Hacking Confusion - System Transfer with EmuNand?

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Tough decision I guess, the gba games could also be played on my DSTWO, but some of them were pretty good in the ambassador program. On the other hand, I got some eshop games that I would like to transfer, as well as the extra streetpass games. I guess I still have time until my Gateway arrives, so I will decide then. The big advantage of doing the transfer is that I could sell most of my original games as well as the 7.1 3DS, probably for a good profit.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why? Just stay in Gateway mode the whole time. You're more limited by running 4.x sysNAND then 7.1 emunand (well, I guess GBA games are the exception since they don't work on emunand.)
Sorry for the silly question .. but why?

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Seems the gateway mode is missing some crucial features required, see this thread:

Thread

sonic2756 said:
I shot GW an email about it a few days ago. I'd email them about it aswell so they know it's just not one person who wants AGB_FIRM (gba mode) and TWL_FIRM (ds mode) support.

Edit: They could also probably find a way to write eShop tickets to realNAND since that would benefit far more than just gba/ds mode support.

But as I said, the dstwo handles the gba emulation quite well, and if they at some time fix it, that would be fine too.

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Seems like it, yes. I have only acquired 3DS retail games and 3DS eshop games, so except for my 10 GBA ambassador titles, I should be fine with the transfer. I also read that, in case we get a flashcard/exploit for the newest firmwares, we could simply update on the original fw and still have the transferred content on the 3ds.

Scoobydoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I totally messed up on a system transfer today. :wacko: How it went (or didn't lol).

Source system 3DS ver 7.1.0-16E
Target system 3DS ver 4.5.0-10E / GW3D 7.1.0-16E Gateway Omega 2.1 (updated from 2.0b2 where emuNAND was performed some weeks ago).

Confirmed both systems region settings were same. Confirmed Source system 3DS ver 7.1.0-16E and Target system 3DS GW3D 7.1.0-16E BEFORE beginning transfer process.

Target system auto re-started after transfer, rebooting itself before I could swap SD card from Source console. I got message: Error occurred, you will need to update your system before System Transfer can complete. I panicked & forced a shutdown by holding power button. I placed Source SD card into Target Console, then switched back on. Every time I tried switching on, message kept telling me to update system, but it had kicked me out of GW3D mode. Each time I clicked into System Settings to try to relaunch Gateway mode,.. "Boot Gateway Mode" would launch directly to console trying to connect to Internet to carry out system update. It wouldn't allow me access to home screen in gateway mode.

After a number of tries I just gave up. Carried out Format System Memory, Formatted SD card, Formatted emuNAND again (don't ask why... I was in overdrive noob panic mode by then!)

I don't mind about Source console (had intended on selling after transfer). I mainly lost saves from original games. MK7 being my worst loss :cry: but I'll get over it. Main thing is I STILL have a console on 3DS ver 4.5.0-10E / GW3D 7.1.0-16E Gateway Omega 2.1 working fine again. Wanted to ask if any of you could throw light on where I went wrong, so others don't make the same mistake I did. Or in case I ever become brave enough to try again in the future.

During the transfer process, target console asked if I wanted to Delete or Don't Delete Nintendo DS Folder in System. I chose Delete. Was this my first mistake? Please form an orderly queue with the rolled up newspapers to bash me noggin with! :rolleyes:

Consoled by, LOVE LOVE LOVE all the games I can play via Gateway. Thanks for any replies guys.

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland
Yep that error happends after rebooting because it kicked you realnand 4.X.
GW mode doesent work on source card because its missing launcher.dat file and kicked error and reboot.

You can finnish installation on realnand on source card ingnore update prompt.

Then copy source files to destination sd-card under the 3ds folder.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/possible...nd-after-system-transfer.360359/#post-4879620 needed folder on danthes post. Personally i transferred back to my old 3ds xl to my saves and games and leave another xl only gw machine too risky to keep eshop titles on emunand. :unsure:

Reactions: Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks untok. That "Update" msg scared the **** out of me... if only I had just ignored the prompt. Ho hey

Having NOW read that link topic. Wouldn't have attempted a transfer had I read that BEFORE I tried! Live & learn! :O
Great info, thanks for taking the time bud.

MYFW

Trophies
XP
Country
Be careful, i lost my original data (and nintendo network id) with emunand transfer.

Greetings

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems the gateway mode is missing some crucial features required, see this thread:

Thread

But as I said, the dstwo handles the gba emulation quite well, and if they at some time fix it, that would be fine too.

I play oracle of seasons all the time on my 7.1.0 emunand with b2. Just use classic mode instead of gateway. Dsiware games don't work at all though.

Edit: never mind, forgot that was a game boy color game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night