[CONFIRMED] Final Fantasy VII remake coming to PS4?

GamerzHell9137

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hell has frozen over. Square Enix is developing FFVII for PS4.... yeah, its not that PC port but a full fledged remake of the game. The game will use a more modern style of Cloud, similar to his Dissidia look, and its being developed to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the game.

Source: Siliconera

Last edited by GamerzHell9137,

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm not mistaken, the game was originally published by Sony. I don't know if that has any impact on where the remake is going though. My guess would be PS4 and PC only, but I wouldn't be surprised if SE finagled it to end up on the Xbox One as well.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Come on, don't make me buy a PS4.
I want it on PS3.
Last gen is last gen. It's at the point where you can't expect anything except the regular on everything multiplats to deal with last gen. Developers are ready to move on to new hardware with increased performance.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Going to be that guy and say I would have preferred a VI remake. I'd totally flip my shit if that happened.
Many people would. VI easily had the best story of any FF game before or after it. It deserves to be remade with absolutely beautiful 3D models far more than overhyped VII.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm also that guy. I think it's a pretty overhyped game with unlikable, whingey characters. I much prefer action RPGs, turn based ones are basically glorified Rock-Paper-Scissors. People are free to love it, it did make the J-RPG genre massive in the west but to me, that's all it did. I dislike the game as it stands. I may pick up the remake to see what they did, but it isn't close to being in my favourite games, not even in my favourite RPGs.

That said, it gave Square-enix's stocks a boost and it'll make them a ton of money with a massive price tag, a £200 limited edition and dozens of DLC costumes that you know everybody will buy. This means more, hopefully higher quality games.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's a remake. Anybody expecting them to make a 1:1 version of the original game just with prettier graphics was deluding themselves. That's not how game development works. As has been debated before in the difference between ports (remasters) and remakes, a remake should add something. It should be different. It should differentiate itself from the original in a strong way. Especially in an age where you can play the original FF on just about everything Sony and PC, there is no reason just to make it an even more remastered remaster. That would be a waste of budget to do absolutely nothing but pander to nostalgia, which, in case it's hard to figure out, it would be hard to sell a title that feels like a PS1 game but looks like a PS4 game to anybody but diehard FF7 fans.

I know nostalgia has blinded most people to this, but FF7 was riddled with issues. The story kind of sucked, battling was slow, materia was a pain, summons were horribly handled, etc. I could see the remake actually making me like the game for once instead of feeling like a huge chore to play through.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
if they try to change the battle system like put that garbage one from the modern ones in than they can go fuck themselves not getting it.
The modern battle systems are literally some of the only praised things about the games, and the one for XV is shaping up to look very well done. It's not as if the traditional JRPG system, archaic and clunky as it is, is a viable system for a AAA release today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo