Confirmed Nintendo Switch is using stock Nvidia Tegra X1, no modifications.

All is confirmed the Nintendo Switch is powered by stock Nvidia Tegra X1, same chipset used in Shield TV. The most surprising is the retention of 4 Cortex A53 processor cores, which have no use in the Nintendo switch as they can't be operated at the same time when Cortex A57 cores are running due to the ARM big.little configuration setup.

main-unit-6.jpg

Nvidia-T210.jpg

After subsequent processing of the GPU from the Nintendo Switch, we have determined that the processor is the Nvidia Tegra T210. The T210 CPU features 4 Cortex A57 and 4 Cortex A53 processor cores and the GPU is a GM20B Maxell core.

http://techinsights.com/about-techinsights/overview/blog/nintendo-switch-teardown/

Nvidia Tegra X1 features
  • 8 core CPU (4 x Cortex A57 and 4 x Cortex A53)
  • GPU is a GM20B Maxell core

A comparison to Shield TV. Switch specs on the left, and Shield TV on the right. The clock speeds are reported from Eurogamer, which are very much true.

• RAM: 4GB vs 3GB
  • CPU: 1Ghz vs. 2Ghz
  • GPU: 3 modes:307.2Mhz/384Mhz/768Mhz vs 1Ghz

Shield TV is clocked higher initially in both CPU and GPU, but don't forget Shield TV can't keep these clock speeds up for long, it throttles down to the exact switch's dock clockspeeds. Which further supports a stock X1.

Last edited by heartgold,
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thing is, it could have had a hdd installed, and theyre not exactly that expensive really.
How the hell would you put an HDD in a tablet? Even if it was possible, the battery would run out in 2 femtoseconds.
ports like the above wont happen as such, mostly because it wont have any return for the dev..... not really good if this "next gen" console is getting not last gen ports (ps4/xbx1) but the last gen before that (ps3/360).... the games are old and people already own them or can get them cheaper for that system.
Nope, I talk about standard multipatform games. There is zero reason for 3rd-party devs not to publish games for the Switch.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem really mad that people bought a console you don't like. Maybe you should take a break from whining about other people's decisions.
nope, twisin to suite your own desire.

i am mad at the company for yet again releasing cheap shit, charging its rip off price and it having shit loads of issues.

pointing fact that it never upholds its promise of getting better third party support.

all i will say is like the wii u, watch this sack of shit die a slow painful death. nintendo are not innovative at all, theyre so far behind it has to use BS gimmicks to make it sound better than it is, ohhh fyi not innovative at all.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell would you put an HDD in a tablet? Even if it was possible, the battery would run out in 2 femtoseconds.
ThinkPad X230 Tablet had a hard drive option. It also has a much larger 63 Wh battery. (Switch's battery is 3.7V, 4,310 mAh == 16 Wh)

i am mad at the company for yet again releasing cheap shit, charging its rip off price and it having shit loads of issues.
Then don't buy from them and stop whining. You don't see me making thousands of posts here about, say, Apple not releasing a decent mid-range desktop tower in over a decade; I simply don't buy Apple products instead.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pointing fact that it never upholds its promise of getting better third party support.

all i will say is like the wii u, watch this sack of shit die a slow painful death. nintendo are not innovative at all, theyre so far behind it has to use BS gimmicks to make it sound better than it is, ohhh fyi not innovative at all.

Then don't get a f*cking Switch, no need for you to spend money on it :lol: Sony and Microsoft are so much more innovative than Nintendo alright. Get a PC instead, or an XB1/PS4, as the Switch isn't for your demographic.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Trophies
XP
Country
France

P
Nintendo are the only innovators on the console market. Again, there is no point in buying XB/PS other than being fooled. These are underpowered PC ripoffs. A $350 PC with 5-year-old CPU+GPU performs better.

