraft with all the dlc and be able to play there or would it have to be bought again for that console ?
What I want is , for him to be able to due something when he is there and maybe they can play it together , but not if I have to fork out another 50 for live then an another 20 MC.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll have to pay for Live, that's something you cannot avoid.

You can log on with yer sons account on yer nieces Xbox and then use license transfer to transfer the licenses of the DLC/Minecraft to yer niece her xbox.
That way yer niece can download them via yer sons account and they can play together.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks , I don't mind having to pay for live for her. I just want him to be able to play here or there with no issues. I guess a side benefit would be she can have access to all the stuff I already bought for him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night