Connecting to hotel wifi

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ReannaN, Oct 12, 2017.

1. ReannaN
    OP

ReannaN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2016
    hi, sorry if I have posted in the wrong section.

I am currently on holiday in America and want to connect my new 3ds to the hotels Wi-fi.

It just will no connect- I have tried to go onto the log in site on the browser but it will not load.
    I have read that due to an update, the browser doesn’t allow enough time to load.

Is there anyway around this? I do not have a laptop with me, I just have an iPhone and iPad but I am unable to tether as I am abroad.

Thanks I’m advance!

2. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Out of luck I think.
    Can the iPhone not tether wifi connections as well? Android does that.

3. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    I had the same problem in my uni accommodation. It's not going to work on its own. Do you have a laptop with you? Then you could install Connectify, that's how I do it

4. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Late response but yeah you're out of luck. Guest Wi-Fi (and most public Wi-Fi) requires you to pull up a page in a web browser to actually get internet access. But the 3DS requires full internet access to actually do anything involving the internet, preventing you from going to the log in/access page.

You'd need to use some sort of wi-fi tethering program like Virtual Router (Windows) or similar applications.