Reactions: Yil

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ThinkPad X230 Tablet had a hard drive option. It also has a much larger 63 Wh battery. (Switch's battery is 3.7V, 4,310 mAh == 16 Wh)

Then don't buy from them and stop whining. You don't see me making thousands of posts here about, say, Apple not releasing a decent mid-range desktop tower in over a decade; I simply don't buy Apple products instead.
It's also over 4 times as heavy and bulky, with laptop parts.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope, I talk about standard multipatform games. There is zero reason for 3rd-party devs not to publish games for the Switch.

ohh sorry i dont own a tiny laptop that has 80GB 2.5 hdd and has battery life of aprox 1-2 hours.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ohh sorry i dont own a tiny laptop that has 80GB 2.5 hdd and has battery life of aprox 1-2 hours.
Which is still impartically large for a handheld not to mention hdd's heat, poor protection against physical damage and slow speed even compared to emmc.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you accept the fact other people get what they want when they want? No need to be so sodding antagonistic about others' decisions.:rolleyes:
its more that others cant accept the issues and that nintendo is not the best anymore, selling cheap shit.

i mean if they took your view, then theyd be nothing to quote back would there?

they all insist nintendo is the best, this console is something amazing.... fuck me its an over prices pile of shit that cant run zelda properly so what hope has it to run anything that sony/ms get..... it will be a repeat of systems before it and your charged £280 for this thats the problem. never mind all the faults too.

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Except this is not a tablet. I know that, I have one at home. It is massive, its weight is 10.1 pounds and the tablet in is attached to the keyboard+trackpad thingy that contains the motherboard. And it ran Windows Vista in its first iterations. Oh, and the touchscreen did only function with a stylus.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its more that others cant accept the issues and that nintendo is not the best anymore, selling cheap shit.
duty_calls.png

Except this is not a tablet. I know that, I have one at home. It is massive, its weight is 10.1 pounds and the tablet in is attached to the keyboard+trackpad thingy that contains the motherboard. And it ran Windows Vista in its first iterations. Oh, and the touchscreen did only function with a stylus.
Uh, what? An X230T is definitely not "10.1 pounds". It's also one of the older "Tablet PC" systems that was designed to be a convertible laptop. It did use a stylus, but it's a Wacom stylus, similar to the ones used on expensive drawing tablets. X230T was released in 2012, so it was offered with Windows 7, not Vista.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then perhaps you should buy a laptop manufactured in 2017 instead of one made in 2006.
perhaps nintendo should catch up with todays technology and stop been cheap.

telling the world its games are now fun using its copied controlllers, when in fact take that shit away and you see the system for what it is.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

they all insist nintendo is the best, this console is something amazing.... fuck me its an over prices pile of shit that cant run zelda properly so what hope has it to run anything that sony/ms get..... it will be a repeat of systems before it and your charged £280 for this thats the problem. never mind all the faults too.

Then don't fucking get the Switch and get a PC instead; bitching about Nintendo does this, Nintendo does that is not going to solve anything at all. Stop acting like Sony and Microsoft are all sanctimonious and perfect; no company is perfect. Get a damn PC instead and make better use of your time. Man, you're bitter :lol:

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Trophies
XP
Country
France

telling the world its games are now fun using its copied controlllers, when in fact take that shit away and you see the system for what it is.

Sure, tha most powerful 6-inch tablet in History isn't 2017 technology.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, they could have opted for 64GB and not seen a price increase. The MicroSD slot is great but having to buy a massive MSD just for the sake of carrying a few games is a swift kick in the teeth.

I guess after spending 150 on accessories, another 50 for a 128GB card isn't too bad. Still..
So they could have increased the storage and magically avoided incurring greater costs but chose not to because reasons?

Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The engine was f****** desinged for the wii u and tv mode is barely faster than handheld mode when it's supposed to hit a much higher performance, like in fast RMX.

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You care far too much about a console you don't like.
Maybe take a break from the internet for a bit, there's far bigger issues in the world than Nintendo releasing a console that you don't like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more